[2.5] Elemental Monstrosity - Decimate all content on a budget

"
totikpo44 wrote:
First of all, I'm leveling up this guide and its really fun, thanks for the guide.

I have one question, whats the way of activating instruments of virtue? What spell do you cast¿?

Orb of Storms with PCoC would be the spell of choice. With my current gear I haven't found the need to even bother dropping the orb of storms for general map clear T14/15s. Everything kind of blows up so it doesn't seem efficient for the moment. Was considering just dropping it for CoH HoI assassin's mark for maps. Against bosses it definitely is really useful.

As an aside, the Choir of the Storms does seem BIS for damage if you gear it right. From memory it gives me a flat 16% increase in crit alone (39% without up to 56% with).

Two questions though:

- It seems really hard to get stun immunity efficiently without Skyforths though. I'm currently relying on Kiara's for stun immunity which is sketchy at best. Will probably have to either go Chayula or Valyrium for Uber/Shaper. If you drop a ring for Valyrium, you lose a lot trying to cap your cold back up which also removes a lot of potential lightning res/accuracy/int. A Chayula would obviously replace the Choir and add no valuable stats other than the +16 all stats. Which is the better option?

- I also dropped the CoTB for a rare ring with decent stats. Seems enough to proc HoI for mapping. I don't suppose there's any use for the CoTB against Uber Atziri/Shaper?

Gear below:

Spoiler
IGN:CritCityCritCity
Last edited by vuongster on Dec 19, 2016, 6:41:08 PM
"
totikpo44 wrote:
First of all, I'm leveling up this guide and its really fun, thanks for the guide.

I have one question, whats the way of activating instruments of virtue? What spell do you cast¿?

Orb of storms.
My IGN: Casual_Noob
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1780618 Craft/Boss Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791405 Mirror Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1792763 Ele Blade Flurry Guide
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
vBlitzO wrote:
Do you think this is a viable build to take into the league as a first build?

And any recommendations for leveling?

This is a very viable build to take into a league as a first character. Not only can it be easily played on a budget, but it has a lot of power on a budget as well.

My recommendations for leveling would be grab some hp nodes, level as freezepulse/firestorm until 22 and you will be on your way after that to a smooth ride to 68.
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
vuongster wrote:
"
totikpo44 wrote:

Orb of Storms with PCoC would be the spell of choice. With my current gear I haven't found the need to even bother dropping the orb of storms for general map clear T14/15s. Everything kind of blows up so it doesn't seem efficient for the moment. Was considering just dropping it for CoH HoI assassin's mark for maps. Against bosses it definitely is really useful.

As an aside, the Choir of the Storms does seem BIS for damage if you gear it right. From memory it gives me a flat 16% increase in crit alone (39% without up to 56% with).

Two questions though:

- It seems really hard to get stun immunity efficiently without Skyforths though. I'm currently relying on Kiara's for stun immunity which is sketchy at best. Will probably have to either go Chayula or Valyrium for Uber/Shaper. If you drop a ring for Valyrium, you lose a lot trying to cap your cold back up which also removes a lot of potential lightning res/accuracy/int. A Chayula would obviously replace the Choir and add no valuable stats other than the +16 all stats. Which is the better option?

- I also dropped the CoTB for a rare ring with decent stats. Seems enough to proc HoI for mapping. I don't suppose there's any use for the CoTB against Uber Atziri/Shaper?

Gear below:

Spoiler

You brought up some great questions and I think now is a great time to really get into detail about stun and call of the brotherhood since it is often brought up.

When we consider stun immunity, we need it to be something that is reliable at all times, and as you said a flask is not always reliable. I personally like using Valyrium and rare boots with Choir as my "budget" option of getting stun immunity and the crit/damage from Choir. So this solves our stun immunity problem. This set up just takes more resists compared to a Chayulas set up since we get the -cold and -lightning from the ring/amulet. So this would be a step up from a very budget character but absolutely doable by dropping some accuracy in gloves/helm.

I do not agree with dropping Call of the Brotherhood under any condition for this build. Reason I think that it isn't the best option to do is for a couple reasons. First, we need to use Herald of Lightning over Herald of Ice. Herald of Lightning brings more damage to your Blade Flurry. Now why does that matter for Call of the Brotherhood? It is due to the lightning to cold effect that happens which further scales our damage by giving our cold damage a higher max hit (cold damage usually has the lowest max hit out of all the three elements in terms of items/heralds) So this becomes a very strong and guaranteed way to freeze/chill bosses which provides a heavy form of mitigation/avoidance.

Hopefully that makes sense but overall you gain a much larger scale from using Cotb and Herald of Lightning over a rare ring and HoI.
Contact me @Casual_Noob
Thanks for the in-depth response.

Looks like with my current gear i'll be able to cap resistances even with the CoTB and Valyrium. For general mapping I'll use a rare ring in place of the Valyrium and Kiara's. I'll change out to a Valyrium for bosses though. Lose about 10% crit chance doing so though.

What's your crit chance without power charges?
Think I can use this framework for Wild Strike? I would obviously need to change links but would everything else work okay?
"
vuongster wrote:

Looks like with my current gear i'll be able to cap resistances even with the CoTB and Valyrium. For general mapping I'll use a rare ring in place of the Valyrium and Kiara's. I'll change out to a Valyrium for bosses though. Lose about 10% crit chance doing so though.

Sitting at 72%
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
Tho76 wrote:
Think I can use this framework for Wild Strike? I would obviously need to change links but would everything else work okay?

Yeah it should work besides aoe nodes (never played wild strike have 0 idea how the gem scales) but other than that it should work fine!
Contact me @Casual_Noob
"
Wooxy117 wrote:
"
vuongster wrote:

Sitting at 72%

Jesus, 72%? Surely that's with power charges?

Also, how does it feel with the <85% accuracy? Considering dropping accuracy on one of my pieces.
Last edited by vuongster on Dec 20, 2016, 12:15:21 AM
"
vuongster wrote:
"
Wooxy117 wrote:
"
vuongster wrote:

Sitting at 72%

Jesus, 72%? Surely that's with power charges?

Also, how does it feel with the <85% accuracy? Considering dropping accuracy on one of my pieces.

Nope that is without power charges. Below 85% accuracy hurts a lot and you will notice it mostly during the fights where your dps matters (guardians, shaper, uber atziri)
Contact me @Casual_Noob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info