[2.5] Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan]

"
kaptik wrote:
Hi! Playing this build with minor changes as a league-starter, but i think it`ll be hard to achieve critcap.
Critcap isnt truly essential for the build, the thing is to get near crit-cap (80% and above is fine), we'll be hitting/critting so many enemies with Melee Splash that we wont have any problems with keeping Endurance and Power charges up.

Increased Crit: 335% (Passive Tree) + 250% (5 Power Charges) + ~90% (Lvl 20 Crit Gem) + 30% (Ice Golem) = 705% Increased Crit Chance, which gives a multiplier of 8.05
Base Crit: 8.4% (Decent Hegemony's Era) + 1.9% (Crit Gem) = 10.3% Base Crit
Final Crit: 10.3 * 8.05 = 82.9% Crit Chance

Above formula also excludes extra crit from rings/jewels and optional itemization such as Maligaro's Virtuosity, so crit wont be one of our problems ;)

"
kaptik wrote:
What do you think about changing hinekora to a new Voice of the Storm unique? Is that 10% chance to dodge spells really essential, maybe critcap is accecible in other ways, or it`s not THAT important to generate echarges?
The reason why we use Hinekora's Sight is not because of Dodge or Blind Immune, but the immense amount of accuracy we get from it. Accuracy is a really important stat, twice so for crit builds, since it is rolled for the attack to hit and once more to check if it crits. The Dodge and Blind Immune are just extras which fit nicely into our build.
Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Dec 12, 2016, 9:41:54 PM
Also, as an above poster mentioned, is HoI/Ice Bite really worth running?
I was considering running a CWDT/ice golem or something instead, unsure how much the aura is actually helping.

Fiddling with dropping Essence Worm/Hatred to open another ring slot to easier cap resists, dropping HoI and just running Blasph + Hatred. Seems to be much easier to gear right, and I dont see much being offered from HoI
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Dec 5, 2016, 3:30:00 AM
Thanks a lot for the write up :)
Hey there i am currently lvl 67 with your build and the only big issue i have found is the mana issues especially on bosses like dominus etc those with almost no adds. and because of that i was wondering instead of fortify gem why not use blood magic and then i could spend all those other passives on something else instead of mana on hit.
I'm following your build very closely, level 72 with hegemony, but I don't understand how you cap res.
considering you can get up to ~125% resist from one ring slot, it shouldn't be too difficult.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Probably a stupid question, but why Hegemony? Is it for Knockback for survivability? I've never played Flicker Strike before, so maybe it's common knowledge?
"
Talehon wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but why Hegemony? Is it for Knockback for survivability? I've never played Flicker Strike before, so maybe it's common knowledge?

I got a hegemony and it's great for generating power and endurance charges with the knockback on critical. The only problem I'm actually having is keeping frenzy charges up, especially against magic mobs. It's really a pain in the ass when you run out of charges. Considering selling out and going oros raider. You can check my character KGBFOAM for my items and passives so far.
Similar to Rhiyer's post, not only am I sometimes having problems with magic packs that have beefy mobs but more so map bosses are becoming quite the problem. I am level 78 and I have Hege's (check character for gear/passives) and bosses are taking really long to die. Just now I did T6 Canyon map and I used up all 6 portals trying to kill it (RIP map bonus completion).

It was just a mixture of not being able to keep frenzy charges up and just unable to sustain life.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there just a piece of gear in your guide that's meant for dealing with issues like this and I just don't have it yet?\

If you check my profile I will have Life Leech linked because I tried using that against the boss and when I did I just alt+f4'd. What would be the best gem to swap melee splash with on single targer, would it be Fortify or is there something better?

Just noticed that linking Inc. duration with Blasphemy will increase the mana reservation from the curse for some reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info