[2.5] Elemental Monstrosity - Decimate all content on a budget

Elemental Monstrosity
Finally a claw build that feels rewarding to play. This build is not only strong offensively, but very strong defensively as well. I have cleared all content with this build on a budget by day 4 of Breach League and after talking with some of the others who play a similar build and those who are interested, I decided I would make a guide. Big thanks to Flubby for all of the theorycrafting he has done regarding this build and many ways to approach different difficult situations.

Videos
Xoph Deathless (Courtesy of FreddyRamsone)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChGw4dcqdg&

★Current stats
★Strengths
★Weaknesses
★Current Gear
★Gear Break-Down
★Bandits
★Passive Trees
★Jewels
★Leveling Process
★Questions & Answers

Current stats
Spoiler

Strengths
- Can do all content (Deathless Turbo Guardians/Shaper/Uber Atziri easily)
- Extremely tanky
- Very high leech
- Budget version works very well
- Spending currency on this build actually makes it leaps and bounds above budget version

Weaknesses
- Elemental Reflect - Without care or if you are in a party, you can very easily destroy yourself in a split second
- Heavy Cold damage maps

Current Gear
Spoiler

Gear Break-Down
Spoiler
So I mentioned a budget version, this clearly does not include skyforth. However, there is a cost to not using skyforth and that is we have to drop our Choir of the Storm amulet for Eye of Chayula and use rare boots (Movespeed is absolutely not needed)

Helmet
Spoiler
ES with Accuracy/resists (int if possible)

Amulet
Spoiler
Eye of Chayula if budget, Choir of Storms if using Skyforth

Rings
Spoiler
Call of the Brotherhood is necessary, your other ring can either be a good rare with resists (wep ele+int are great) or you can use
to be safe in reflect situations like in parties.

Belt
Spoiler
Basically all resist belt with wep ele

Gloves
Spoiler
Accuracy, int/str if possible

Weapons
Spoiler

Boots
Spoiler
Can either use a good all resist rare, Rainbow strides or Skyforth

Bandits
Kill - Attack Speed - Power Charge

Passive Trees
Spoiler

Inquisitor CI

Ascendant CI Party Carry [HC Viable]

Trickster CI [HC Viable]

Assassin Es/Life Hybrid

Jewels
Spoiler

Leveling Process
Spoiler

★Level 1-12: Level as either Fireball, Spark or Freezing Pulse
★Level 12-22: Level as Firestorm
★Level 22-68: Put on your
and use Reave until level 28. Pick up Bladeflurry at 28 from General Gravicius.
★Level 68+: You can go CI around this point safely

Questions & Answers
Spoiler

Q: How do you maintain powercharges without skyforth?
A: Use Orb of Storms with Power charge on crit, Increased Crit Chance to generate/

Q: "I highly dislike the blade flurry meta, can you suggest an alternative skill which could be useful here? i like the general concept."
A: Reave, Spectral throw, Cyclone, Ancestral Warchief, ect. ect.

Q:You have really high end gear and still "only" 9k ES (only 156% ES from inquisitor): how to survive when having not ultra high end gear like you?
A:Anything above 7k ES is fairly luxury. You have so much leech and speed to dodge mechanics that you really do not have to worry about much.

Q:In which gear state can I do Uber Atziri/Shaper with?
A:I personally downed Uber Atziri, Guardians and Shaper with a 5L 600es chest, really budget es items and no skyforths just to see how viable it is. I had 6.5k es and it was still fairly easy to do.

Q:I see you use purity of the elements... Is this needed?
A:Flubby and I have tried to work around not having to use purity, but the gearing requirements are just too high and either way I would use purity of lightning (assuming you use choir amulet). The build has enough dps to do any content without herald/wrath stacking and enough leech to not blasphemy warlord's mark so don't strain yourself to have insane gear just to cap resists and lose all your int/accuracy, just run purity and play it safe.

My IGN: Casual_Noob
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1780618 Craft/Boss Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791405 Mirror Thread Vouch and info
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1792763 Ele Blade Flurry Guide
Contact me @Casual_Noob
Last edited by Wooxy117 on Dec 18, 2016, 5:37:01 AM
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 9:40:09 PM
Leveling Trees and Ascendancy
★ GET THE HP NODES YOU NEED TO SURVIVE WITH, I GO FULL DPS AND DO NOT GRAB DEFENSIVE NODES EARLY ON. DON'T BLAME ME PLEASE ♥★

Inquisitor Leveling Focus
Spoiler

www.poeurl.com/V5A (Head to Duelist Leech asap)
www.poeurl.com/V5B (After, go to Shadow area to prepare for ci swap)

Ascendancy - Instruments of Virtue > Righteous Providence > Inevitable Judgement > Augury of Penitence

Ascendant Leveling Focus
Spoiler

www.poeurl.com/V5E (Head to Duelist Leech asap, then head to shadow and fill templar area after this, followed by witch area last)

Ascendancy - Berserker > Raider > 40 Int node > 20 Str/20 Int node

Trickster Leveling Focus
Spoiler

www.poeurl.com/V5H (Head to Duelist Leech asap, fill templar area after this, followed by witch area last)

Ascendancy - Walk the Aether > Ghost Dance > Shade Form > Weave the Arcane

Trickster Leveling Focus
Spoiler

www.poeurl.com/V5K (Head to Duelist Leech asap, fill templar area after this, followed by witch area last)

Ascendancy - Unstable Infusion > Deadly Infusion > Ambush > Assassinate
Contact me @Casual_Noob
Last edited by Wooxy117 on Dec 16, 2016, 11:08:56 AM
Would it be at all possible to add some leveling trees, before respecing to ci?
Will be updating the guide with more specific information and low level trees
Contact me @Casual_Noob
<3 Wooxy, stumbled on this debating on a second build while I farm for Disfavor. So this is what you've been smashing with...
hey bud
thx for the build
1) i highly dislike the blade flurry meta, can you suggest an alternative skill which could be useful here? i like the general concept.

2) got a skyforth sitting in my stash ready for use! and you have really high end gear, and still "only" 9k ES (only 156% ES from inquisitor): how to survive when having not ultra high end gear like you? in which state did you do uber atziri for example?

Last edited by airparisderjesus on Dec 13, 2016, 8:53:30 PM
"
hey bud
thx for the build
1) i highly dislike the blade flurry meta, can you suggest an alternative skill which could be useful here? i like the general concept.

2) got a skyforth sitting in my stash ready for use! and you have really high end gear, and still "only" 9k ES (only 156% ES from inquisitor): how to survive when having not ultra high end gear like you? in which state did you do uber atziri for example?

blade flurry is BiS for ele attack builds because of the very high attack speed. You can use reave but you lose one gem slot on multristrike.
Builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813247
Challenge boss kill services : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814668
Very interested in this build! i look forward to trying it out. Hopefully someone posts a video.
Not seeing how you generate your power charges. Are the links not correct? some of the choices make me think they aren't. Also if you have your res capped, what would you recommend over the purity of elements? Perhaps a blasphemy?
"
kayklown wrote:
Not seeing how you generate your power charges. Are the links not correct? some of the choices make me think they aren't. Also if you have your res capped, what would you recommend over the purity of elements? Perhaps a blasphemy?

Look at his boots. I'm guessing you don't know what Skyforth's are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info