Bye bye for now, or most likely forever...

"
Vertigo215 wrote:
As for the league, yes it is a clister fuck of enemies and the game is starting to feel like it's over facing you with content but if the game was as empty as it was in the past you'd be complaining exactly the same

That's a fairly bold assumption, what if there are no such complaints in his post history?

The thing about this league is that even killing essence mobs, as pedestrian as it was, often felt more engaging because I at least knew what was going on and was reacting to the content. You know, I've spawned a breach general a few times until now and I still have no idea what it does, shit, I don't even know what the damn thing looks like.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Vertigo215 wrote:
As for the league, yes it is a clister fuck of enemies and the game is starting to feel like it's over facing you with content but if the game was as empty as it was in the past you'd be complaining exactly the same

That's a fairly bold assumption, what if there are no such complaints in his post history?

The thing about this league is that even killing essence mobs, as pedestrian as it was, often felt more engaging because I at least knew what was going on and was reacting to the content. You know, I've spawned a breach general a few times until now and I still have no idea what it does, shit, I don't even know what the damn thing looks like.

you are right, there arent :p not on this acc, nor on my other one (had to make 2 accs to make hideouts), i just didnt even bother replying :(

i never complained when it was slow because i liked it. now i have to randomly whirl/flurry because i have no time to even see shit, let alone react. monsters for some reason shoot me with invisible projectiles. i didnt even know what breaches were for, until i asked in global 820. i saw that sample video by ggg where some guy entered a portal at the end of the breach and i was like "hey why cant i do this"

all in all, they buff the graphics and nerf the gameplay and thats not good
"
raics wrote:
"
Vertigo215 wrote:

^so much this
Last time I died to breach my char was killed by either insane damage from dozens of mobs or some spikes protruding from ground covering ~60-70% of area about 2 screens in all directions. And I still don't have the slightest idea of what it was. Some unique breach mob, I guess. Had no chance in hell seeing it through all that graphical vomit. After that, decided just to ignore breaches till maps... and now I read in other topic it's even worse in maps even with good gear, kek.

"
Sure_K4y wrote:
Don't pretend you playtested this properly, GGG, because is obvious that you did not.
I guess they did playtest it "properly". It's just GGG's "properly" involves twink gear in all slots as well as using meta build(s) only :p
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Dec 4, 2016, 10:01:22 PM
"
Vertigo215 wrote:
"
hideouts wrote:
"
Vertigo215 wrote:
Bye :)

Not gonna lie you sound kinda butthurt and entitled.

i wonder how much ggg can push it till you fanboys actually admit "okay, this was a bad decision"

@op: i guess go to standard some time, we should give them a chance to fix this! i mean invasion was the same, beyond was the same! first week fucking everyone up, then people complained so they restored things to normal! this is bad i agree, but it can be fixed easily :)

Top banter mate, some of us "Fan boys" as you put it haven't played every league because the mechanics were shit, we make forum posts as to why to help GGG make amends and fix things in future. Not play a league for 3 days qq then make a forum post saying you're better than them and saying you're leaving, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As for the league, yes it is a clister fuck of enemies and the game is starting to feel like it's over facing you with content but if the game was as empty as it was in the past you'd be complaining exactly the same and making the same forum posts and not offering any real information to what and why you've gotten to your decision. Calling it quits because you can't make the most edgy build ever work is just kinda silly, work on it some more and you'll see the rewards.

> Also talks about namelock melee when they updated the hit detection into a cone so you don't have to namelock?<

Welp, if you can't realize what my problems were by reading my opener, or looking through some other threads on these forums, or my post history, then sorry, but there's no way to further elaborate what the issues are.

The thing is, I am doing one thing right when I design content: I playtest it with an ideal scenario in mind, I test it with an average scenario in mind, and I test it with the worst scenario in mind. If at all, GGG tested breaches with an almost ideal scenario and a meta skill in mind. Knowing that they can set up any scenario they could possibly want, it should have taken them 15 minutes to realize there's a problem. And if you, or anyone else, is trying to tell me that players do not deserve these 15 minutes of paid effort, to make sure things work properly, then sorry again, but I don't know what to tell you quite honestly...

The simple fact of the matter is that I am fine with having a slower progression because I don't run a meta build, that is a concession I am willing to make. What I'm not okay with is, when the content in question isn't really manageable with a non-meta build, doubly so when map-mods come into play. There is only thing with this league that GGG had to get right, and that is: Not kicking the non-meta builds in the teeth.

And no offense, but an elemental bow build isn't really something that you can consider edgy, unless of course you think that everything non-meta is edgy just because it's non-meta. I can clear maps comfortably, I even ran apex already, with questionable results, but I did it nonetheless, and made it all the way through. It's not like I'm running around with uncapped resists and 2k GMPdps. My gear is very reasonable for the time being, especially since I'm playing SSF:

My pack clearing is absolutely okay, I can handle bosses just fine, merciless Izaro was a cake walk, but a breach in a tier 1 map, without any map mods, is a recipe for disaster. Maybe we should talk again when you got to maps and saw it for yourself.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
well since the realm was down i tried some breaches and i managed to do 3 in a row, so it might have been ninja nerfed! not sure though, maybe i was just lucky! will continue testing!

but so far everything seems very nice
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
You're right OP but even so the genre as a whole is in such a bad place PoE is still the best arpg. ><

I'd say both Grim Dawn and Titan Quest are superior ARPGs and highly accessible.

I remember when "Grim Yawn" was a thing. I always rated it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
You're right OP but even so the genre as a whole is in such a bad place PoE is still the best arpg. ><

I'd say both Grim Dawn and Titan Quest are superior ARPGs and highly accessible.

As pure arpgs sure they are better but I don't think any arpg will be able to compete at PoE's level without being online and having some kind of active economy.
Well I kinda like the mechanics, rippy league mechanics were usually reserved for hardcore (Invasion... Beyond^^) and were forced down our throat. With Standard and Hardcore merging it had to happen at some time, one of those OMG mechanics had to go there. Talisman was the first combined league were Standard and Hardcore were the same and it wasn't dangerous. Perandus had overtuned mobs, but they stayed close to the boxes and got toned down quickly, beyond that it was essentially free lot, same for Prophecy. And Essence could provide a challange if you had a bunch of high level essences on an enemy, but besides that you got free alchemy orbs most of the time.

So having a league that actually makes you regret trying to reap the rewards is good. There are a few question to ask but overall the mechanic is great. Overall it is the same old thing we had with beyond and the old joke what a melee does when he spawns Abaxoth? He opens a new map.

Because the game never was different I just assume most people played standard for most of the time so they got spared from the actual dangerous league mechanics. Yes some Warbands were kinda ridicolous and strongboxes propably killed a few people due to loading times, but overall the standard mechanics were incredible soft compared to the hardcore ones. And of course this created a bunch of complains, but GGG never wanted to implement something and buff it up shortly afterwards, because this would hurt far more than toning it down.

Of course Breach clearly shows the weaknesses the game has. It is hard to see the actually important things on your screen when so many stuff is happening, exspecial Uul-Netol with all the impassable stuff and bleeds is kinda annoying, I got the other ones kinda figured out, but if you are basically trapped without any ability to do something you immidiatly have to concede the breach.

And of course in maps this stuff multiplies due to how map mods can stack on each other, which again is not a breach issue, but an issue that lies in the game systems. For the last 2.x league this isn't such a bad choice. With 1.3 they kinda missed the chance to do something a bit more edgy, so Torment was nothing too special and Bloodlines was incredible punishing exspecially Phylacteral Link, but neither of them had the potential to expose things that should move up in the priority list.

Breach does that. And whatever balance concerns might exist, the biggest issue is visuality. You simply might get to a point were it is impossible to keep track of what is happening on the screen. Not only due to all the effects, but inside a breach your colors are oddly disorted as well which makes Fireskills terrible to look at and they easily mess up anything you actually might want to see. Exspecially if something else happens inside the breach. I had a pack of Frostbearers spawn with the breach (or it was a blue pack being their from the beginning), and with the all the things going on (it was a Xoph Breach) and multiple flame pillars in the area it was impossible to even remotely see the mobs or even less the bearers. Since it was still cruel it was no issue, but the mob density in merciless even more stuff is happening.

So while it isn't worse Invasion or Beyond initially (I would even argue that Bloodlines and Warbands were more overtuned, at least some of them) and you can also still opt out of it (might need a warp at times), it does something that isn't necessarily linked to the league itself.

Breach shows like no other league (Perandus kinda had the potential, but the mobs were often concentrated on a small area) how messy fights can become and how important having the right information is. And there are multiple issues at present:

a) It would be really good if Flask buffs would be removed from the buff bar and located to our Flasks, that way buffs get cleaned up.

b) They should rething how buffs are sorted. Not always are the ones you might want to keep track of at the first place

c) Having some danger signs that are not on the floor were hundreds of enemies are standing would be nice. How about having flames at the side of our screen or make it appear frozen from the edges when we are standing on burning or chilled ground (and of course something for Shocked ground as well), the same could of course appear when we are affected by one of those things.

All those things are not necessarily only happening in a breach. THey happen a lot outside all the time. Breach just ensures that you face such situations a few times per area. If you actually can keep track of what is happening Breach is very fun because you can avoid many of the dangers that are thrown at you, but often so many things are going on.

"
And no offense, but an elemental bow build isn't really something that you can consider edgy, unless of course you think that everything non-meta is edgy just because it's non-meta.

To be fair Bows are actually the worst thing you can use right now. It is behind melee... well the few things that are used in there. If you pick up a bow you have already lost, because you have the damage of a dual wielded 1h weapon and use skills that deal less damage than Heavy Strike. Boss unless you are using the ones that offer endless scaling like Doomfletch Prism, which you would do as an Inquisitor with not many actual bow nodes, because the right side of the tree is terrible.

There was a single actual archer in the Top50 last league, that is a lot less than there are melees and I doubt it will be much different this time. While Melee skills are mostly shit, the few that are viable are so much better than the few bow skills that are good. Lacerate, Bladeflurry and Earthquake are just far away from usual bow skills. The worst thing is your bow is good, not perfect, but look how much dps it offers. Allure has more even if you are not using Brightbeak or Dualwield and Allure is not exactly expensive... and we could speak about Scaeva which had a 10% base crit chance, which they fixed without bothering to actually update the mod^^, it is still an incredible weapon and bows only have Lioneyes which is for specific builds and not easy to use generally as an entry tier bow (then again it is already at 1c, which pretty much proofs that it isn't comparable or nobody cares about bows^^).

"
As pure arpgs sure they are better but I don't think any arpg will be able to compete at PoE's level without being online and having some kind of active economy.

Yeah I have both. Titan Quest has a few odd decisions that make you scratch your head later on, like the inability to apply components to unique items, which makes them mostly meaningless and while Grim Dawn fixed a lot of that it stuck too close D2 in that there is hardly anything you do later in the game. It is fun to play through it and I would recommend it to anybody. But I have 1700+ hours invested in PoE on Steam alone. And I still often find a few hours to play, because I don't care about the balance too much and I'm actually using Flameblast for the first time ever, which is fun and something new, it is also propably too strong, but while playing this hardly matters, because it is fun blowing things up. My Golem Summoner is fun too, although I had to put him back because I need a bit better equip and the jewels because I can only use stone golems the flame golems hardly do anything without a might jewel^^.

well both titan quest and grim dawn are really bad at multiplayer, which is something where poe excels. thats why poe doesnt really get boring, while tq and gd cant really be played for more than 1-2 weeks :(
"
Emphasy wrote:
So having a league that actually makes you regret trying to reap the rewards is good.
Is having a league that actually makes you NOT trying to reap the rewards at all also good?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info