[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

I just played a CI (and later Low Life) toon to 96 and was able to get a 12k ES pool with no shield, low-ish ES armor, and a dead ring slot. It had crazy life steal with vaal pact and I still died plenty. The thought of attempting end game content with a 6k or even 7k life pool on hardcore just seems crazy to me. With decent gear 15K+ ES should be easily achievable.

Here is my second crack at a CI tree. I added the Vitality Void life steal cluster near duelist because I'm not sure how else to make vaal pact work.

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAN0WAABsD6sRLxa_JIsqOGqMdf2Eb4TFm7Wi2bDYtUjDOsgU1EL1b-tjidNwUioLXfJHBth2uT6sZizhDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRfeN_xpMn74j5N9fPSbErCtDQX2qP-uwYLL8V14auVmO-isrTtAzqug18oS9sCyL0bRnZWxslS67pAhFQNbmnKx1PLR9Ms9Af7-uMNgMeH0EZipcGxKLfmGJaJJ3Tfu965woKm3jr_MUNjVuvTioj028nmmqPYFb1226X0I6Kpn_tQZAbcFaaE9vUhKIHmVnwTI4yMhCSAAAAAAA=

I think low life would be optimal. The more damage multiplier from PA double dips and running discipline from life frees up more aura options.
You have Pierce Support listed in 5L and 6L; Spectral Throw has Automatic Piercing;

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spectral_Throw

"
Automatic Piercing: Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce enemies. This means that Pierce Support inventory Pierce Support, Chain Support inventory Chain Support, and Fork Support inventory Fork Support have no effect (details). Projectiles cannot pass through terrain obstacles; they will turn back if they were traveling outbound and disappear if they were traveling inbound.
"
argenex wrote:
You have Pierce Support listed in 5L and 6L; Spectral Throw has Automatic Piercing;

"
Automatic Piercing: Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce enemies. This means that Pierce Support inventory Pierce Support, Chain Support inventory Chain Support, and Fork Support inventory Fork Support have no effect (details). Projectiles cannot pass through terrain obstacles; they will turn back if they were traveling outbound and disappear if they were traveling inbound.

The pierce gem is used only for its 19% more Projectile Damage and 10% from 20% quality totalizing 29% projectile damage , wich will works on the physical damage , chaos damage , and then on the poison.

The only gem better for damage is slower projectile but it will remove all your range(on some bosses i change my GMP with slower projectile for a huge damage boost).
"
edwinschi wrote:
"
argenex wrote:

"

The pierce gem is used only for its 19% more Projectile Damage and 10% from 20% quality totalizing 29% projectile damage , wich will works on the physical damage , chaos damage , and then on the poison.

The only gem better for damage is slower projectile but it will remove all your range(on some bosses i change my GMP with slower projectile for a huge damage boost).

Correct
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
I just played a CI (and later Low Life) toon to 96 and was able to get a 12k ES pool with no shield, low-ish ES armor, and a dead ring slot. It had crazy life steal with vaal pact and I still died plenty. The thought of attempting end game content with a 6k or even 7k life pool on hardcore just seems crazy to me. With decent gear 15K+ ES should be easily achievable.

Here is my second crack at a CI tree. I added the Vitality Void life steal cluster near duelist because I'm not sure how else to make vaal pact work.

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAN0WAABsD6sRLxa_JIsqOGqMdf2Eb4TFm7Wi2bDYtUjDOsgU1EL1b-tjidNwUioLXfJHBth2uT6sZizhDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRfeN_xpMn74j5N9fPSbErCtDQX2qP-uwYLL8V14auVmO-isrTtAzqug18oS9sCyL0bRnZWxslS67pAhFQNbmnKx1PLR9Ms9Af7-uMNgMeH0EZipcGxKLfmGJaJJ3Tfu965woKm3jr_MUNjVuvTioj028nmmqPYFb1226X0I6Kpn_tQZAbcFaaE9vUhKIHmVnwTI4yMhCSAAAAAAA=

I think low life would be optimal. The more damage multiplier from PA double dips and running discipline from life frees up more aura options.

Many life based builds are successful "end game" (depending how you define that). Life based builds are usually limited to the 6-7k range. However, the life pool is only part of the survivability component here. Part of your issue with the 12k ES and no shield, is the no shield..

By dropping a shield, of course you're adding more damage. But you're also losing ~30% block chance, which is huge when added to other forms of mitigation (life pool, curses (temp chains, enfeeble), EVA/armour, arctic armour, defensive flasks). To make builds work endgame HC or even leveling SC to 100, you need many layers of mitigation, not just a big life/ES pool.

But at this point in PoE, ES appears to be substantially stronger (and more expensive) endgame than life-based builds. Assuming keeping other forms of mitigation as well. My guess is this build can be modified, and likely improved as ES.
Looking back, my last post wasn't very well written, and I don't think I got across the message I was going for.

I only mentioned not having a shield in the last build I played (along with a 440 ES chest and a dead ring slot) to emphasize how easy it would be to get much higher than 12k ES with this build, which can use a 400+ ES shield and a 700+ ES chest (which can be bought for 5-10 chaos each on BSC). I don't want to get bogged down talking about a CwC blight/vortex Occultist in a thread about ST Assassins, but survivabilty was not remotely an issue with that build. I could face tank Minotaur in a map with 3 stacked damage mods making no attempt to dodge, and cleared all content. I only mentioned my deaths in an attempt to highlight how important it is to over-build defenses in this game, especially when attempting Hardcore (which I am new to). I realize that is a very obvious point. I think we are in agreement that ES is currently the best way to do that.

I also think there is a bit of a misconception about how expensive ES gear is. Sure, the top end stuff can get pretty ridiculous. But especially on a build that doesn't require any special uniques (outside of perhaps a one handed weapon), it isn't that difficult to build high ES with capped resists on a 1-2 ex budget. There is a lot of value in the 5-10 chaos range in gear. For example a 400+ ES helm with two good resist rolls costs 8+ ex, but a 350 ES helm with no resists costs 5 chaos. We have two ring slots and a belt to cap resists.
Thanks for the response, I was hoping it was something like that for the Pierce Support.

I'm currently playing this build and leveling, should I be focusing on armor for survival as I level? Seems like I should be; I had mixed armor since this is my first toon this league and was getting whapped a lot painfully. I switched to Tab (found one already) and 4 linked (mana issues) Spec Throw so I'm lacking chest armor.

Thanks a lot for this build; I have had a bad habit of always sticking to cyclone marauder because I know it by heart and I am happy to finally play something different.
"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
Looking back, my last post wasn't very well written, and I don't think I got across the message I was going for.

I only mentioned my deaths in an attempt to highlight how important it is to over-build defenses in this game, especially when attempting Hardcore (which I am new to). I realize that is a very obvious point. I think we are in agreement that ES is currently the best way to do that.

I also think there is a bit of a misconception about how expensive ES gear is.

I pretty much agree with everything here.

I think adding multiple tiers of defensive mechanics is difficult for some people, especially those that are newer. The most obvious point to start is life/ES, but that's not sufficient when entering late game content as you mentioned. It can be a challenge to see how some mechanics can synergize to add survivability. In addition, this can be a place where builds become expensive because the utility of some flasks (that can be quite expensive) may be overlooked by newer players.

I think the basic ES items (at least mid range gear) is in the ballpark of price of life based gear. However, some accessory items can be quite a bit more expensive. But the take away is you can make successful ES based characters without completely breaking the bank.
"
argenex wrote:
Thanks for the response, I was hoping it was something like that for the Pierce Support.

I'm currently playing this build and leveling, should I be focusing on armor for survival as I level? Seems like I should be; I had mixed armor since this is my first toon this league and was getting whapped a lot painfully. I switched to Tab (found one already) and 4 linked (mana issues) Spec Throw so I'm lacking chest armor.

Thanks a lot for this build; I have had a bad habit of always sticking to cyclone marauder because I know it by heart and I am happy to finally play something different.

If you want to put your own spin on the build and stack armour, that may be a viable option. I didn't go that route with EVA/armour because to be effective, you need quite alot of either (or both). I chose other forms of mitigation, that become particularly important in later game content.

I believe I described how to help manage mana issues (the leveling guide takes you down to mana leech nodes early in the build, and you can get +mana on hit jewels, or elreon jewelry).

Survivability during leveling is quite a bit easier to manage than late game. Focus on increasing damage (damage is a form of defense), resistances, and lastly life/ES. You can use a shield if need be, arctic armour, jade flasks etc which may also help.
Haven't tried anything on this guide yet, not too fluent in the game and it's tree.

I just want to know what your BIS gear would be for end game. How you're holding up currently (and at what content).

I want to know what lowlife would look like in this build and how the tree would go. If you have a CI based build for this. I don't really see 25k as a lot of dmg, however I'm not too sure about the chaos portion. I really love ST. It was the last build I played since 1.3. I pretty much just came back after so long during this league so I want to try ST again.
|

EDIT:

What about stacking bleed, would that be too hard? Is bino's a must? Using voidheart an option or should I aim for a chaos dmg ring..?
Last edited by oSingularity on Jan 24, 2017, 11:18:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info