Ethics Stash Tabs

"
BlitzkriegDC wrote:
I didn't read all 7 pages of replies, but it's a little appalling to see all the self-entitlement for a legitimately free game. Over the last 2 years I've only bought 12 premium stash tabs and have managed just fine. I think it cost me 10 dollars when they were on sale perhaps? PoE gives you all actual game content free of charge and asks you to pay $10-20 for convenience. I admit, if you're planning on being a long-term player, 4 stash tabs isn't enough. But if you would pay upwards of $20 (standard $60 for AAA titles) for actual content in another game, why are you complaining about spending $20 for stash tabs in a game that you play a lot and enjoy? Even if you only played the game for 40 days in a year, that's $.50/day. I don't get where all the rage about this comes from.

The biggest problem I find with games that offer content for free and ask for money in exchange for some convenience is that they open the door to people that get used to the mindset that they deserve everything for free. In essence, your complaints about this are insinuating that everyone who works behind the scenes at GGG should work for free. I don't know about you, but when I go to work I expect to be paid for what I do.

It's about clutter to fill up our inventory space and have a special tab after the league to fix it. People are afraid If it continues in a few years we'll have 10 special tabs filled with all kinds of random clutter.
"
First lets talk about the ethics of creating an alt account specifically to post hateful propaganda on a company's website. Don't have the guts to stand by what you have to say? Just rousing the sheep for drama? People act like GGG is kicking puppies and punching babies, but the minute they stop creating new content what do you get? That's right more complaints.

Many people are asking for this type of tab. The people that pay for the game, and support it are all but begging GGG to make more tabs like this. It really doesn't hurt those that can't afford it especially if we are seeing 1/6th spawn rates for essence mobs.

Like it or not the game is going to keep growing. You don't have to collect every damn item that drops, and you certainly don't have to hoard it forever. How many non-corrupted essences are really useful past early game when you just use whatever you find? Three?

That being said I don't have a problem with GGG upping the standard tabs by 1 0r 2 for each account. I don't see it as a long-term gain for them but I don't see it costing them that much either.

Excellent post! +1
#NeverGoing90
yeah they keep making more and more trash for people to stupidly horde

gems, maps, jewels, div cards, essences
its all trash, but its like "interesting trash"

its really friggin annoying really :P
it actually becomes - TERRIBLE game design / EXCELLENT money grabbing design

...they should be shunned for their crappy game design in this way...

but whatev i paid $20 for the game, thats all its worth, with them doing crappy crap :P
so i got 10 stash tabs and a buncha mule characters and a mule account

game is like diablo 2, in diablo 2 we ALWAYS had mule characters, so really iam staying true to the tradition of games like this :P :P
Last edited by CaoMengde on Dec 1, 2016, 3:34:33 PM

Gating enjoyment of the base game FellKindabadMang .
"
Barivius wrote:

If you stop and think, we need less space than we used to. There is a lot less worth saving including the newer currency. There is so much less gear worth saving. Saving gems (especially quality) is a waste. The chaos recipe is basically panned as inefficient. Keeping low level maps is not useful because they rain from the sky. Many unique are worth < 1c. You can safely vendor them because if you ever do need one, you can just buy it. Our trading tools are more efficient and you can move items fast if you want to. You don't need to keep rares to level with (again dirt cheap leveling uniques are available). You can readily convert currency up thanks to the currency markets. There's no need to keep tabs of scraps, alts, portal scrolls etc.

So if you want to foolishly keep a pile of non-valuable essences around and this cramps your style, I have no sympathy for you. The less space you have to start the better you will actually get at the game faster.

Only 500x more viable end game uniques, div cards, more maps, additional currency, more build variety (which means saving more gear to support those builds), more trading... yup, now that I think about it, 4 tabs is way too op, please nerf.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
TheGrommen wrote:
I never understood why people get so worked up into a frothing mess over tabs.

Just stop double fisting McDonald's Big Mac burgers for a few days and you will have some spare pocket change for a tab or two.

Some perspective.

1 Extra Stash Tab - 30 points = $3

1 Big Mac for McDonald's on average in the US = $4.80

So, a few times a week, stop stuff your face, and buy a tab or two.

You're Welcome.

Spoiler
Bit outdated but here is your worldly Big Mac cost on average http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/24/investing/big-mac-price/

:)

Unfortunately you can't win with junk food. Bet fat kids will choose that Mac over a stash tab each time :(
Pay to win stash tabs are gating the enjoyment of the game , poor new players .
Ahh i just get so amused with coments like self faund, get item cheep so whay keeping them, whay colect items of new content becouse its crap and similar.

Most people play self faund, they just need specific unique or build is no go so ehh?
Get item cheep, but whos seling them?
New content is crap so dont pick thos items, whay you should then suport it then?
Compromise mach? And then agen who is profithing from your compromise and whos manimulating market to make your life miserable.

My advice is if you do not like it just dont play the game, its realy that simple.
People this days are in age of moding content to suit their needs and nobady got time for etxical or what ever resons to debate. Whay you wast time when GGG never respont on this things, just finde something you like and have fun, its the whole point of games.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Dec 4, 2016, 8:01:16 PM
fuck the quad tabs

i mean, why even buy anything at face now when you'll be literally fucked down the road without any program for recompense

they shot down larger tabs, mtx sorting tabs, etc for the longest time. on that faith, buying premium stash tab bundles was a thing.

quad tabs fucked all, and not a damn thing you can do unless you just want to scroll more.

saltier than the dead sea right now. rip.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
I think these tabs are fine, since they're minor (if not EVEN convenience in some cases;) but what IS unethical, is access to Public Tabs being behind a paywall..

They should give everyone a free Premium Tab imo to allow them to ACTUALLY trade. A lot of newer players have no idea about trading, or the fact that Premum tabs even facilitate that..

I think that giving people a taste, would get people who would have bought them, to buy them/more. And the whole abuse with multiple accounts is no different than normal Stash Tabs.. So that's not really an argument.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 7, 2016, 10:23:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info