[3.7] Oro's Infernus | 2M+ Shaper DPS | ~7k HP | WS

Where u get life...? seems like u have almost none....any medium ele damage will cut u down in an instant....
With all life nodes taken it sits around 6k. Absolutely no problems since it has 8% reduction from max endurance charges and 25% from fortify, and you cant get crit. It has to be pack of xxx mobs that hit you at the same time to get u killed.
Elemental crits is what gets you killed at the later levels, especially from the crit maps.
The only thing where you have to be careful is the map with double elem bonus, on example xx extra bonus damage as fire and xx extra as cold, everything else isnt a problem. Especially on maps under tier 14

ps im doing breaches in t15-16 maps without issues (in cases when they dont cause massive laggs), you just have to leap slam time to time
Last edited by mafiamighty on Jan 18, 2017, 3:11:10 AM
Hi mafia,

Great build, liking a lot, but have a question. Max phys reduction is 90%. with 25k armor and all those endurance charges, arent you like way way above that threshold? Isn't that kind of a waste? Not to mention arctic armor.

My questions is, whats the point of getting all this armor when you are capped? Would it be better to go Kaom with all those endurance charges? Or if you do go brass Dome, would it then be better not to get so many endurance charges, and get frenzy charges instead from the tree and bandits?

Unless I am not understanding some mechanic about armor and phys reduction cap. Please explain, thanks.
Well since ive got question about Immortal Call too let me explain.
First of all you shouldnt use immortal call for clearing maps, only for hard hitting bosses.
Armor was changed in previous versions of poe, so this is how it works now:

Rule of thumb
To prevent one third of damage, you need armor 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent half of damage, you need armor 10 times the damage (e.g. 1000 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent two thirds of damage, you need armor 20 times the damage (e.g. 2000 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent three quarters of damage, you need armor 30 times the damage (e.g. 3000 Armor for 100 damage)
To prevent 90% of damage, you need armor 90 times the damage (e.g. 9000 Armor for 100 damage)
Armor will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 Armor will never prevent more than 100 damage)

Phys reduction that you see in stats is only estimate.
On example lets say Uber Izaro hits for 5k, you got ur granite on so ~50k armor, that will result in ~50% reduction = 2500 dmg - 25% from fortitude = 1875.
Now lets say you dont have brass dome and u get crit with that hit.
You would need over 100k armor to mitigate half of it, in other words its insta death.

Immortal call will give you immunity for 6-7s + against physical but in that time you will lose 8% elemental reduction so be aware of that.
For maps its just better to use molten shell since it gives you 1500 hp shield (vs all damage) and pretty good damage (like if you need it).

Makes more sense to me now. Thanks. Great build. Lots of fun and not very expensive at all!
Is that build really Shaper/Uber Atziri viable? Did you try?
And the main question - why no Kaom's Heart? Yeah its lost decent amount of armor, but still very high and gives you so much hp?
Last edited by h4tred_ on Jan 30, 2017, 6:20:36 PM
I couldn't play in last 30d, so didnt have time to level up char and gems.
I see no reason why they wont be doable, you just need to get skills maxed out.
Atziri is doable but not facetankable because it cant be ignited, so you have to tweak the build like ive mentioned earlier.
Shaper is just matter of dps, so maxed gems and enchant should be enough.
As for armor, i dont wear brass dome because of armor, its mostly because of its ability to annul crits, and as i sad in the first post you are totally free to go for kaoms.

Hopefully my new pc will arrive soon so ill make new vids and try to do rest of the content
Last edited by mafiamighty on Feb 1, 2017, 8:06:43 AM
Thx for this guide, I must say I enjoy this build, but I do not find the DPS or tankiness all that impressive. Could you take a look at my profile? dTdOrosInferno is the char.

I feel that most of my gear is decent, still could get some more DPS on my ring and gloves. But tooltip wise it is 44k at ho, and around 100k fully buffed. I usually run tier 10 and 11 (shaped mesa and strand) and I feel that it takes long time to kill the bosses and I feel really squishy in breaches, especially in esh breaches. Is there something I am missing? How do you get 44k armor? Looking at your gear I, as far I can see I have more? Eaven if I take iron reflex, molten shell and an granite flask I am still at ~34k. Also I have 5.3k life, and you are not eaven on 5k.

I have an other char in breach league, that uses an abyssus, and I feel more powerfull and tanky with him... But he does sick dps and have vaal pact...

PS atm all my gems are lvl 19... You may bee reading this when they hit lvl 20 and I quality them to lvl 1.
Last edited by dtd1989 on Feb 3, 2017, 12:58:45 PM
First of all for map clearing you dont need Granite, if you really want it then get % bonus to armor like i have on mine - thats why u dont have 50k.

Second as for dps, you can see on video that i would kill that Daresson in few sec if he doesnt have that timer, and my gems are lvl 19 without maxed quality.
Problem with your char is that your all gems have 0% quality and they are all under lvl 20, Flammability and Lightning golem are not even level 15. Both rings and gloves are missing attack speed.
You have only 3 jewels (excluding fireborn) two of them are pretty bad, no life and AS lower than 9%.
So all in all you are missing a lot of attack speed, gem levels and quality (and enchant on helmet and boots).

As for tankiness, im not sure what kind of problems you have.
As I told many times before you can not stay at one spot in breaches (make sure you leap every few sec for fortify to refresh), and if you have problems with Esh, just use Sapphire flask with shock removal. Obviously in breaches you can have it permanently.
You don't really have to use Granite flask for map clearing because there is no way something can hit you that hard. I was using it basically only for Uber Argus, Izaro and Daresso.
Better bring 2 elemental flasks (make sure you dont have ignite removal on duration flask, like i see you have on your life one).
Thx for your feedback, I guess I underestimated the AS DPS wise. I just got some more currency and I shall try to improve my char a bit more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info