[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
M4kk3 wrote:
I respeced out of the Area nodes in Templar and took Catalyse in Templar instead for a bit more WED, since it scales a bit better thanks to build setup. I lose the bonus to area, but the single-target damage definitely went up.

"
PangGblast wrote:
Can you help a noob?When I level blood magic I get life reserved.Why is that?On your videos your life bar is normal not with life reserved.Thanks in advance.

Because you have Auras or Curses on which reserve Life instead of Mana thanks to Blood Magic.

Thanks a lot man.The noob learned something new.
How does this build raider do compared to berserker or chieftain? I don't really play many ranger builds so I am not that familiar with the right side of the tree. Planning to play this build, so was wondering what are the key differences. Thanks in advance.
i have enough for a xophs blood or a 5l daressos, which one should i get first :s
"
rnshah5 wrote:
i have enough for a xophs blood or a 5l daressos, which one should i get first :s

If you have blood magic and if you cant cast auras now, get xoph.

If you dont have blood magic get 5L.

Actually you can get both, thats not hard. Amulet is nearly 50 c if you are not looking best rolls. And daresso with 5l, you can get for 20c. Get the jeweller's touch prophecy for 17 18c. And a good rolled daresso for 3-5 c without links or sockets. And make 5L.

"
lordfiend wrote:
How does this build raider do compared to berserker or chieftain? I don't really play many ranger builds so I am not that familiar with the right side of the tree. Planning to play this build, so was wondering what are the key differences. Thanks in advance.

Berserker with vaal pact and if you have 6k 6.5k life pool you ll be super tanky. But if you want good dps, good movement speed which is so important for cyclone, get raider it is too fun with raider. Youll have at least 8 frenzy charges without investing too much ex. You can get 10 frenzy charges later with corrupted boots and last frenzy charges called Frenetic, and if you can pay 30 35 ex for frenzy corrupted xoph's blood amulet, you ll have 11 frenzies.
11 means you ll have %22 dodge attacks, %77 movement speed, %33 attack speed, %33 attack damage. Which boosts your dps and clear speed incredibly.

Berserker is super tank, raider is super fast with good dps. And if you going to be berserker, you cant get full bonuses of frenzy charges.

I think Chieftain is not good for this build, its superb for fire skill totem builds. Ascendancy is not made for cyclone.
Last edited by realjam on Jan 8, 2017, 2:24:05 PM
Does Dying Sun affect molten burst / help with clearspeed with this build?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
Alea wrote:
i dont get it

why not using elemental focus instead of added fire ?
why not using pyre & hatred ?
why not using attack speed on cyclone to increase the procs ?
why not using aoe on cyclone ?
why using templar aoe while it makeslosing a good part of point blank dmg ?

1 -- Elemental focus just increasing dps a little bit. I tried both of them with %20 quality gems. It is just %2.8 increase for me. But you losing burning effect totally. You have %5 ignite chance but if you have high attack speed igniting is possible with getting more dps. Its your choice if you want to be a tooltip fighter. Its ok to have elemental focus instead of added fire. But you really dont need that dps on bosses if igniting it is possible.

2 -- Pyre/hatred Blood magic version
First if you want to use hatred you have to have worm unset ring for using hatred.
1 essence worm unset ring 1 pyre and hatred buff. You ll get like %15 - %20 dps increase. But what you lose is elemental resists, lots of life, at least 500 life maybe more than 600 life. And you ll have just glove and belt to cap your resists.

Pyre/hatred No blood magic
If you dont have blood magic, you can have that pyre/hatred. Still losing 200-300 life from ring, getting %15- 20 dps. Plus if you use taste of hate, it will be HUGE boost.

One more thing for those i wrote. Dont underestimate your rings, cause they can have elemental damage increase/added phy/added fire flat damages. Flat damages and weapon elemental damages will increase your dps tooltip highly.

3-- You have many options for 6 l cyclone. Faster attacks/fire penetration/fortify. You choose. Fire penetration is nice to have against bosses, fortify is more defensive option if you dont like activate it by using leap slam, and faster attack is increasing procs of molten burst. But i assume you know you will have 10 frenzy charges, right? So i think it is enough attack speed for cyclone. But its your choice, change one gem for your playstyle.

4 -- Actually i do. I use increased aoe with quality. Just changing it when i go bosses, concentrated effect is a huge boost to dps. You really dont need too much dps when clearing maps, having aoe increased is nice.

5 -- Because projectiles are not going far enough to lower your dps. One of its reason, you have concentrated effect. While you have templars increased aoe, you ll have %25 reduced aoe from molten burst's linked concentrated effect. So projectiles are not moving too much. For this question it is better to make a math to make best explanation.
"
monkuar wrote:

Dying sun affects molten burst. Adds 2 projectiles but 2 projectiles will not help you too much for clearspeed.

Well if you are looking for easy upgrade for clearspeed, you can get empire's grasp + lion's roar flask. Reverse knockback with %35 physical damage increase. That combo is very nice to have and especially in breaches. And fits to cyclone build very much. Because you have high movement speed, you dont need to go hunt mobs after you hit once, they will come to you till they dead
Last edited by realjam on Jan 8, 2017, 6:12:26 PM
"
realjam wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Dying sun affects molten burst. Adds 2 projectiles but 2 projectiles will not help you too much for clearspeed.

Well if you are looking for easy upgrade for clearspeed, you can get empire's grasp + lion's roar flask. Reverse knockback with %75 physical damage increase. That combo is very nice to have and especially in breaches. And fits to cyclone build very much. Because you have high movement speed, you dont need to go hunt mobs after you hit once, they will come to you till they dead

Thanks. Just curious will the 2 extra projects add a noticable DPS increase?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
"
realjam wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Well if you are looking for easy upgrade for clearspeed, you can get empire's grasp + lion's roar flask. Reverse knockback with %75 physical damage increase. That combo is very nice to have and especially in breaches. And fits to cyclone build very much. Because you have high movement speed, you dont need to go hunt mobs after you hit once, they will come to you till they dead

Thanks. Just curious will the 2 extra projects add a noticable DPS increase?

Molten burst has nice dps and it fires 7 projectiles. If they all hit to mob, it will be much more dps than the cyclone skill itself. 2 more molten burst is like %50 of cyclone's dps.

If you say you have 20k cyclone dps tooltip, 5k molten burst tooltip, your 7 projectiles will deal 35k dps.
Total 55k dps.
If you use dying sun, it will be total 65k dps. Its like %20 more dps but assuming you hit with all of your projectiles hitting to mob.
"
realjam wrote:

Molten burst has nice dps and it fires 7 projectiles. If they all hit to mob, it will be much more dps than the cyclone skill itself. 2 more molten burst is like %50 of cyclone's dps.

If you say you have 20k cyclone dps tooltip, 5k molten burst tooltip, your 7 projectiles will deal 35k dps.
Total 55k dps.
If you use dying sun, it will be total 65k dps. Its like %20 more dps but assuming you hit with all of your projectiles hitting to mob.

Sweet, thank you. It seems like Dying Sun is definitely worth it then!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info