3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

"
dinggnid wrote:
"
morganwoop wrote:
Wouldnt it be better to go cold spectral throw ? There are more nodes for it than lightning and u dont need to go away from your node path at all.

Where would be the main source of your cold damage though? Hatred aura scale of physical damage and added cold damage support gem is not too great.

The main idea here is to stack *only* lightning damage so we can also take advantage of stacking lightning resist penetration.

I made a post just above the one you replied to with potential changes.

You say Added Cold damage isn't good, but then ask where our main source of Lightning Damage is from.

But both Added Cold and Ice Bite provide significantly more damage than wrath.

Just comes down to penetration vs way more damage. Lightning pen is probably better since the build crushes non rares/bosses regardless, but it's worth looking at the other variant.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Aug 15, 2017, 9:04:27 PM
"
koticgood wrote:

You say Added Cold damage isn't good, but then ask where our main source of Lightning Damage is from.

Just comes down to penetration vs way more damage. Lightning pen is probably better since the build crushes non rares/bosses regardless, but it's worth looking at the other variant.

I haven't read your whole discussion, but just from this post, I don't understand why you would compare Added cold and Ice bite to Wrath. Wrath is just an addition to the support gems in the lightning setup, where as the cold version wouldn't have a good dmg aura imo. Also don't forget that wrath is level 26 in this build, not just 20 or 21.
You would crit a lot less to, replacing crit strike chance and assassin's mark. The lightning version will also apply way stronger shocks. And you'd lose quite a bit of life without belly.
All that being said, I'd be pretty easy to compare the 2 setups in PoB, and I'd be interested to see that!
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
Last edited by niuage on Aug 16, 2017, 10:42:46 AM
Gyus do you have any idea why my DPS / AS are rly low, in ho it is around ~7.5 with 6l belly? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reedgf/characters
"
niuage wrote:
"
koticgood wrote:

I haven't read your whole discussion, but just from this post, I don't understand why you would compare Added cold and Ice bite to Wrath. Wrath is just an addition to the support gems in the lightning setup, where as the cold version wouldn't have a good dmg aura imo. Also don't forget that wrath is level 26 in this build, not just 20 or 21.
You would crit a lot less to, replacing crit strike chance and assassin's mark. The lightning version will also apply way stronger shocks. And you'd lose quite a bit of life without belly.
All that being said, I'd be pretty easy to compare the 2 setups in PoB, and I'd be interested to see that!

Yeah I guess once you have access to a +3 empower and lvl 21 wrath, it's probably straight up better.

But the only difference in what I brought up is just the gems. If you look at the gear and skill tree of the "lightning" build, there's nothing specifically lightning about it. Just wrath/HoT, which you'd still use when going Added Cold/Ice Bite.

All of the scaling from the build comes from Elemental damage and crit. The only lightning scaling is from Lightning Pen.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Hi there. First of all, forgive me about "stupid question", but I've never played a build using elemental weapon. As far as I can see you focus mainly on lightning damage on your sword, but my question is - should I focus on gettin as much ele dps on sword as I can, or just focus on pure lightning damage (+ another good sword rolls: as, crit etc.) and ignore fire/cold completly? In the other words: fire/cold damage rolls on sword are ok, but not mandatory?
I'd advise you to read the full OP if you're going to play this build :)

"
Weapon: Pretty straight forward, go for mostly high base crit and high attack speed, and then as much elemental damage and crit multi as you can afford. Priority is definitely super high attack speed and crit.

Focus first on attack speed and crit, then as much lightning as possible, then crit multi. The other 2 elements are just such a tiny fraction of your overall damage.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
"
niuage wrote:
I'd advise you to read the full OP if you're going to play this build :)

I did, but:

"
The other 2 elements are just such a tiny fraction of your overall damage.

That added sentence just perfectly answered my question, thanks ;]
Anyone solve the mana issues at lower levels?
small update on my gear progression, sitting at ~40k HO dps

did all guardians corrupted and shaper / beachlords
Hi, if i want to enchance this weapon + cold damage or ele dmg the better one?
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info