[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

What about Skyforth? Isn't it somewhat rly nice to have?
"
FTNQ wrote:
Hi guys, can anyone say what should i change on this gear

My dps in ho (wrath+light golem)
GMP 23 785
Slower Proj 39 838

is it good/bad dps for 5L ?

Should i go for 6L, or mb i should change my amulet for ele dmg+INT(is it important to get added light dmg here?)/something else

and mb i should change something on my tree ?

thanks for read.

mathil tree is fine, int is fairly low without astramentis and some int missing on your chest, wrath is lvl18 only. Dps will raise when you reach lvl20/21.

I'm a 5th Link as well. I think my gear is pretty decent, my gems are finally lvl19/q20 and I was lucky with a lvl21 wrath roll. Which leaves me with 30k+ H/O dps. I was very unlucky with 6L tries on my chest by now and think of using master services to finally run 6L.
"
Alkaizerx23 wrote:
What about Skyforth? Isn't it somewhat rly nice to have?

no, because:
1. it's a noncrit build so we dont need power charges
2. we need the resists on our boots
The biggest problem for me is caping resistance without loosing too much damage. Right now I have 133% Fire, 180% cold and 135% Lightning.
Without high dmg I can't leech enough mana and life which is important with my ES pool(7500). I can do red maps and kill boses mostly without any problems even if I have only 14k GMP in HO (on lvl 80). At lvl 90 it should look much better but I need to get better gear with more ES (gloves and helm) so I can have at least 8.5k ES.

I really do not know which part of my gear should be upgraded first. I can't give up on my amulet because of nice ES and resistance. Gear with 2x t1 res + Int cost plenty of exalts... I know that at lvl 90 situation will be much better (24% more AS and 48% more light dmg). Maybe instead of gear I should buy 19-20% quality gems (ST, Ele Focus, WED) or maybe I should get better gloves (with 150 ES+) and Helmet with 350 ES+ (can be expensive...).

Is it worth to drop WRATH and use Purity of Elements so I can give up on resistance and focues on DMG and ES?

Gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by zaboleqqq on Jan 12, 2017, 6:10:27 AM
"
Sirrr wrote:
(...)I took resolute technique because i really hate accuracy, but i don't know if this will result in a huge loss of damage or not.

You'll be missing a 40% more damage from Elemental Overload if you do that. That's huge. You'll gain ~10% more damage by going to 100% hit chance, but that's not closing the gap.
Also, pathing to RT costs you a lot of points, wasted into strength node, useless for us.
I convert most of them in intelligence with a brute force jewel.

30% is a lot, maybe i'll try to respec a little but with zero accuracy on my gear i will get at best 88% chance to hit.
I think 88% is really good. You would need shitload of accuracy on gear to hit 91% + and later when you outlevel content (lvl 90+) accuracy is neeed really needed I think.
"
zaboleqqq wrote:
The biggest problem for me is caping resistance without loosing too much damage. Right now I have 133% Fire, 180% cold and 135% Lightning.
Without high dmg I can't leech enough mana and life which is important with my ES pool(7500). I can do red maps and kill boses mostly without any problems even if I have only 14k GMP in HO (on lvl 80). At lvl 90 it should look much better but I need to get better gear with more ES (gloves and helm) so I can have at least 8.5k ES.

I really do not know which part of my gear should be upgraded first. I can't give up on my amulet because of nice ES and resistance. Gear with 2x t1 res + Int cost plenty of exalts... I know that at lvl 90 situation will be much better (24% more AS and 48% more light dmg). Maybe instead of gear I should buy 19-20% quality gems (ST, Ele Focus, WED) or maybe I should get better gloves (with 150 ES+) and Helmet with 350 ES+ (can be expensive...).

Is it worth to drop WRATH and use Purity of Elements so I can give up on resistance and focues on DMG and ES?

Gear:
Spoiler

belt and rings are shit. Most of the stats are wasted on your rings. All the stats on your belt are only mid-tier. Look for something like:

110+ resistance on a belt is very easy to archive. Even 120 is possible with fairly low budget. I would rather miss that 30 int and 100ES on the belt instead of losing 10% res on this slot.
Ring should have 70+ total res. Res + Int are the primary stats. + flat ES is only a little bonus. You can upgrade a lot of rings with flat lightning damage for a nice buff on a small budget. WED doesnt make a huge difference if your base damage is low.
If you find a nice ring you can add %ES which is a huge boost later on.

I dont have res on my helmt and still capped my res (all very tight, but still...).

Did you choose + all res as bandit reward, Jewelery can also help with resistance while you are gearing up.

Missing leech is the result of a defensive skilling in early levels. to avoid this focus on damage nodes until lvl 80 and start going for ES at the point where you have decent damage.
in addition a lvl 2 enlighten helps to create a larger manapool and to stabilise a bit.
Last edited by hunTShoo on Jan 12, 2017, 8:21:58 AM
Ok but base DMG comes from INT and I have INT (between 31 and 50) on every part of my gear so I think base damage of claws is ok. Int boost lightning damage of HoWaA and then we have bigger boost from WED/EleFocus/lightning damage nodes. I thought that we should focus on +WED on rings/amu instead of pure lightning damage(as it state in this guide and almost every other guide for HoWaA ranger).

Ring like this one could be better?
+25 to maximum Life
+39 to Intelligence
Adds 2 to 43 Lightning Damage to Attacks
+34 to maximum Energy Shield
+14% to all Elemental Resistances
+30% to Fire Resistance

I agrree that belt is medicore one. Better one with 3x res + Flat cost cost 20c+ but that one ring with Accuracy + %accu rating and Int + WED give me nice dmg boost(because of accuracy). I do not know which level of accuracy (how many %) is enough for this build to sustain leech. I agree that second ring can be much better.

I wanted to see your character gear but it looks like it is not allowed ;).
"
zaboleqqq wrote:
Ok but base DMG comes from INT and I have INT (between 31 and 50) on every part of my gear so I think base damage of claws is ok. Int boost lightning damage of HoWaA and then we have bigger boost from WED/EleFocus/lightning damage nodes. I thought that we should focus on +WED on rings/amu instead of pure lightning damage(as it state in this guide and almost every other guide for HoWaA ranger).

Ring like this one could be better?
+25 to maximum Life
+39 to Intelligence
Adds 2 to 43 Lightning Damage to Attacks
+34 to maximum Energy Shield
+14% to all Elemental Resistances
+30% to Fire Resistance

I agrree that belt is medicore one. Better one with 3x res + Flat cost cost 20c+ but that one ring with Accuracy + %accu rating and Int + WED give me nice dmg boost(because of accuracy). I do not know which level of accuracy (how many %) is enough for this build to sustain leech. I agree that second ring can be much better.

I wanted to see your character gear but it looks like it is not allowed ;).

You can check my gear for what to aim for. I recently replaced some gloves with accuracy with Atk speed gloves due to over-leveling the accuracy checks. If you are sub 90 i would still aim for at least 250 or so on one piece of gear at the minimum.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info