Item Filter Performance

Thanks for improving an awesome game!
Looking forward to playing tonight!
Thanks, good catch! :-D

Chris and GGG, just make sure you don't introduce new bugs to this last minute fix. For example: I hope you guys don't forget any of the item visibility changes in which to run the item filter. I know for example your QA missed the whole alt-tab issue in 2.4.3c due to a fix for fullscreen issues, so that's why I emphasize this. ;-)

Since moving away from every frame, make sure the item filter runs a check on...

1.) Item drop from mob
2.) Item drop from breakable
3.) Item drop from chest/clickable
4.) Item drop from strongbox
5.) Item drop from player's inventory
6.) Party member drops item
7.) Party member leaves/hold expires on item
8.) Party looting filter
9.) Party looting mode change, party members added, etc.
10.) Item pick-up, but no inventory space, so immediately dropped again
11.) Alt Down/Up (Highlight all item toggle)
12.) Enter/exit instance
13.) Filter reloaded
14.) Different filter selected
15.) Visible items moving off-screen/on-screen
16.) Non-visible items moving off-screen/on-screen
17.) Client window loses focus, gains focus
18.) Graphics option changes applied
19.) Correction from de-sync
20.) Correction from permission error when changing instances

Any others I didn't cover?

Still 3 hours to go for 2.5.0 launch, so I hope you guys get this last minute fix correctly implemented.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Will it be fixed today with 2.5 or december 3? I cant undertend what tomorrow for Chris in New Zeland.
"
AlmostZer0 wrote:
Will it be fixed today with 2.5 or december 3? I cant undertend what tomorrow for Chris in New Zeland.

It's December 3 in New Zealand now... only 4am currently however.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
AlmostZer0 wrote:

Well then, you better go to bed, sir!

Oh wait...

Anyway, it's so good that this has been caught and fixed!
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Dec 2, 2016, 11:41:48 AM
Does this explain why areas with a large number of items on the ground dropped fps from 120 to 12?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
ScootaLewis wrote:
well shit
thats a hell of a mystery no one thought was a mystery and didnt even really need solving
but damn if it didnt just get solved so nice work

rofl, well put
Last edited by Rolingo on Dec 2, 2016, 2:05:47 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Does this explain why areas with a large number of items on the ground dropped fps from 120 to 12?

Indeed, it's a possibility since the filter ran with every single frame. I always thought it was due to a large number of bodies on the ground with physics, but it could be the item filter or a combination of the two.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Indeed, it's a possibility since the filter ran with every single frame. I always thought it was due to a large number of bodies on the ground with physics, but it could be the item filter or a combination of the two.

I can now confirm this was the case. Any situation where there was loot on the ground would cause FPS loss.

In very high IIQ maps, FPS was literally unplayable. this has now been fixed.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
"
AlmostZer0 wrote:

I recommend the devs/staff specify the numerical GMT/UTC value when stating what time it is at a location. Not everyone is familiar with the timezone acronyms every other country/continent/state utilizes and it can be annoying to figure out the offset from GMT when a time is provided without a offset.

For example, I've never been bothered to learn American timezone acronyms and what offset they stand for, because I do not live in America so that information should be useless to me but it seems lots of global companies like to use American timezone acronyms instead of doing the sane thing and offering a numerical GMT/UTC offset value.

The only saving grace with GGG is that their offset is I think only 1 or 2 hours off of AEST, or rather I should say GMT+10 because I doubt a lot of americans understand wtf timezone AEST stands for.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Dec 14, 2016, 10:13:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info