Ethics Stash Tabs

"
TheGrommen wrote:
I never understood why people get so worked up into a frothing mess over tabs.

Just stop double fisting McDonald's Big Mac burgers for a few days and you will have some spare pocket change for a tab or two.

Some perspective.

1 Extra Stash Tab - 30 points = $3

1 Big Mac for McDonald's on average in the US = $4.80

So, a few times a week, stop stuff your face, and buy a tab or two.

You're Welcome.

Spoiler
Bit outdated but here is your worldly Big Mac cost on average http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/24/investing/big-mac-price/

Who are you to tell me what to buy with my money and I noticed there are more posters almost saying it's obligated to give money to GGG. I'm sorry but post like this has an average effect on me.
"
Rymosh wrote:
The limited stash space becomes a relevant issue, if you have played the game for several hours for free.
At this point make a decision, invest some dollars for a game you like or stop playing.

+1
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
chaoticwon wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Is this ethic to play game and not pay for it?

This^^ And then bitch about it? lol Shame shame!

Is it unethical to play a free to play game for free? (which is being discussed if it's really as free as people think)
Does anyone care about ethics.....

GGG makes a fine game and they update it frequently, the stash tabs are useful but completely optional
I dont see any any key!
"
treffnix wrote:
"
Rymosh wrote:
The limited stash space becomes a relevant issue, if you have played the game for several hours for free.
At this point make a decision, invest some dollars for a game you like or stop playing.

+1

I have a feeling a lot of players will quit before they get to see the real potential of this game and everything it has to offer. Several hours of gameplay isn't enough to fully experience the game and make the decision to really get invested in this game.
Last edited by jeke777 on Dec 1, 2016, 4:33:50 PM
"
One tab goes to currency. And that's only if you don't plan to actually store lower currencies

Do you need an entire tab to store exalted orbs, chaos orbs, regals, gcps, regrets, alchs and chances?

"
Essence rolling into the core game is going to rek people's storage space!

It is completely viable to only pick up screaming and higher tier essences, which means all you need is about 20 more slots. I don't see how that's going to "rek" people's storage space, especially since the frequency of essences is going to be around 1/6th of what their drop rate was.

"
Then you have gear and trading. So good luck trying to manage that with 2-3 tabs and still have any space left for things you may want to keep for later.

If you want to save things for later, either put them on a character, or create a mule. That doesn't seem to qualify as "essential". Essential aspects of the game include access to content, access to all gear, and access to all races and events that GGG holds. Currently, that is how the model is.

"
The argument that you don't need extra tabs is akin to saying "I know your work is 60 km away but you don't need a car or a buss to get you there you can walk, so the people with cars totally aren't P2W."

Welcome to how the world actually works. If you need comfort, you need to pay for it.

"
Truly ethical MTXes would be restricted to purely cosmetic effects. Anything that crosses over into stash space or trading, IS P2W. It's like competing with Wal-Mart when you're a tiny convenience store. They have the floor space to hold 1000x what you can, why wouldn't they be making more cash than you? You think a guy with 1 tab devoted to trading is going to do as well as a guy with 15?

You aren't competing with anyone here. Of course a guy with 1 tab devoted to trading is not going to do as well as a guy with 15. However, I don't see how trading is "essential" to the game. Trading is an ancillary part of the game. But if you are that invested into the game that you can't do without trading, you should be buying stash tabs, not asking for them for free. In your analogy, this is like saying "my neighbor has money to buy a car to drive to work, but I don't have the money, so I'd like a free scooter to drive to work because I can't be arsed to take a bus every day."

"

Just because it doesn't affect damage or touch combat mechanics doesn't mean it's always ethical.

So far, none of your arguments say that a stash tab is "essential" to playing the game.
Assuming 1st character:
1st tab for currency, essence, maps
2nd for gems and jewels
3rd future gear for that character
4th legendaries for future characters
Enought for 1st character to have some fun and check the game.

If you plan to make second or more characters, or plan to run endgame very hard, then you liked the game, it is official. The company deserve their penny.

There is cinema tickets rule. How many theaters movies you spent ingame.

Minor complain: There is no stach bundle for 10$
Last edited by felixsylvaris on Dec 1, 2016, 12:53:49 PM
This thread is totally ridiculous lmao.

The tabs are more than enough to get started and if anything help newboys know that hoarding is actually just a waste of time.
I didn't read all 7 pages of replies, but it's a little appalling to see all the self-entitlement for a legitimately free game. Over the last 2 years I've only bought 12 premium stash tabs and have managed just fine. I think it cost me 10 dollars when they were on sale perhaps? PoE gives you all actual game content free of charge and asks you to pay $10-20 for convenience. I admit, if you're planning on being a long-term player, 4 stash tabs isn't enough. But if you would pay upwards of $20 (standard $60 for AAA titles) for actual content in another game, why are you complaining about spending $20 for stash tabs in a game that you play a lot and enjoy? Even if you only played the game for 40 days in a year, that's $.50/day. I don't get where all the rage about this comes from.

The biggest problem I find with games that offer content for free and ask for money in exchange for some convenience is that they open the door to people that get used to the mindset that they deserve everything for free. In essence, your complaints about this are insinuating that everyone who works behind the scenes at GGG should work for free. I don't know about you, but when I go to work I expect to be paid for what I do.
Last edited by BlitzkriegDC on Dec 1, 2016, 12:59:31 PM
"
BestMageKR wrote:

Yeah at first it was " we sell only cosmetic stuff guize " after this it was " we sell only convenience stuff guize " and now they are like " we sell w/e we want deal with it , i'm rick james b***h !"

And oh , it's a free to play game you don't tell me what to buy and also you can't tell me that you're not pay 2 win .

You don't have a goddamn clue. How would you? You just joined a couple of days ago.

I was able to play with 4 stashtabs in closed beta and I am damn sure I will be able to the same these days. My SSF account will prove just that, either in this or next temp league.

Like Barivius said, if you only play standard, you dont need much stash since most items are dirtcheap. With a couple of orbs you can just buy whatever you want. The mothership contains millions of very decent, yellow items; millions of leveling uniques and at least ten thousands of the rarer ones.

The reason why there is so much stuff available for grabs, is because it is stored by people who supported the bloody game. A game that you can play for free and where you can experience all the content. So a bit of respect is welcome.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Dec 1, 2016, 1:11:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info