[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Everything

vigilant strike seems nice. strictly for bosses. great idea.
Nice build man. What about mind over matter? Even without taking the other 3 nodes after it, seems like we have enough mana regen for it

"
LastMagus wrote:
the added cold/fire enchant for the boots is godly

Does this apply to WI? I thought this was for attacks? If it does add damage to WI then im going for this.
"
LastMagus wrote:
vigilant strike seems nice. strictly for bosses. great idea.

Not just bosses. Essence rares can be very nasty too. And you never know what pops from a strongbox when you have a ton of prophecies active. Orb, pre-cast a bunch of Icestorms, activate the box/essence and immediately hit VS. Life saver.

"
thelfenix wrote:
Nice build man. What about mind over matter? Even without taking the other 3 nodes after it, seems like we have enough mana regen for it

We reserve almost all of our mana. Letting incoming damage take your mana will make you run out of mana and stop channelling SR, i.e. your DPS will stagger and you'll lose the fire debuff often. And you won't have enough free mana to negate serious hits anyway. That means you'll need to drop AA. And probably need those fat mana nodes behind MoM too. Technically, 30% mitigation is better than 13%, so it may be worth it. But it's a different mechanic, so I'm not sure how it would work in reality. I'd hate to become vulnerable to low/no regen maps. You are welcome to try and let us know how it works. I might try it when I have time too.

"
chaoticwon wrote:
"
LastMagus wrote:
the added cold/fire enchant for the boots is godly

Does this apply to WI? I thought this was for attacks? If it does add damage to WI then im going for this.

Yes, it adds damage to spells as well as attacks. It's not a huge amount but decent enough to consider for Berserker since he doesn't need the extra leech. I've been wanting to include those enchants into the list for this class for a while now but keep forgetting. :)

"+Cold dmg when you have been hit recently" looks like the most useful since it gives you extra DPS against bosses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 13, 2017, 2:24:35 PM
how many dmg i must have on Icestrom to complete Shaper run without problem?
"
gerys666 wrote:

That depends on your skill level and your definition of 'problems'. I'm not highly skilled, my char in the Shaper video had 8.4k Icestorm tooltip and it was a total overkill - I was never in any danger, you can say 'without problems'. So if you are like me, I'd say 8k is fine. There are MUCH better players who can do it with a lot less.
Figured I would post my current progression with this build. I've played your Elementalist and Scion version and now trying the Berserker version. Still working on getting boots / gloves at a decent price. I haven't found out how to tri-curse without using pyre since you lose a lot of resist on the ring slot.

Edit: got a new chest and am running tri-curse now with a slight under-cap on lightning with wise oak.

Last edited by Lunariongames on Mar 14, 2017, 7:53:37 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
gerys666 wrote:

That depends on your skill level and your definition of 'problems'. I'm not highly skilled, my char in the Shaper video had 8.4k Icestorm tooltip and it was a total overkill - I was never in any danger, you can say 'without problems'. So if you are like me, I'd say 8k is fine. There are MUCH better players who can do it with a lot less.

ok, i understand, thank you for answer!
I didn't do shaper yet but I also stopped investing in the build. It's gotten too strong too fast so it's time to roll something else. Sadly I also enjoy leveling and WI is not great at it. Dps is great but ms/ aps clear speed is just sad. I'll do shaper once it's dirt cheap to buy the sets, as at this moment i would rather invest in new chars.

MOM does not work with CI.

The added cold on boots is better than fire.. but if you want to min max the WI beserker, that's the least of your concerns. Either cold or fire will do for whatever content you have in mind.

Use the new unique wise oak flask. the dps boost is HUGE! and the defensive boost is just as great. If you manage to min max gear and get cold + lightning resists at the same numbers... you're golden.

I still haven't bothered capping my res for anything. The one thing i did was borrow some gear to be ele res capped for hall of grandmasters, but that was just because... why not. Did everything up to t16 vaal temple (included in case that wasn't clear). without cold/light capped res. Op flasks will be op.. use them now before they only work for pathfinders.

One more thing, lvl 91 still using bated breath for lab and perandus for mapping. I think my profile is public so u guys can check whatever you want. I'm using the CWC setup just because i decided to be lazy about certain situations. Using self cast with spell echo certainly does more... way way more dps but it demands a more skillful gameplay aproach.

When it's all said and done, it's hard for me to see any major drawbacks from last league. The hardest thing to do is cap resists this early in the league. But ... that's just the way it is. Pray for HoWa nerfs in 3.0 :).

Hf guys!

This Buld is HC Legacy Vaible? i wanna try but i little worry taht can be squishy ;];]
Some1 try or recomend that??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info