[2.5] Era of Flicker [Compact Build Plan]

looks pretty solid.

Hedgemony's only really key item it looks like. But you can run RT for awhile, if you can't get your hands on that. And skip the crit nodes.

I'd go Veil/slaughter over chase. (immune to elem status.)

no fending? lions roar/knockback flask?

blade vortex cdwt should be very solid for generating frenzy charges.
A second selfcast one to get it up and running before going in, might be ideal as well.
Last edited by Casia on Nov 30, 2016, 12:40:08 PM
Its build for deadeye or raider? Look's nice.
Why did you put Immortal call lvl 1?
lvl 3 is 38.. same as CWDT lvl 1
ign: BoMann
"
bukiet95 wrote:
Its build for deadeye or raider? Look's nice.

Did you read the patch notes?

Flicker = need frenzy

Raider = lots of frenzy

Deadeye = whatever.
firt time trying flicker ima be back with results :D
"
Keyen wrote:
I don't get the point of HoI. The damage increase is weak, and you are not using it for curse spread. So I think you would do far better without the essence worm, and Hatred + blasphemy.

Yea, reason why I took HoI in the first place was mainly because of Eye Candy combination with Hatred, but thanks to your reply I think I'll ditch Vaal Haste (It's somewhat annoying to activate it every 10s in between flickering) and link HoI with Poachers Mark and CoH, that way I'll be able to run Vulnerability on Blasph all time, further increasing Phys and Poison dmg! Just a lil worried about mana management with that change since it takes 43/60 mana per use (with 5/6 link)

"
Keyen wrote:
I will not run a third frenzy charges generator. I think 45% is high enough.

Just wanted to point out that 25% (Blood Rage) + 20% (New Way of the Poacher) doesnt add up to 45% chance on kill, since its not additive (it's only 40%, ok not too far off, but still!) and with Poacher at around 35% chance it'll be around 61% total chance to get at least 1 frenzy charge on kill.

"
Keyen wrote:
I don't think the power charge is worth it, since it's 17% crit chance per point.

Not sure what you mean here, the extra power charge near the templar area? It's 25% increased crit per passive point spent to that node?

"
Keyen wrote:
I will probably go Atziri step + Hyrri Ire + rare amulet. I think losing the chest slot is less important than the amulet one. The build is not curse reliant.

Its true that I didnt think of relying on curses that much, but since it does give poison on hit with blasphemy (and also with additional changes I am planning to do thanks to your feedback!) it's a nice choice for the build, also reason why i go Hinekora as amu is so I can ditch accuracy gem to hit accuracy cap (or near acc cap, which is important for crit builds without "Hits can't Evade" mod)

"
Keyen wrote:
And I think you can level with flicker as soon as you finish the N lab. If you don't have a garbage weapon, and if you use poacher mark during leveling, you should be good.

Problem here is that I am planning to play with friends on day one (and Flicker isnt party-friendly), so its that plus the fact I usually rush content while lvling until Im in Merciless and do Labs after that :)

"
DatQuaser wrote:
why do you have a blade vortex lvl 1 linked to your cast when damage taken setup?

With the new patch notes it states that "Way of the Poacher now has a 20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill or on hitting a rare or unique enemy." which means you want to hit your enemies as much as possible so you can keep flickering vs single target, which was something that Flicker Strike had problems with in the past (blade vortex at lvl 1 and 1 blade up will have a 20% chance to generate a frenzy charge every 0.54s vs Uniques and Rares)

"
Casia wrote:
Hedgemony's only really key item it looks like. But you can run RT for awhile, if you can't get your hands on that.

That's what Im planning to do ;)

"
Casia wrote:
I'd go Veil/slaughter over chase. (immune to elem status.)

It's something Ive been considering, but for now Ill go the more offensive route and pick Avatar of Chase/Slaughter, if I am satisfied with my damage or unsatisfied with my defense I might change it later on

"
Casia wrote:
no fending? lions roar/knockback flask?

Wont be needed with Blunt Trauma in passive tree + Hegemony ;)

"
BoMann wrote:
Why did you put Immortal call lvl 1?

It's true that it says Lvl 1 in the pic, but its mainly to clarify that it's going to be kept at a low level together with CWDT, so yes, if we're gonna be nit-picky it should say lvl 3 :)
Also known as: Noxterous
Last edited by Zelkor on Nov 30, 2016, 7:30:44 PM
Hi, cool build. This will probably be my league starter. Would you mind adding a couple leveling skill trees? (30 points, 60 points, etc.) It would be much appreciated, thanks!
"
Hi, cool build. This will probably be my league starter. Would you mind adding a couple leveling skill trees? (30 points, 60 points, etc.) It would be much appreciated, thanks!

FTFY ;)
Also known as: Noxterous
"
Casia wrote:
blade vortex cdwt should be very solid for generating frenzy charges.
A second selfcast one to get it up and running before going in, might be ideal as well.

CWDT Blade Vortex is probably the best plan for sustaining frenzy charges, but I'm eyeing Molten Strike + Multistrike + Greater Multiple Projectiles (+ Faster Attacks or Conc Effect depending on what the spread ends up being) for my own flicker build. 24 hits per button press means you can reliably generate at least 3 charges every time you run out, and have better-than-even odds of getting at least 5.
Last edited by Siosilvar on Dec 1, 2016, 2:55:16 AM
There is any replacement of cospri and kintsuri ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info