[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

Please help with feedback for my gear, what are possible upgrades:

Please let me know any tips or advice you might have for me!

unbuffed H/O DPS: 41k ST GMP
Buffed (Aura + Golem): 48k DPS ST GMP

Unbuffed H/O DPS: 70k DPS ST SP (Slower Projectal)
Buffed H/O DPS: 80k DPS ST SP

Is it worth getting the enchent ST Damage 40% on my helm? Other good enchents for gloves and boots?
(I am using Unwavering stance, so no worries about stuns)

Much appreated :DD!

EDIT: Is it worth getting the Faster Attack support instead the added lightning damage? Cheers!!
Last edited by 天龍八部800 on Feb 7, 2017, 12:12:59 PM
"
tsijan1700 wrote:

Is it worth getting the enchent ST Damage 40% on my helm? Other good enchents for gloves and boots?

EDIT: Is it worth getting the Faster Attack support instead the added lightning damage? Cheers!!

Your dmg seems insanly low for your gear. Might be more of a tree issue there.
I'd replace the amulet with a good rare one and you miss a lot flat ES on rings/belt/amu so your ES pool might be kinda low to.

Faster Attacks, i wouldnt use it, but that also depends on your tree and APS w/o the gem :)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Feb 7, 2017, 1:25:19 PM
"
Faster Attacks, i wouldnt use it, but that also depends on your tree and APS w/o the gem :)

Hey Doeboy, please can you explain why you feel Added Lightning is better than Faster Attacks?

I can see the benefits of FA, but the only upside I see of ALD is easier colouring of the chest.

Thanks,
Doom.
"
DoomLegion wrote:
"

Hey Doeboy, please can you explain why you feel Added Lightning is better than Faster Attacks?

I can see the benefits of FA, but the only upside I see of ALD is easier colouring of the chest.

Thanks,
Doom.

most of skill gem bring you more benefit from scalling flat lightning damage(ele focus, wed, light pen...ect) than + 54% attack speed from 20/20 faster attack, and that doesn't hurt your mana pool like scalling crazy attack speed
better use the rest of your jewel slot for attack speed (attack speed with claw-duel wielding-one hand...)
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Feb 7, 2017, 4:16:46 PM
My tree is a little different from yours and I'm only using 2 fertile mind jewels, the socket near Nullification node has a lightning damage/attack speed/projectile damage jewel. That jewel itself gives me around 3.2k tooltip damage (vs fertile mind which gives me 2.2k tooltip damage, though at a loss of around 500 ES if I don't use fertile mind which I think is a good trade) . The other sockets not taken up by fertile mind/brute force has got lightning damage with 2 attack speed mods on it. By using jewels with res in the 3 sockets you have you're potentially losing out on at least 48% lightning damage in your build.

Also all my gems in my 6-link are lvl21 except for lightning pen. Wrath is also lvl21 and my lightning golem is linked to lvl3 empower which gives me a lvl22 lightning golem. Having lvl21 gem makes a huge difference in the 6-link and that's around 3k tooltip dps for me added up.

Currently I'm sitting at 1246 INT/455 DEX. If I use 3 fertile minds I'll be at 1350 INT/381 DEX.

"
crayolamix wrote:

Does anyone know why my tooltip is so low compared to some people here? I mean I'm clearing all content fine I just find it weird how my tooltip is 10-20k lower than a few people here, with similar if not better gear.

All my jewels are double attack speed mods with some res on them, with 3 fertile minds and 1 brute force solution.

EDIT:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQHRAecDHgX5DkgPqxEPES8RgRGWFHUUsBXXFfAXJhmKGdcaVRvIHxgfQSLqI9MqOCsKLL8uUzY9Nug7DTy-QdBDMUwtTP9OKlH7VP5VhVZIVmNW-loaW69ca13yX2pfcGEhY6dtbG8ndct313qEf8aCHoNthEiExYTvhq6IQo1-j0aPYI_6kAqTJ5OVlcyXBppqm6GbtZ_LoSKhL6JAo4qkwqXLpwinMKyYrTOv67VIt7a95r6KvqfBxcMzwzrDbcSizRbP3dCt0NDTb9gk2NXawd1G44TndOjW6mLrFOwY7T_uDu_r8Yr0-PfX-WM=

Theres my tree btw :)

I think it's really a matter of preference with FA vs AL. There's no right or wrong and just really comes down to what you prefer. I chose FA from the get go and never once considered changing at all.

Personally my favourite enchant to go with the boots would be 16% attack speed increase, next would be 0.6% leech.

I'm happy with my % damage to ST enchant on my head piece. Though I know some use the deceleration enchant. Again, it all comes down to preference. There isn't a one size fits all sort of thing here.

"
tsijan1700 wrote:

Last edited by loaferzz on Feb 7, 2017, 5:39:29 PM
Can someone take a look at my gear also? I know it's pretty bad but I am not very rich. Which one should I upgrade first?

unbuffed gmp - 19.6k dps
7k ES
1k int

Last edited by jabberjabber2 on Feb 7, 2017, 6:12:42 PM
For helm enchants it all depends what your purpose is.
Need a dps boost? Then %dmg enchant.
Need better clear speed: Then projectile speed.
Need better single target: Defeleration (this is what I'm currently using)

About boot enchant:
Need dps boost (not tooltip): Go for % penetration (my favorite, 10% on most bosses is sick, this is what I'm currently using)
Need survivability: %leech
Need clear speed: %attack speed

Those are just my personal preferences, I've tried them all and found my picks based on what my current objectives were.

The pick you choose should depend on your current objectives (lvling, end game bosses, lab etc).

I'm currently at lvl 95, not gonna do a single more level and just do end game content now so I've found what is most optimal for me, my gear / build and stats.

Currently sitting at:
60k HO DPS (GMP, golem wrath)
11,3k ES
"
DoomLegion wrote:
"

Thanks,
Doom.

Especially using HoWA you get more than enough Attackspeed, well as said it depends on your tree. Iam running 3 Rare jewels with a damage/AS combination (resists/ES/stats are also possible) but atleast 2 AS mods. so in Hideout i allready sitting at 4.7APS w/o having frenzies, also no totem placed. The only situation were attackspeed is really good is high HP bosses, but as said with frenzies + vaalhaste + totem ur mana is going to go to zero in not even half a sec anyway, so you wont high dmg for better leech per hit. I'd suggest added lightning if your attackspeed feels good with it, if not ofc FA is always an option but i'd never say that it's better - more dmg per hit against more dmg while stationary, and howa st is a mobile build so ye, i prefer to move than standing still :P

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Thanks for the thorough explanation Doe, much appreciated!

I currently have just under 4 APS in HO, so FA is still a tempting option at the moment.
"
DoomLegion wrote:
Thanks for the thorough explanation Doe, much appreciated!

I currently have just under 4 APS in HO, so FA is still a tempting option at the moment.

The biggest problem i had and why i took jewel sockets, was the not satisfying whirling speed.
Not sure how your tree looks like but the natural attackspeed you get should be 4+APS w/o APS jewels and attackspeed on gloves.

User tsijan1700 posted on top of this page and we changed his tree yesterday and brought him 10K DPS by just a simple treechange.

Last edited by Doe on Feb 8, 2017, 3:18:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info