CI Raider Howa Uber/Shaper/Anything Destroyed

"
MFJones wrote:
"
Indraugnir wrote:
@MFJones, mate i see some people copying your skill tree. Im new to this build, finished building today and i'd like to give it a go. Whats the difference between your skill tree and this guide ?
Also, did you change you Ascendancies ?

OP's build doesn't travel all the way to unwavering stance for stun immunity. Personally I think it's worth spending the 7-8 points just for unwavering to be completely stun immune, the build feels much smoother and much safer with unwavering. You can try it without unwavering first if you'd like to see how it feels to you.

I think my tree also takes an extra accuracy cluster need ranger tree to allow me to hit 84% chance to hit. You may not need to do this if you get enough accuracy on your gear.

Raider is the best ascendancy for this I believe. The elemental status immunity is very key and allows us to run 3 unique flasks. The other two flasks should be bleed immunity ones.

Thank you for your informative answer. I will try the guide skill tree first as i was unware there was a different one to consider (yours) and will change should the need arises. As for Ascendancies i followed OP's, hope yours are the same.
I also noticed some of your gems are different then the OP's
Just hit level 94 yesterday and did Shaper for the first time with 2 portals left.
This build is pretty amazing, my gear is far away from MFJonas.
Had about 8,4k ES and 8,3k BFdamage in hideout with wrath and discipline up.
The tree was pretty similar to OPs one but i want to try MFJones one out.
So my question is which three points in the tree would you sacrifice if i want to try yours?
"
Indraugnir wrote:

Thank you for your informative answer. I will try the guide skill tree first as i was unware there was a different one to consider (yours) and will change should the need arises. As for Ascendancies i followed OP's, hope yours are the same.

Yeah give it a try, no harm in switching and changing it up later. Won't cost you too many regrets.

The blade flurry gem links should be the same though, but I could be wrong or maybe OP's gear is not up to date because he is playing another build/character.

Blade flurry -> Weapon Elemental Damage -> Elemental Focus -> Lightning Penetration -> Inc AoE -> Faster Attacks

You can try Added Lightning instead of faster attacks if you have a lot of attack speed on jewels and gear. But personally I think faster attacks is a bit better. If your gear/jewels can bring you up to 7+ attacks per second with frenzy charges then added lightning probably takes the upper hand.

You can switch out Aoe for conc effect for tough bosses but based on my experience it's not really needed and it really reduces the QoL feel of blade flurry with a much smaller area of effect.

Ascendancy should be exactly the same, no reason to change anything there: Avatar of the Veil and Avatar of the Slaughter.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Jan 17, 2017, 1:45:03 PM
"
wakac wrote:
Just hit level 94 yesterday and did Shaper for the first time with 2 portals left.
So my question is which three points in the tree would you sacrifice if i want to try yours?

Yeah my level of gear is definitely not needed to be able to trivialise shaper and guardians. And that is what makes a build great. If it can do end-game with relatively affordable gear but also scales greatly with GG upgrades later on.

If you want to try out my variation with unwavering stance, you'll need to spec out of Finesse and the Heart of oak cluster since you won't be needing the stun avoidance. You may or may not keep the Ballistic Mastery, up to you. I only spec'd into Ballistic mastery at level 97 because it was the best option for me to spend the point on, solely due to the +20 dex which turns into +20 int because of Fertile Mind.
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
"
wakac wrote:

Yeah my level of gear is definitely not needed to be able to trivialise shaper and guardians. And that is what makes a build great. If it can do end-game with relatively affordable gear but also scales greatly with GG upgrades later on.

If you want to try out my variation with unwavering stance, you'll need to spec out of Finesse and the Heart of oak cluster since you won't be needing the stun avoidance. You may or may not keep the Ballistic Mastery, up to you. I only spec'd into Ballistic mastery at level 97 because it was the best option for me to spend the point on, solely due to the +20 dex which turns into +20 int because of Fertile Mind.

Thanks for the fast answer!
I think i'll sacrifice the three points for Depth Perception cause keeping up Elemental Overload shouldnt be a big problem and keeping the 20int from Ballistic Mastery equals it at the end.
"
MFJones wrote:

OP's build doesn't travel all the way to unwavering stance for stun immunity. Personally I think it's worth spending the 7-8 points just for unwavering to be completely stun immune, the build feels much smoother and much safer with unwavering. You can try it without unwavering first if you'd like to see how it feels to you.

I very much agree with this statement and am happy to see somebody else has done this. I just got my character to 70 yesterday and made the switch to CI. I came up with a tree that's not quite as efficient as yours in the starting area (so I'll be stealing yours, thank you!), but it did travel out to grab Unwavering Stance and I am very pleased with the results.

Getting stunned in this game feels awful and I'm going to primarily use this character as a boss killer, so I didn't want to have to rely on the boot enchant or a flask for stun immunity. I also didn't like the thought of using Koam's Roots.

Unwavering Stance on the tree really isn't that far away, and you can pick-up a +30 INT on the way. Plus you can use a Brute Force Solution in that jewel socket down there too and convert some of the strength nodes to intelligence.
"
MFJones wrote:
"
Indraugnir wrote:

Yeah give it a try, no harm in switching and changing it up later. Won't cost you too many regrets.

The blade flurry gem links should be the same though, but I could be wrong or maybe OP's gear is not up to date because he is playing another build/character.

Blade flurry -> Weapon Elemental Damage -> Elemental Focus -> Lightning Penetration -> Inc AoE -> Faster Attacks

You can try Added Lightning instead of faster attacks if you have a lot of attack speed on jewels and gear. But personally I think faster attacks is a bit better. If your gear/jewels can bring you up to 7+ attacks per second with frenzy charges then added lightning probably takes the upper hand.

You can switch out Aoe for conc effect for tough bosses but based on my experience it's not really needed and it really reduces the QoL feel of blade flurry with a much smaller area of effect.

Ascendancy should be exactly the same, no reason to change anything there: Avatar of the Veil and Avatar of the Slaughter.

Im having some serious problem at the moment to roll RRRB sorc boots. I spent 50c now (over 600 chromatics) and still no luck. I dont think im gonna nail it.
What can i do ? :(
"
Indraugnir wrote:

Im having some serious problem at the moment to roll RRRB sorc boots. I spent 50c now (over 600 chromatics) and still no luck. I dont think im gonna nail it.

Are you spamming chromatics or using vorici?

https://i.imgur.com/ksh7Uxx.png

I mean you could just be getting REALLY unlucky but getting 3R1B on sorc boots has always only taken me 1 or 2 tries with Vorici 3R craft
MFJonesHC
"
MFJones wrote:
"
Indraugnir wrote:

Are you spamming chromatics or using vorici?

https://i.imgur.com/ksh7Uxx.png

I mean you could just be getting REALLY unlucky but getting 3R1B on sorc boots has always only taken me 1 or 2 tries with Vorici 3R craft

neh man i spam the shit out of chromatic. teach me wise master how to do it right

edit: now i understand... i didnt know i can craft via vorichi colours ;s
problem is, my vorichi is lvl 5, and i need him at 7 to do at least 3r :(
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 17, 2017, 5:41:31 PM
"
Indraugnir wrote:
wise master how to do it right

edit: now i understand... i didnt know i can craft via vorichi colours ;s
problem is, my vorichi is lvl 5, and i need him at 7 to do at least 3r :(

Yeah it's very difficult to get 3 off colors, if you have a friend you can trust to help you do it with vorici 7 it should be a lot easier than spamming them. Although it's not unheard of to get 3 off on a 4 socket item.
MFJonesHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info