[3.7] Oro's Infernus | 2M+ Shaper DPS | ~7k HP | WS

Hey, could you add what rolls you want to aim for on your gear? Would be usefull for noobs like me.
This build has definitely piqued my curiosity - going to roll a Marauder soon to test it out. I'm really confused about some of your choices, however.

Why don't you go for the two extra endurance charges? They'll give you both damage and damage reduction due to Juggernaut's passive, and if you're going to get one endurance charge you should get the one with .2% life regen per charge for the pre-req node instead of the extra endurance charge duration.

Additionally, you spend 3 points going to iron reflexes, and as far as I can see that's only converting the ~500 evasion from Devoto's. Is that really worth 3 points?
Well, Damage increase is '6% inc per charge', so its not 'more' modifier but 'increased', and that 12% result in pretty much nothing. 8% more physical reduction doesn't mean anything to me so I rerolled that 4 points back and used them for something else. As I said in the first post, build is pretty flexible, you can get 9 charges and use immortal call all the time, and just pretty much be immune to physical damage 99% of the time, if you wish.
As for Iron Reflexes, ideally you could get some more eva on your gear, and it's not 3pts it is 2.
"
mafiamighty wrote:
Well, Damage increase is '6% inc per charge', so its not 'more' modifier but 'increased', and that 12% result in pretty much nothing. 8% more physical reduction doesn't mean anything to me so I rerolled that 4 points back and used them for something else. As I said in the first post, build is pretty flexible, you can get 9 charges and use immortal call all the time, and just pretty much be immune to physical damage 99% of the time, if you wish.
As for Iron Reflexes, ideally you could get some more eva on your gear, and it's not 3pts it is 2.

Yes, it's only increased, but it's nothing to sneeze at, and extra physical reduction is always nice to facetank stupid stuff. Even then, if you only pick up one endurance charge, why pick up the one with the duration pre-req instead of getting the extra life regen? It just doesn't seem that smart.

Iron reflexes is three points because without it you can remove the dex node below the frenzy charge and come in to that frenzy charge from above instead of below, which saves an extra point. Unless I already had eva gear it seems easy enough to just build pure armor gear and get three points to spend on other things.

Additionally, by picking up an extra endurance charge or two in the tree, you could grab a frenzy charge in merciless bandits instead of endurance for an extra 4% more damage - just seems like a better trade.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love the build and the idea - I've already bought the gear and will be leveling it soon, I just think the tree has more room for optimization.

This is the rough version I came up with:

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPcRKwB5xtjE9nKprKpZ83IPcYWxQtq5Rtd65mP9OtgyiXflV-LtIOFzgpv3MnzZJy-QVRo4WGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w7GrlBHrj5nm-RRlG9mVOoY-Ovz3WhlFHEOPDpShmAn7QYO1HwJ9iKvOFN252FS705eEyFV3D0HdcCmQKB67wUtRrd07drBhO-pJ5Bsh2rTb0MxTP_WWHh6qZSE2Ud-vTZlTb6nWhqS0BLhogB2rM9-2XyCB7yfGJH8SxRNxBWPYLvtkc6fPi3S8B8Es2jyDF8cp1OlwzPEWInYaFjXljwtg18yfsABBsZdpN3Vyx7SOPON9IMAAAAArBACNQEUAAMAAYgTAZABAAAAHAK8ARQABwFkAAGKAgGgAAHQBwH6AAHIAAAEBwAbAkkCAAEBgAwFAVAAAZABAgoAuAsByAAAAAAAACACCgEUAQEsAQgAAo4ScBcBlgAByAABZAABZAAAAAYfAAAeAlIAAAEBLAEGAfoAAZABAWQAAcgAAcgAAfoAAAAAABgCMgAAAQHwAAQBZAABvAIB6AMBFAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

The build already has a lot of health regen, and with the heavy phys reduction I thought it would be nice to double-down on that element with nodes like combat stamina, the regen with end charges and the .8% by Marauder. Also, the jewel socket by the armor nodes in your original build is better than the "optimized" build posted later on page 1, as the melee phys nodes on the bottom jewel socket near duelist do nothing for the build.

With the extra health regen I think this build could make a decent uber lab farmer. Those are just my thoughts, though.
Last edited by Riale on Jan 4, 2017, 6:54:14 AM
You are right for Iron Reflexes, but my goal was to get either ar/ev or either one of them and still get the bonus because my budget was very tight.
12% inc dmg results in 0.5% dps which isnt that much attractive, but as I sad many times you are free to go on whichever side you prefer.
As for the tree you linked, not going for constitution is just ludicrous. This build is getting HP from only 4 pieces of gear and unless you decide to ditch half of the uniques i use, you will end up with 4k hp. Meaning that mentioned life regen node will give u like 50hps? :)
This thing is doing uber without any issues, and traps are pretty much a joke.
As for additional life leech/mana leech node you picked, it makes sense only for going on only 2 ignite immune bosses in game, atziri and phoenix. Except on those 2, it wont increase leeching since both mp and hp are already capped.

ps if you want to go on phoenix or uber atziri, you have to swap neck for one like this
+ get res on it that you need and life preferably, mokou's for essence worm , you put anger in it and use purity aura, and swap life gain for life leech. Still, with 85% fire res (aura + ruby) and reductions i dont think that phoenix is face tankable with life chars. So just leap out when he starts that blast, rest of the fight is easy peasy
Last edited by mafiamighty on Jan 4, 2017, 8:02:59 AM
"
Stratic wrote:
Hey, could you add what rolls you want to aim for on your gear? Would be usefull for noobs like me.

Sorry man I've completely forgot to respond to you
Ok so, for all pieces of gear first 2 priorities are the same, HP and res.
-Gloves: HP, res, if you are lucky get 2 res, attack speed and flat fire damage.
-Boots: Hp, 3x res. If you have cash get ones with move speed too, but traveling with leap slam is good enough for most of maps.
-Ring: Hp, res, AS, flat fire, elemental damage with weapons
-Belt: Hp, res, elemental damage with weapons, try to get +1 to max endurance charges by corrupting

HP and capping res is max priority. Endurance charges indeed gives all res, but if u want to do ele weakness maps maxing res is the way to go.
Do not use doryiani for belt, it is much worse than 3c rare with hp and elem dmg
Did you try Guardians and breachlords with the build? and does it have the power/defences for shaper?
Also, the only map mod not possible or very hard to do is ele reflect?

I have the 90jugg on cyclone, tree is kinda closed and I might wanna try it out but dont have the currency to modify everything yet.

thanks for your work
I've just gotten my hands on The Taming and I'm a pretty decent chunk away from having 80% chance to ignite, right now I'm at 50% on my damage sheet and with flammability that would bring it up to a 63% chance right, where is this other 17% I'm missing?

Also, what did you mean by having to change the way we build endurance charges? Right now I'm usually completely topped off on endurance charges and even when immortal call eats them I almost always get them back nearly instantly.

My character is public if you wanna take a quick glance at it and see if there's anything I can change to make it a little stronger/tankier.
Last edited by Dominator323 on Jan 5, 2017, 9:29:20 AM
Guardians are doable as i mentioned before, only atziri and phoenix require mentioned tweaking and you cant face tank them. I haven't tried breachlords but i dont see any problem with them except chaos dmg if u dont have chaos res on equipment + atziri flask.

As for taming, I made few wrong statements there. If you remove mokou's to put emberwake you lose your reliable way of self igniting. So that will cost ~70% dmg inc from amulet, but it will still self hit and generate endurance charges. In conclusion, since everything is dying under 1s already, i would use taming + emberwake only for longer boss fights (guardian, shaper, w/e), so you can stack that ignite over 4+ seconds and get nice dmg increase. For all other cases where mobs dies under 1s, mokou's is better choice since it will keep you ignited and grant that 20% as + 70% dmg (for which you would need 7+ ignite stacks to be on same dps with taming).
For ignite chance I was obviously overcalculating. Ignite chance will stay the same so 63%, with lets say 10 aps = 20 hits it should be 12 ignites = 120% inc dmg per sec, on 4.4s ign duration it will result in ~530% inc dmg, should be much better than 20% as + 70% inc dmg

ps note that with taming you are losing 2nd ring slot which means another HP piece lost, make sure you have enough hp nodes picked and res capped.
Last edited by mafiamighty on Jan 5, 2017, 12:09:08 PM
thx

I jsut switched from disfavour cyclone to your build, but dmg its very low, I know most of gems are not 20 and only 2 with quality but dmg difference its very big

Can u have a look at my char (thracian muscles) and tell me where to upgrade

cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info