[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

"
Mecielle wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, you already answered it :D Just that you said that it is a pseudo 5 link. Which is not true right? Ice Bite and Innervate both greatly benefit LA.

Hey, thanks for the build. Just have one question (and maybe it has been asked before, so sorry if you already answered it):

Why not use "The Tempest Binding" to get a second "6 link" and use Kaom's Heart? Should result in much more life and PoB tells me that the LA damage for clearing is still more than high enough when its socketed into that helmet.

Really good solution as well. Kaoms + tempest is nice. But getting +2 projectiles on tempest is gonna be expensive or you need to grind lab. Also you lose the chance to roll rare helm + chest resists. You need those elsewhere then. But kaoms + tempest is possible and decent dps.
IGN: madssvin
Last edited by mileysaurus on Sep 5, 2017, 7:25:11 PM
"
mileysaurus wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, you already answered it :D Just that you said that it is a pseudo 5 link. Which is not true right? Ice Bite and Innervate both greatly benefit LA.

Hey, thanks for the build. Just have one question (and maybe it has been asked before, so sorry if you already answered it):

Why not use "The Tempest Binding" to get a second "6 link" and use Kaom's Heart? Should result in much more life and PoB tells me that the LA damage for clearing is still more than high enough when its socketed into that helmet.

Really good solution as well. Kaoms + tempest is nice. But getting +2 projectiles on tempest is gonna be expensive or you need to grind lab. Also you lose the chance to roll rare helm + chest resists. You need those elsewhere then. But kaoms + tempest is possible and decent dps.

I would use this build to speedrun T15 Beachheads, so I would go with the "LA hits 2 additional enemies" enchant anyway. And that is cheap to get on the helmet.
Really liking this build, just swapped over to the Opus after leveling as sunder and starting maps around 65. Using the Bisco swap on belt for perma rampage every map is great, clear is fantastic even with low gems (just bought/qualitied all gems so I won't have to flip, each level gained is a huge boost.

Question on fangs of frost vs the sniper+bow crit cluster, when in your progression map of passives would you pick those up? By my calculations, when I finish the current progression map I'll be like level 93-4 and don't have either Fangs or the bow crit cluster. Should we pick those up earlier?
Last edited by gibtuck on Sep 8, 2017, 1:21:40 PM
Using fangs of frost and added cold + ice bite depends on what your boot enchant is. You would use a different setup otherwise. You would pick up ice fang by 93-94.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 6, 2017, 10:25:01 PM
Can you tell me best gem setup to use with belly 5l and bow 5l ?
Last edited by Fummon on Sep 8, 2017, 9:32:03 AM
I haven't really gone into gem upgrading much in poe yet but should I just get 20/20 gems on all slots? and 21/20 on some like added cold and lightning? Which gems are the most important to get highest?
hey,

about gems: honestly, the gain on 21/20 is really low. Personally i level up gems and then sell them for 30-40c as clean 20/20. I keep only the barrage setup gems to be able to run shaper or carry uber lab with 3-4 people at ease.

About uber lab : I was able to run it at level 85 for the first time with a tabula. You keep your LA setup while running and switch on your barrage stup gems when you need to. LA only does not work on solo-targets
Hello, thanks for your build.
I have a low budget and have a question. Do you think 5 link Death's Opus and 5L Belly can stay correct to do high map with your build ? Or maybe a tabula is best or a cheap 6L with Evasion ?

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by TounHanGothen on Sep 8, 2017, 5:16:30 PM
"
TounHanGothen wrote:
Hello, thanks for your build.
I have a low budget and have a question. Do you think 5 link Death's Opus and 5L Belly can stay correct to do high map with your build ? Or maybe a tabula is best or a cheap 6L with Evasion ?

Thanks in advance !

You can totally run end game maps with a 5/5 or 5/6 setup. I would go with either a 5 link belly or a tabula rather than a 6link evasion armor unless their really cheap.

"
I haven't really gone into gem upgrading much in poe yet but should I just get 20/20 gems on all slots? and 21/20 on some like added cold and lightning? Which gems are the most important to get highest?
Only the following have good gains at 21: wrath, added light, added cold, ice bite.

"
Can you tell me best gem setup to use with belly 5l and bow 5l ?

LA, remove added light
Barrage, remove added cold
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hi,
Stupid question, can i use this build as TS ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info