Ethics Stash Tabs

"
TheGrommen wrote:
I never understood why people get so worked up into a frothing mess over tabs.

Just stop double fisting McDonald's Big Mac burgers for a few days and you will have some spare pocket change for a tab or two.

Some perspective.

1 Extra Stash Tab - 30 points = $3

1 Big Mac for McDonald's on average in the US = $4.80

So, a few times a week, stop stuff your face, and buy a tab or two.

You're Welcome.

Spoiler
Bit outdated but here is your worldly Big Mac cost on average http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/24/investing/big-mac-price/

1 bigmac could potentially save me from starvation if I have to go without eating for 2 weeks.

That value is a lot less subjective and a lot more objective at that point.

A stash tab becomes a lot more objective and a lot less subjective as you start reaching a point where it's going to save you from starvation in game.

When all your space is put towards currency, gems, cards, maps, etc. you're not even able to spare room for gear for builds or selling. It's not like these people are saying you need to hoard every single superior and yellow item in the world ( how you going to make late game currencies at the start? ).

That being said...we're talking about ethics, not monetary equivalency.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
TheGrommen wrote:
I never understood why people get so worked up into a frothing mess over tabs.

Just stop double fisting McDonald's Big Mac burgers for a few days and you will have some spare pocket change for a tab or two.

Some perspective.

1 Extra Stash Tab - 30 points = $3

1 Big Mac for McDonald's on average in the US = $4.80

So, a few times a week, stop stuff your face, and buy a tab or two.

You're Welcome.

Spoiler
Bit outdated but here is your worldly Big Mac cost on average http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/24/investing/big-mac-price/

1 bigmac could potentially save me from starvation if I have to go without eating for 2 weeks.

If you're starving, stop playing a PC game. You need to have better priorities.

Making all kinds of gains.
Honestly, I don't think the specialized stash tabs are the problem, but I do agree there is a problem.
with all the new stuff added to the game (essences, prophecies, etc), playing with 4 tabs - something that once was annoying and meant giving up on stuff, reached to the point where its VERY frustrating and makes me feel like im "forced" to buy stash tabs to enjoy the game, something I realized when playing SSF (which means I didn't even have a tab for trading) on a new account.

now, don't get me wrong - I have over 50 tabs, and I think the game is worth dropping a couple (hundred) dollars every now and then, but I don't buy the whole "ethical" MTX's shenanigans.

TL;DR - while playing SSF on a new account I found out its very annoying to play with 4 stash tabs with all the new items added to the game over the year. we need another free tab or two.
They lost money from currency tabs considering each one saves 5-20 actual stash tabs,

I don't mind paying a little money for convenience, I mind having to click 200 small shards/frags/essences.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
_Kris wrote:
Hai guys,

The success of the Bait-and-Switch fooled a lot of people to think we had Ethics when we launched the game back in the Salad days. We were unwilling to resist the sale of rented pixel space because we weren't sure if Ethics were going to stick around for the long term. Now that we've decided to inflict never-ending bloat as a part of the core game going forwards, the Ethics Tab has been greenlit.

We plan to implement an "Expunge All" button for this tab that lets you dispose of all ethics that could be combined at the vendor to the next tier. There will be an option to specify the maximum trashcan to expunge to, if you don't want to sellout your mortal souls.

Spoiler

While we like suckering cash and have put a lot of work into it, we'd love to hear your feedback. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can introduce more self-inflicted bloat. We may not use the suggestions, but we'd rather hear them before it's released while it's still easy to change stuff.

Isn't it against the rules to pretend to be a GGG member?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Dec 1, 2016, 3:50:12 AM
Is this ethic to play game and not pay for it?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
restricted stash makes you play the game more effectively. ever been this way and ever will be.

if you spend the time advancing your character which you otherwise waste for micromanaging your "whealth" you're faster at endgame than anybody with plenty of stash space.

---

mass trading and mass hoading are time killers or side games to keep you busy. the one item you can sell for multiple exalts is worth multiple stash tabs of sold 1c items and needs less space and less time to handle the sale.

the game has some 100k core players with a small percentage supporting to pay server costs, network infrastruture, office rent, failed experiments in russia and sea as well as 90 support people and developers at the ggg hq.

the game did cost several million $ to make so far. make the math yourself how that would be possible with no strong incentive to support at all.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
its obvious. stacks of 9 for essences, when infact it couldve been 9999... and even then it would waste precious space

i stopped playing the game ONLY cause of inventory space. that's all.

Peace,
-Boem-
GGG is a good company. They don't deserve this garbage. Shame on you.

"
kelongngu wrote:
i've got a solution for you, don't pick them up.
You can thank me later.

Why play the game if you dont pick up items? doesnt make any sense in a game FULL OF ITEMS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info