[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin CI Blade Flurry End-Game Build! [HC/SC]

"
ptoop84 wrote:
"
phocas99 wrote:
"
ptoop84 wrote:
Stop the crap with the bino's get some proper gear ppl.

Any chance you can link something we (I) should compare with? I tried looking through your characters and only saw claws. Thanks for your input.

Cus i moved from Bino's to Rare, then to Claws, If you read a bit the pages, you gonna see what is needed for the Dagger version. Anyway ppl, get claws, its immortal. Cheap as hell and EXTREME dps.

This gear except the flasks costs noting, The Build is IMMORTAL in proper hands.

Just dont waste ur time with binos, or money with dagger, claws are 100th lvl, hardcore, uber/shaper/we/
Viable.

Its content deletion.

Understood, time to read the 40 pages. Thank you for taking the time to list this info, it's going to be put to good use.
"
ffhighwind wrote:
"
phocas99 wrote:
"
ptoop84 wrote:
Stop the crap with the bino's get some proper gear ppl.

Any chance you can link something we (I) should compare with? I tried looking through your characters and only saw claws. Thanks for your input.

I think he was using daggers and swapped to claws after I did. Spend some time reading the thread if you can. You don't need a "proper dagger" unless you're doing Shaper with this build. I posted some videos earlier using Binos to kill the Guardians and Breachlords.

An example of a good rare dagger is 300+ pdps 1.7+ aps 7.7%+ crit. That's about half the dps of a mirror dagger and it'll you 20ex+. Scourge in comparison is <1ex... and technically free if you sell your shield.

Its starting to make a lot more sense now, I wondered why you both werent using it.

So, after reading the claw part, is it really better to sell my boots/heretic's/shield in order to get claw gear, or should I improve my gear with the currency I have?
Seeing a couple of different opinions here. Ultimately what is better Claw or Dagger? Is it just a budget question, is one better for low budget and one for high budget?
I am not against switching to claws but the Scourge costs actually around 150c in HC Breach for some reason. Can you play it onehanded with shield so you have more ES or is dualwielding mandatory.
I would easily recommend switching to Scourge in SC. In HC I would recommend rerolling as a Raider to play Blade Flurry HOWA. I checked the prices and HOWA is extremely cheap in HC. Both claw builds are similar in damage and life pool but Scourge is overall better imo. TBH I don't think either build has enough ES pool to survive all content deathless. Maybe you'd be better off as Essence Drain with 16k+ ES or a build with some armour. I would still recommend against this build in HC because it relies on blasphemy for leech. Maybe a life based version would be better for HC to get the leech wheel but a bow build would probably be better than that.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 17, 2017, 1:09:34 AM
"
ffhighwind wrote:
I would easily recommend switching to Scourge in SC. In HC I would recommend rerolling as a Raider to play Blade Flurry HOWA. I checked the prices and HOWA is extremely cheap in HC. Both claw builds are similar in damage and life pool but Scourge is overall better imo. TBH I don't think either build has enough ES pool to survive all content deathless. Maybe you'd be better off as Essence Drain with 16k+ ES or a build with some armour. I would still recommend against this build in HC because it relies on blasphemy for leech. Maybe a life based version would be better for HC to get the leech wheel but a bow build would probably be better than that.

Hi Highwind, you helped me earlier with gear and build. I am considering taking your advice, but what would that entail, as to switching to Scourge? I am in SC this league.
"
KasperBN wrote:
Hi Highwind, you helped me earlier with gear and build. I am considering taking your advice, but what would that entail, as to switching to Scourge? I am in SC this league.

Scourge build guide
HOWA build guide
It's going to cost you maybe 30-45 regret orbs for a respec to Scourge. Look at these guides for advice. It doesn't really seem right to advertise other builds in a streamer's build guide but I've never seen him post here so w/e.

EDIT:
If you're going to play HOWA I recommend my my own tree over the one in that guide. It uses a couple ideas from the Spectral Throw version.

I never got around to optimizing the Scourge build. I like the tweak ptoop84 did with Death's Door for bleed immunity so that you can fit in another unique flask. The build author used Skyforths instead of Chayula/Death's Door. I'm not sure which option I like better. I still don't like Dark Arts and am unsure why the build author doesn't get the other 15% minion damage node or the other claw crit multi. ptoop84 also gets Charisma and uses Hatred instead of Vulnerability. I'm certain the damage is lower with Hatred. However, Hatred could produce more dps with self/auto cast Vulnerability or use a Witchfire's Brew.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 17, 2017, 2:42:58 PM
"
ffhighwind wrote:
"
KasperBN wrote:

Scourge build guide
HOWA build guide
It's going to cost you maybe 30-45 regret orbs for a respec to Scourge. Look at these guides for advice. It doesn't really seem right to advertise other builds in a streamer's build guide but I've never seen him post here so w/e.

EDIT:
If you're going to play HOWA I recommend my my own tree over the one in that guide. It uses a couple ideas from the Spectral Throw version.

I never got around to optimizing the Scourge build. I like the tweak ptoop84 did with Death's Door for bleed immunity so that you can fit in another unique flask. The build author used Skyforths instead of Chayula/Death's Door. I'm not sure which option I like better. I still don't like Dark Arts and am unsure why the build author doesn't get the other 15% minion damage node or the other claw crit multi. ptoop84 also gets Charisma and uses Hatred instead of Vulnerability. I'm certain the damage is lower with Hatred. However, Hatred could produce more dps with self/auto cast Vulnerability or use a Witchfire's Brew.

Im using

Only for Shaper, i can do it without too, but its faster with it. I get charisma to be able to run the Auras/Discipline. Skyforth/Enlighten 4 would allow you to drop Charisma and take the Throatseeker Crit Multi node. But then, you would have to take a anti bleed flask.

// Edit

Took me 102 Uber Lab runs to get it, but its totaly worth, its huge dps diff.
Every BF player, shud have this.
Last edited by ptoop84 on Jan 17, 2017, 6:45:13 PM
Farming uber labs for a specific enchantment is a bad idea. It could take you weeks to get what you want. It'd be a better use of time to farm up the currency and buy a helmet with the enchant already on it and craft it afterwards since you'd also be leveling and building a map pool. I did uber labs for the challenges during Ascendancy and vowed never to run them for enchantments ever again. It was hard enough getting just 1 of each category of helmet enchant let alone a specific one you want. There's 380 helmet enchants in uber labs. Two of those enchants are useful Blade Flurry. Maybe 3-4 more enchants are useful at all for this build. Contrast that with 15 boot enchants and 3-4 of those are useful on most characters. Farming labs for boot enchants is fine but a huge waste of time for helmet ones.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 17, 2017, 7:35:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info