[2.5] Fire Nova Mine (Sabo) - Perfect League Starter - Very Low Budget - Fast Clearspeed - HC Viable

Hi everyone,

I played Firenovamine in Hardcore Essence and reached level 95.
No close calls, and really nice clearspeed.

You don't need any specific Uniques and can use all your gear to cap resistences and get as much
Life as possible.

I did a video guide, where I show the power of the build in some high maps and explain everything.
It is a pretty long video, but there is a timetable in the bottom middle where you can just jump to the parts you are interested in.

This build (at least in this budget version) is not Uber Atziri and Shaper viable since you will run out of Mana.The Guardians are also pretty hard. I explain it pretty detailed in the video guide. T1-T15 is no problem.

Look at this build as a first character in a new League that can clear superfast and make you a ton of currenzy early in a league.

Gear
As you can see my gear is super crappy, but I never had to upgrade it through trading and could safe all my moneys I made for my 2nd build.

Bandits
Oak , Passive, Passive

Gem Setups
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Setup:

Fire Nova Mine - Minefield Support - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration

5L: Add Trap and Mine Damage Support
6L: Add Controlled Destruction

4 Link:

Vaal Clarity - Increased Duration - Faster Cast - Decoy Totem

4 Link:

Immortal Call (lvl 5) - Enfeeble (lvl 7) - CwdT (lvl 3) - Inc duration

4 Link:

Leap Slam - Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

3 Link:

Enfeeble - Temp Chains - Blasphemy

3 Link:

Summon Stone Golem - Portal - Faster Cast

Leveling
You can use Fire Nova Mine from level 12 onwards, its really strong for leveling.

Get a +1 Fire Sceptre/Wand (vendor recipe: Magic Wand + Ruby Ring + Alteration) and add Minefield Support ( act 1 after killing brutus) and Elemental Focus ( act 2 after killing Weaver).

Once you have a 4Link you will probably add fire pen. I would even add fire pen as the 3rd link but you won't have it by then since you get it after doing the Library Quest.

With this 4Link Setup you should be able to get to merciless dried lake.

Mana might be a problem, so use clarity and have always the highest Manaflask available to you.Try to get your hands on a vaal clarity as soon as possible and link it with inc duration

"
This might not be "budget" (no idea) but should help the mana issue:
https://twitter.com/RoryRackham/status/804493879407886336/photo/1

This new unique might be a way to solve the Mana Issues with this build + corrupting is fun. You won't have to corrupt any super expensive Uniques anyways.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or below the Youtube Video.

Greetings Kikos

IGN (1MHC): KikosO_O
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 21, 2016 9:35:55 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017 9:43:51 AM
what tier of maps did u get to in essence?
Highest Tier was T15. T15 is easy doable , but you cant really do guardians/Shaper/Uberatziri since you will run out of Mana. In the video guide posted I explain it pretty detailed.
"
Completed 27 ChallengesKikosLive wrote:
Highest Tier was T15. T15 is easy doable , but you cant really do guardians/Shaper/Uberatziri since you will run out of Mana. In the video guide posted I explain it pretty detailed.

thanks for the answer! I'll watch the video when I get the chance. How was lab w/ the build?
"
Completed 30 Challengeseirstryder wrote:

thanks for the answer! I'll watch the video when I get the chance. How was lab w/ the build?

Merciless Lab was no problem at all.

You don't really need the last 2 points, so I didn't do Endgame Lab, I think endgame lab wouldn't be a problem, but to be honest , I was too much of a pussy to do all the trials, lol. :D

I am just super bad at dodging traps, so it just wasn't worth those 2 points for me.
By the way ... for people who wanna play Blade Flurry - I think it is a great league plan to just play fire nova mine in the beginning , make as much currenzy as fast as possible and then just respec to assassin blade flurry as soon as you have the needed items ready.

I myself wanna play blade flurry but i am not sure if BF really shines on a budget, especially given the nerfs in the patch notes.
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 1, 2016 11:00:45 AM
Nice Build, i was just searching for one to start of the new League when i will play PoE again.
I will post my Experience in this Thread when i tested/played it.
Also thanks for sharing!
And dont forget to stay safe! :p

~MRM
How was the progression from normal to merciless, is it as fast as the maps you ran in the video, or did any of the bosses pose any real threat. Still looking at which class to play and this build is certainly a contender.

Just looking for that one build which can steam roll into merciless to gather the currency.

Thanks for sharing and look forward to a response.
My first build on shadow was a trapper. This one looks awesome as a new league starter, will try it out!
I just did a bit of selffound leveling in standard. Once you get the Fire Nova mine together with Minefield it's very good. (Level 12) I can see this build going really far with just a 4-Link. Great job! Will roll this one with some minor differences in the skill tree. :)
Last edited by tehprell on Dec 1, 2016 3:33:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info