[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

"
Wilmots wrote:
Changed the passive tree, went down to unwavering and picked the jewel socket there on the upper left with brute force.

Wait, what... Why? Berserker is the one class that does not need US. IMO it's much better to bring The Writhing Jar to a couple of bosses like Chimera. You can totally go with US but it's a waste for Berserker.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 21, 2017, 12:30:56 PM
Just checking things out, doing this, doing that. With the cluster on the upper left of US i picked up 60 int, plus the 24 from brute. After i get ROR I will take 2 points to another plus 20 int node. Im doing finer then ever with actually almost 1,6 K Int. And the writhing jar is def very cool either.
Last edited by Wilmots on Mar 21, 2017, 1:29:38 PM
The conversion jewels are only good when you have to take the Str/Dex nodes already, or when you can overlap them. But if you don't have to take those paths then you would get a lot more from the jewel sockets available thru Int nodes. 24 value is very weak for a jewel, you can do much better. Plus there are 4 completely useless nodes on the way to US, that's why I say that US costs 5 skill points. Berserker has a good enough stun defense, he can afford to spend those 5 points elsewhere, i.e. basically get another socket instead. That's why he is ready to farm the Shaper at the lowest level of all 4 classes with this build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 21, 2017, 2:20:36 PM
I appreciate your work very much. Seriosly. 24 int is "a very weak jewel" for brute force solution, if max is 25? I luv this game just because it lets you do your own stuff. I dont see a reason for taking a jewel socket left to harrier, which takes 2 nodes before with 6 % spell dmg, and just 1 dex node to convert. For me these are wasted nodes. I will go on planning and checking things, just like you did for yourself. Its fun not taking evrything for granted. This is what this game is made for. And yes, I will quit US.

I turned back to the old tree with a little loss of int. Now with 1580 int. Some gems still need to be optimized in quality, all are lvl 20. Firepen, lifeleech, conceff,coldtfire,scray and cwc. I have 6519 hideout damage with icestorm. How comes you got 8 K in 2.5, all due to cold to fire?
Last edited by Wilmots on Mar 22, 2017, 2:53:53 AM
Why do I suck at uber atziri? I've thought about dropping CwC for her to allow for more mobility, but don't know for sure. I just feel too locked in to place while spamming SR.

So, does CwC still work well on her and I'm just playing trashcan or should I think of switching it up? I run 3 ruby, 1 onslaught and 1 sulfur. All of them with increased duration, some with burning others with bleeding etc. I don't feel that is my issue.
"
Wilmots wrote:
I appreciate your work very much. Seriosly. 24 int is "a very weak jewel" for brute force solution, if max is 25? I luv this game just because it lets you do your own stuff. I dont see a reason for taking a jewel socket left to harrier, which takes 2 nodes before with 6 % spell dmg, and just 1 dex node to convert. For me these are wasted nodes. I will go on planning and checking things, just like you did for yourself. Its fun not taking evrything for granted. This is what this game is made for. And yes, I will quit US.

I turned back to the old tree with a little loss of int. Now with 1580 int. Some gems still need to be optimized in quality, all are lvl 20. Firepen, lifeleech, conceff,coldtfire,scray and cwc. I have 6519 hideout damage with icestorm. How comes you got 8 K in 2.5, all due to cold to fire?

24 Int is the max roll for Brute Force. I mean it's a weak jewel for any socket that doesn't have Str/Dex nodes nearby that you HAVE to take. So don't take them when you don't have to.

You are wrong about the socket near Scion though: it converts 2 Dex nodes, not 1. It's actually mentioned in the guide. So the value of that socket is 24+20+12=56 for 3 skill points, that's pretty good, almost 19 per point.

"
Brunnor wrote:
Why do I suck at uber atziri? I've thought about dropping CwC for her to allow for more mobility, but don't know for sure. I just feel too locked in to place while spamming SR.

So, does CwC still work well on her and I'm just playing trashcan or should I think of switching it up? I run 3 ruby, 1 onslaught and 1 sulfur. All of them with increased duration, some with burning others with bleeding etc. I don't feel that is my issue.

How would dropping CwC increase your mobility?? Why do you feel 'locked in place'? You are free to move at any time already (unlike the self-cast version where you can't do anything while in the casting animation). When you see something you need to dodge - just release the SR key and move.

These are my current Uber Atziri flasks:

and the 2.6 video. That's Elementalist ignoring reflect. Berserker can't do quite that, so you don't swap any rings for Sibyl and don't pre-cast on the front statue before you can see that it's non-mirror (if it's the mirror, target the opposite one). Pop Ruby+Oak+Warding just before the statues go active, and then Warding again just before Atziri goes active again. That's enough for 2 statue phases without recharging, and you almost never get all 3 in a row (for that possibility I have the portal there as an emergency refill). Quicksilver Staunching for Atziri's spear throw that's often followed by the Twin Blasts - 1 flask works for both.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 22, 2017, 4:49:56 PM
I think my biggest issue, after doing her again(and failing of course), is getting stunned. Since there isn't really a lot of things to kill to keep up immunity, I get clipped by some abilities due to being just a little slow. I thought it was just SR/CwC causing my movements to be slower, but it is just being stunned.

Also, you drop Warlords for Purity on her? That worth doing on Mara or just Elem due to reflect stuff?

Our flasks are about the same but I don't run QS, I have another ruby with bleed on it.
"
Brunnor wrote:
I think my biggest issue, after doing her again(and failing of course), is getting stunned. Since there isn't really a lot of things to kill to keep up immunity, I get clipped by some abilities due to being just a little slow. I thought it was just SR/CwC causing my movements to be slower, but it is just being stunned.

Also, you drop Warlords for Purity on her? That worth doing on Mara or just Elem due to reflect stuff?

Our flasks are about the same but I don't run QS, I have another ruby with bleed on it.

Stunned by Atziri? Hmm... I never had that issue vs her. Are you mis-timing your Warding flask? I hit it just before the statues go active and then just before Atziri goes active again. That way I don't have any curses on me for the first 5 sec of each phase, and that's when the damage is done. I can get stunned briefly by her spear throw when she is alone, but that's not dangerous.

The Purity setup is explained in the Boss Guide. Berserker can drop WM for this fight easily and minimize the risk of getting stunned. This way you can also replace Doedre's with a good ring (e.g. another Perandus).
I have nearly the same build, but I decided to add crit to the build. The spell crit nodes are so easy to get and add so much crit + multi. I got 50% with no power charges. And then I decided that I still want instant leech but also want to keep regen, so I just used these gloves
for instant leech and the int bonus is also pretty damn nice. still got 9.5k es.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Mar 25, 2017, 5:23:57 PM
Can i ask what's your gem link when your damage is like 8k dps ? Mine was Scorching Ray- CWC- LL- Elem Focus- Concentrated Effect- Cold to fire , and my dps was only 7,3k dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info