Bye bye for now, or most likely forever...

Yup, nobody cares about others leaving. Yet still the "IDGAFs" will leave their mark here to make sure we all know that they don't care.

For those who do care, or at least are interested in hearing me out, here's why I'm done:

I've been aware that the devs are out of touch with their own product for a very long time, but I've never imagined it would be so bad.

The breach league as it is now is the absolute best proof that some people in their driver's seat have no idea what they're doing and where they're going. The breach mobs are so overtuned and numerous, that there's no way a non-meta build could even hope to farm some chests in them, let alone stay alive, and that's already an issue even without map mods. Don't pretend you playtested this properly, GGG, because is obvious that you did not.

Basically, if you don't know how your game plays, you shouldn't be developing features for it, you should be driving a cab.

The melee QoL is also perfectly timed... Released alongside a league that literally shits on namelocking skills, and overburdens any melee build with a metric ton of damage and mobs, bladeflurry being the exception, because bladeflurry is about as balanced as bladevortex, good job there. Perfect "irony", if you want to call it that.

GGG, you created content in which the meta-builds are running tier 15-16 maps like 3-4 days in, and kill breach bosses in their respective domain, while the non-meta builds can't even get past tier 10 maps without pumping absurd amounts of currency into their gear.

You know, I'm certainly not a "real" game designer, or a developer, but I design maps and campaigns for one of the oldest first person shooters in existence, and the differences between you and me GGG are, that you earn money, and I have standards. Your product isn't getting tested properly, you allow for things to occur that the game-engine is practically unable to handle, and your payer-/playerbase is your beta-testing crew. You stopped caring about the integrity of your product, and started caring about the depth of your pocket.

How many people are on your payroll? Like 90-100 at this point I suppose, and yet all of them were unable to see how messy this league would be, while I have seen this disgrace coming from a mile away, by just reading about the league mechanics. This only implies one simple thing: There's no going back for you anymore. You layer meta on meta, and currency on currency, while losing track of the scorched earth you left in your wake.

So, what do I do now? Join the meta time after time after time to have a fair shot at "enjoying" the game? Nah, fuck that. I'm done looking for the most OP-hyper-scaling skills this game has. I've lost interest in picking one of a few builds that allow the everyday person to get anywhere in this game. Your game isn't a "hardcore experience", your game is a "pick the right skill and watch stuff happen experience".

Yeah, everybody deserves a second chance, true... Now, GGG, how many "second chances" did players give you in last two years? Consider yourself blessed with one of the most forgiving playerbases I have seen so far, you certainly are not deserving of such privileges at this point in time.

And all that and then some is why I'm out. I've had it up to here. Eventhough I don't own a supporter pack, I've thrown a couple hundreds your way over time, the next couple hundreds will end up elsewhere, but that you can believe.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 3:51:48 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well, disagree with you on a lot of things but this isn't one of them. I will probably be following you out of here shortly. My experience with the latest league mechanic was short, pointless, and pretty much what I expected would happen.

Been talking about the need to put more effort into balancing the gems in a more sensible way and they've shown no inclination in having the competence to do this.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Dec 4, 2016, 7:14:39 PM
You're right OP but even so the genre as a whole is in such a bad place PoE is still the best arpg. ><
Bye :)

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Dec 4, 2016, 8:26:08 PM
"
Vertigo215 wrote:

[Removed by Support]

i wonder how much ggg can push it till you fanboys actually admit "okay, this was a bad decision"

@op: i guess go to standard some time, we should give them a chance to fix this! i mean invasion was the same, beyond was the same! first week fucking everyone up, then people complained so they restored things to normal! this is bad i agree, but it can be fixed easily :)
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Dec 4, 2016, 8:26:26 PM
my leveling experience with flameblast was awful, died over 20 times until merciless. there was no way to avoid the permanent damage.

maybe i was too greedy but even fighting from the distance wasn't really working, got attacked nonetheless.

stopped doing breaches in merciless to level faster and now at level 70, doing dried lake is pretty ok.

---

i mean alot of people (even me) asked for a harder difficulty. but if a build is able to do malachai cruel deathless it shouldn't get raped in merciless twilight strand.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 4, 2016, 8:27:04 PM
"
vio wrote:
my leveling experience with flameblast was awful

I can imagine, now you try to imagine my levelling experience with Blight.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
You're right, OP.

The game has sadly lost its charm. It's an AoE blow-em-up fest.

I suppose if one just skips all of the stuff they've added over the last 1-2 years it would be okay? But really, what would be the point then.

It's all too much and way too fast.
"
hideouts wrote:
"
Vertigo215 wrote:

Not gonna lie you sound kinda butthurt and entitled.

i wonder how much ggg can push it till you fanboys actually admit "okay, this was a bad decision"

@op: i guess go to standard some time, we should give them a chance to fix this! i mean invasion was the same, beyond was the same! first week fucking everyone up, then people complained so they restored things to normal! this is bad i agree, but it can be fixed easily :)

Top banter mate, some of us "Fan boys" as you put it haven't played every league because the mechanics were shit, we make forum posts as to why to help GGG make amends and fix things in future. Not play a league for 3 days qq then make a forum post saying you're better than them and saying you're leaving, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As for the league, yes it is a clister fuck of enemies and the game is starting to feel like it's over facing you with content but if the game was as empty as it was in the past you'd be complaining exactly the same and making the same forum posts and not offering any real information to what and why you've gotten to your decision. Calling it quits because you can't make the most edgy build ever work is just kinda silly, work on it some more and you'll see the rewards.

> Also talks about namelock melee when they updated the hit detection into a cone so you don't have to namelock?<
"
raics wrote:
"
vio wrote:
my leveling experience with flameblast was awful

I can imagine, now you try to imagine my levelling experience with Blight.

m-(

^ official facepalm emoticon
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info