[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

Nice to see this dps calculation! You used the 30k dps if you use the full buffs with slower projectile the final damage would be insane!

About the phys / chaos being close for my character, it is because i removed the nodes that gives weapon physical damage and got the nodes with projectile damage wich power up the chaos portion and the phys portion.

"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:

Edit: Additionally, I'm not sure about the source of your numbers. If I remember correctly, my aps was closer to 2, which would impact the ability to stack poison.

On my lvl 79 ES version I have 3.5 APS with Bino's and a shield in town. Edwinschi's version has a 1.89 aps offhand, dual wield bonus, better faster attacks gem, less defensive focus in tree, more passive points to play with, and vaal haste appears to be on by default. So the number in the above post seems right on target, maybe a little inflated if you don't want to include vaal haste.

"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
I also don't remember chaos and phys damage being this equal. If I remember correctly, phys was the primary source damage, with chaos being ~60-70% of that.

You can see from the screenshots he posted that the portion of chaos damage is accurate. If anything those numbers are conservative as it appears the portion of damage that is chaos jumps quite a bit as more buffs are added in his later screenshots. The difference with your recollection might be because he specced out of some of the dual wield phys nodes as he mentioned in his post.

Ya I saw all of that, I just remember things being a bit different with the build I was operating with.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
"
If I went about coloring a 6L regalia it would be near impossible to color in 10ex so what other options can I do? 4g2b? 4g1r1b? What's the best?

ALSO, if I do go ES how much DPS would I missout on not taking uniques. Would also consider going lowlife.

You could test swapping in crit multiplier.

Yes, not using rat's nest and maligaros will result in losing quite a bit of damage. Even more damage will be lost if you use a shield instead of 2 daggers.
"
If I went about coloring a 6L regalia it would be near impossible to color in 10ex so what other options can I do? 4g2b? 4g1r1b? What's the best?

ALSO, if I do go ES how much DPS would I missout on not taking uniques. Would also consider going lowlife.

I think 4g2b is the way to go. Testing using Path of Building and edwinschi's assassin, he actually gained a small amount of DPS swapping out faster attacks for increased crit damage, both with and without vaal haste and power/frenzy charges (less than 1% difference unbuffed and around 8% difference with charges and vaal haste).

Edit: I ran some tests just un-equipping both maligaro's and rat's nest in PoB, and it cost 25% DPS with charges on. We will also be down a ring or amulet slot (I like using valyrium ring so we can use a crit/phys/es% amulet). We can make up some of this by getting gloves with a good attack speed roll and perhaps accuracy on helm/gloves but it's not much compared to maligaro's and rat's nest.

On the plus side, we can invest less points in ES nodes than the HP version needs to spend on life nodes for the same amount of survivability, especially if we have good gear. These points could be spent on more damage. Not sure this is going to make up the difference though.
Last edited by A_Riot_Coming on Jan 26, 2017, 2:47:36 PM
It looks like I was wrong about the low life version being possible. I didn't realize Crown of Eyes was changed to not affect "more" multipliers, so I don't see how we can take advantage of PA.
It looks like Dirty Techniques (the poison cluster near vitality void) is being severely underrated. PoB is showing a 55% damage increase for only 5 points spent on edwinschi's assassin. Fatal toxins (other poison cluster near acrobatics) also adds more dps than any of the Flaying, Force Shaper, or Atrophy clusters for less points. It's too bad none of this DPS adds to Vaal Pact in the ES version, but the life version doesn't suffer that problem.
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
It looks like Dirty Techniques (the poison cluster near vitality void) is being severely underrated. PoB is showing a 55% damage increase for only 5 points spent on edwinschi's assassin. Fatal toxins (other poison cluster near acrobatics) also adds more dps than any of the Flaying, Force Shaper, or Atrophy clusters for less points. It's too bad none of this DPS adds to Vaal Pact in the ES version, but the life version doesn't suffer that problem.

I was wondering about Dirty Techniques and Fatal Toxins awhile ago. I didnt knew the Path of Building!

It does look very good, i will spec to this tree: http://poeurl.com/1vJ

Any opinion on Snakebites with vulnerability on hit?

ALSO, I noticed my chance to hit is only 80%
Last edited by oSingularity on Jan 27, 2017, 5:32:54 AM
"
Any opinion on Snakebites with vulnerability on hit?

ALSO, I noticed my chance to hit is only 80%

is the 80% with ice golem?

snakebite may be an option if you're trying to maximize your DoT, instead of balancing that with the initial hit
"
edwinschi wrote:

I was wondering about Dirty Techniques and Fatal Toxins awhile ago. I didnt knew the Path of Building!

It does look very good, i will spec to this tree: http://poeurl.com/1vJ

I did test fatal toxins early in the build process, trying to maximize poison damage. Was not impressed at all. If trying to convert this build into primarily a boss killer, that may be the way to go. But the original goal of this build was a combo of mapper + end game content. Maximizing the poison component slowed down mapping quite a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info