3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

"
paramethius wrote:
I started this build in 2.5 and it was some of the most fun I've had since dual curse lightning warp & crit ice nova in 2.1. Now it looks like ele st is getting the attention is deserves in 2.6

As coaa said, it appears that it will bypass a lot of the major changes. So with that said netmos, I was wondering if you are planning on updating it for 3.0? I would really like to play this build again, but with all the changes coming I'm not sure what will happen to this build.

I, too am expecting the build to be very strong in 3.0, i will most likely update the guide for 3.0 but i cant make promises because i might be busy IRL. If i have time i will update it for sure.

"
Has anyone run the POB code to see the builds actual DPS? Just reading a few comments about almost perfect gear netting around 45-50k doesn't sound impressive at all. But that's the kicker with "tooltip dps" as it's quite obviously WAY higher if the build can do shaper, seems he has a "dps" check and this build has proven to down him.

Well the 50k people reach is unbuffed with gmp. With slower proj swapped in and charges up (we get a lot of charges) and flasks etc we get a tooltip of like 300k or so if i remember correctly. Add to that the fact that it hits 4 times and you have 1,2 million. On top of that you often get shock, something like 20-30% more from point blank, diamond flask, etc etc. I think 2-3 million dps vs bosses is a realistic estimation.
Chose this build for the Turmoil SC Race/League.
Somewhere around 300 place at the moment with the full-time job.

Last builds I have played: KotF and EK Nova, and this one feels very smooth compared to both -- you can dodge pretty much everything, damage avoidance is capped with vaal grace for melee and ranged attacks, around 60 spell avoidance.

I am yet to find remaining 2 uber trials, 6L my armor (already took a lot of fusings with no luck), and make gems 20/20. Hoping to get Attacks Vessel too. BUT even right now build feels very fun and, allow me to repeat myself, very smooth. Everything you can't facetank you can just kite infinetly.
One con though: you will probably have a bit of mana problems -- you need enlighten on wrath to run both heralds and wrath, and even then one wrong click and you are out of mana. Will probably just give up one herald for convenience.

Thanks for the great time I am having with this build, netmos.

here's the gear, if anyone's interested

IGN: KingPurson
Last edited by Svolk on Jul 18, 2017, 9:37:41 AM
How much dps/crit chance/crit multi (hideout, non-buffed) should I aim for before trying guardians/shaper? Really loving this build, and let's hope it stays as good in 3.0 :)
Is this still viable in 3.0?
"
makziu wrote:
Is this still viable in 3.0?

3.0 isn't out, but it looks like it'll be more than fine.
good
If anything, you'll have more life. I think elemental attack builds are going to be extremely popular in the new meta if they dont fix the DOT damage, so maybe that's a small downside for the prices but nothign crazy.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
I saw in the "leveling" part you mention using Lightning Arrow and then switch to ST. I'm still new to the game, could you tell me what's your LA setup and what other skills you use (aura, curse/spells, etc.)?

Also, LA is a quest reward for killing Merveil, what skills do you use before that?

Thank you in advance.
Hi
I know, Deadeye is worse than Raider, but I am wondering if Powerful Precision in 3.0 will work with Spectral Throw:

Attack Projectiles Return to You after hitting targets
Projectiles Pierce all nearby Targets
Projectiles have 100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Targets they Pierce

The first two properties are useless of course, but "Projectiles have 100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Targets they Pierce" should work since Spectral Throw always pierces? I.e. it will give ST a 100% increased critical strike chance?
Are you gonna update this guide now that the patch notes are available ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info