[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

"
Haven't tried anything on this guide yet, not too fluent in the game and it's tree.

I just want to know what your BIS gear would be for end game. How you're holding up currently (and at what content).

I want to know what lowlife would look like in this build and how the tree would go. If you have a CI based build for this. I don't really see 25k as a lot of dmg, however I'm not too sure about the chaos portion. I really love ST. It was the last build I played since 1.3. I pretty much just came back after so long during this league so I want to try ST again.
|

EDIT:

What about stacking bleed, would that be too hard? Is bino's a must? Using voidheart an option or should I aim for a chaos dmg ring..?

1) I played this build up until lvl 95, primarily farming maps. This build is a very fast mapper as you can see from the Gorge video. I have done content up until T15's and uber lab easily. Haven't gotten around to farming bosses. But I suspect this build could easily do T16 maps, Atziri, etc.

2) I have no familiarity with low life, and would not be suited to try to convert this life based to that form. I did attempt a CI version using a shield and Bino's (or a 300pDPS dagger), and was not a fan of the clear speed. Some of that may be because I am also not as familiar with CI and I only gave it 1-2 days. This build could likely be adapted to CI.

3) The gear you see linked could be considered BiS. That is the gear I was using to farm T15 maps and uber lab. The only real upgrades would be better rolls on the rares I was already using, including a higher pDPS dagger. But that gear would shift this build from a ~10 ex build to a 40+ex build.

4) As you may have noticed, this build gets bleed from ascendency. Voidheart will not work because this build is not melee. The chaos damage double dips because it increases the damage of the initial hit and scales poison. Physical damage has the same effect, but scaling bleed damage. So the idea is to maximize chaos and phys dmg to increase the initial hit and scale the dot (poison and bleed).

5) Bino's is not a must. It is your BiS until you have a dagger over 300pDPS. For example, I would recommend 2 Bino's until you get 1 dagger over 300 pDPS. Then swap in that rare dagger for 1 of the Bino's until you get a second rare dagger over 300pDPS. Then test it and see what you prefer.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
Last edited by WayTooFrosty on Jan 24, 2017, 12:03:08 PM
I just respecced to CI at around level 74. I went the budget route for now, buying gear that would have averaged under 5c per piece on Breach SC. I haven't yet gotten all the good ES nodes, as I decided damage was more important to power the life steal, but I still ended up around 10k ES.

It's been an interesting experiment as I've been duoing with my brother who is also playing an ST assassin but is still life based. We've just been farming Dried Lake so far (playing cautious with our first hardcore characters) so it's difficult to tell right now, but on breaches my ES was never below ~75% while his life got below half a few times. I think right now the life-based is going to be more survivable on bosses while CI is more survivable against groups and unexpected burst. But with more passive points and better gear I still have faith in the CI version for everything. I am also still only using a 4L with 2G 2B (crit damage in place of faster attacks) which hinders damage and Vaal Pact.

One problem with the CI version is getting the right colors on everything. I'm resigned to using 3G 2B as my 5L colors (once I get one) which means taking out pierce for crit damage. Not sure how much that will hinder my DPS.

The low life version should be very similar to CI, just swap out the chest for a Shav's and Eye of Chayula for Presence of Chayula, and the tree will be the same except with the two low life nodes. Run Discipline off of life and add an aura to mana. I already have a 6L shavs and presence on Breach SC so I think I will try it out once I die.

Tree a bit after respec for anyone curious (energy from within near melding cluster):

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAM8WAABlAdEDHgceDkgPqxEvEVARlhUgFdcWvxmKGyUfQSL0I9MkiySdJ6kqCyo4KwosvyzhLOk1uUcGSVFJsUuuTipWY1b1W69d8l9qYlpqjGwLbRlvJ3BScFZ1_X3jf8aEb4TFhq6Gs46Kj2CP-pAbkyeVLpcGl9CaE5pqm7WhIqEvokCi2aZ_pyusZq_rsNi1SLk-vorDOsSiyBTQ0NN-1ELXz9h22VvbbtvU3Q3fmOkC62PsGO1B73rviPDV9Pj1b_aj-TcHmUyOWfCEogAAAAAA
Last edited by A_Riot_Coming on Jan 24, 2017, 2:09:33 PM
A few more quick notes:

I would be surprised if bleed is ever a very significant portion of our DPS. ST is all about hitting many times quickly, as we attack quickly and each single attack is hitting multiple times. But we can only ever have a single bleed doing damage on our target, which means only one hit will be in effect at a time, whereas we can stack poison an unlimited number of times. Bleed also ignores our chaos damage while poison scales off both phys and chaos.

Arakaali's seems like a pretty sweet offhand option, especially if you don't want to spend multiple ex. I tried it from level 53 to about 68 and the extra poison chance + good DPS + spiders which do decent damage and tank make it close to as good as Bino's when only using one weapon. When dual wielding you could get some of the best parts from both.
Last edited by A_Riot_Coming on Jan 24, 2017, 2:31:54 PM
Heyy, just quick few questions. You wrote that in town your dps is >25k, but I only have 10k somehow. Can you take a look to my equipment and tell what am I doing wrong? :)

Spoiler
"
Utilittis wrote:
Heyy, just quick few questions. You wrote that in town your dps is >25k, but I only have 10k somehow. Can you take a look to my equipment and tell what am I doing wrong? :)

Spoiler

I lot of dmg comes from accessories which yours seems to be lacking. Check your lvl and your gem levels and those usually contribute to a high portion of damage. You also need the enchantment on helm.
"
WayTooFrosty wrote:
"
Haven't tried anything on this guide yet, not too fluent in the game and it's tree.

I just want to know what your BIS gear would be for end game. How you're holding up currently (and at what content).

I want to know what lowlife would look like in this build and how the tree would go. If you have a CI based build for this. I don't really see 25k as a lot of dmg, however I'm not too sure about the chaos portion. I really love ST. It was the last build I played since 1.3. I pretty much just came back after so long during this league so I want to try ST again.
|

EDIT:

What about stacking bleed, would that be too hard? Is bino's a must? Using voidheart an option or should I aim for a chaos dmg ring..?

1) I played this build up until lvl 95, primarily farming maps. This build is a very fast mapper as you can see from the Gorge video. I have done content up until T15's and uber lab easily. Haven't gotten around to farming bosses. But I suspect this build could easily do T16 maps, Atziri, etc.

2) I have no familiarity with low life, and would not be suited to try to convert this life based to that form. I did attempt a CI version using a shield and Bino's (or a 300pDPS dagger), and was not a fan of the clear speed. Some of that may be because I am also not as familiar with CI and I only gave it 1-2 days. This build could likely be adapted to CI.

3) The gear you see linked could be considered BiS. That is the gear I was using to farm T15 maps and uber lab. The only real upgrades would be better rolls on the rares I was already using, including a higher pDPS dagger. But that gear would shift this build from a ~10 ex build to a 40+ex build.

4) As you may have noticed, this build gets bleed from ascendency. Voidheart will not work because this build is not melee. The chaos damage double dips because it increases the damage of the initial hit and scales poison. Physical damage has the same effect, but scaling bleed damage. So the idea is to maximize chaos and phys dmg to increase the initial hit and scale the dot (poison and bleed).

5) Bino's is not a must. It is your BiS until you have a dagger over 300pDPS. For example, I would recommend 2 Bino's until you get 1 dagger over 300 pDPS. Then swap in that rare dagger for 1 of the Bino's until you get a second rare dagger over 300pDPS. Then test it and see what you prefer.

So, I'd ultimately want a highpdps dag with chaos in it? What about using diamoind rings with chaos essence?
Last edited by oSingularity on Jan 24, 2017, 5:48:25 PM
I want to share my character, lvl 91, Here is my gear:

The dps:

With golem + blood rage

With golem + blood rage + 3 frenzy charge + 4 power charge + atziri promise + sulfur flask + Witchfire brew

All buffs swapping GPM with Slower Projectiles

With this dps i kill all the breachlords very fast, faster than my 300k dps flame totem inquisitor.

I have changed my tree a little, removed all the dual wielding nodes, i think they dont double dip on the poison, and they dont increased the portion of chaos damage.

So with the aditional points i focused on projectile damage and physical damage ( not weapon physical damage). After those changes o got more dps than with the dual wielding nodes.

Here is the tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQHRAx4EsQUtBbUHHg2NES8V7Ra_G60fQSPTI_Yk_SaVLOEuUzB8Nj031EMxRwZHfklRSn1M_02STipRR1S9VUtW9VuvXEBh4mKsZU1qjGwIbIxwUnTtdZ51y3X9eu97FH11feOEb4d2h8uJ04w2jX2Nfo2_joqPYI_6lS6Wi5fQnaqhIqJAotmjiqebrGav67DYsbO0xbTRtUi5PrvjvTa-p8LsxKLIDMgUzZjPFdDQ02_TftQj1ELVudZY2Hbawdtu2-fjn-dU6mLrY-0_7g7vevDV8Yr0-PVv_MX-uv_eB5kQkjIyTI5Z8ISivG_Zhg==

Cheers!
"
"
Utilittis wrote:

Spoiler

I lot of dmg comes from accessories which yours seems to be lacking. Check your lvl and your gem levels and those usually contribute to a high portion of damage. You also need the enchantment on helm.

Thanks! I totally forgot about helm enchant... :D Will try to improve my accessories and get the enchant
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
I just respecced to CI at around level 74. I went the budget route for now, buying gear that would have averaged under 5c per piece on Breach SC. I haven't yet gotten all the good ES nodes, as I decided damage was more important to power the life steal, but I still ended up around 10k ES.

It's been an interesting experiment as I've been duoing with my brother who is also playing an ST assassin but is still life based. We've just been farming Dried Lake so far (playing cautious with our first hardcore characters) so it's difficult to tell right now, but on breaches my ES was never below ~75% while his life got below half a few times. I think right now the life-based is going to be more survivable on bosses while CI is more survivable against groups and unexpected burst. But with more passive points and better gear I still have faith in the CI version for everything. I am also still only using a 4L with 2G 2B (crit damage in place of faster attacks) which hinders damage and Vaal Pact.

One problem with the CI version is getting the right colors on everything. I'm resigned to using 3G 2B as my 5L colors (once I get one) which means taking out pierce for crit damage. Not sure how much that will hinder my DPS.

The low life version should be very similar to CI, just swap out the chest for a Shav's and Eye of Chayula for Presence of Chayula, and the tree will be the same except with the two low life nodes. Run Discipline off of life and add an aura to mana. I already have a 6L shavs and presence on Breach SC so I think I will try it out once I die.

Tree a bit after respec for anyone curious (energy from within near melding cluster):

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAM8WAABlAdEDHgceDkgPqxEvEVARlhUgFdcWvxmKGyUfQSL0I9MkiySdJ6kqCyo4KwosvyzhLOk1uUcGSVFJsUuuTipWY1b1W69d8l9qYlpqjGwLbRlvJ3BScFZ1_X3jf8aEb4TFhq6Gs46Kj2CP-pAbkyeVLpcGl9CaE5pqm7WhIqEvokCi2aZ_pyusZq_rsNi1SLk-vorDOsSiyBTQ0NN-1ELXz9h22VvbbtvU3Q3fmOkC62PsGO1B73rviPDV9Pj1b_aj-TcHmUyOWfCEogAAAAAA

Thanks for the update. I tried a very similar approach to yours, and my guess is with a little tinkering, it will work well. I also tried a crown of eyes + shield (w/50% spell damage and 400 ES) version. I wasn't a huge fan of the crown of eyes approach.

Keep me updated!
"
Utilittis wrote:

Spoiler

I think you're on the right track. But a few things stand out as big upgrades.

- A 6L
- Higher dps offhand dagger (yours is 260 pDPS) you could try using 2 Bino's
- jewelry with flat phys damage, crit chance, crit multiplier, attack speed
- Quality on gems as well
- Not sure, but your jewels may not have 4 mods (atleast 3 damage mods make a big difference)

my guess is all of these are going to contribute to increasing your dps substantially.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info