So basically GGG only wants us playing CI builds

"
monkuar wrote:

Energy from Within being nerfed != ES being nerfed LOL!

When I use the word nerf, I never intend any connotations of intensity. For me, lowering a player's damage from 1,000,000 to 999,998 is a nerf.

A solid number of ES builds likely use Energy from Within. Hence, the jewel nerf nerfs ES builds, though perhaps not by much.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
So

A nerf to CI - 6-9%ES lost out of 200-250-300-whatever% your build is using. You are losing like 50es on 14000es builds.

A nerf to Life Based Builds - wanna map? How about go in half naked? Whose idea it was to literally chop block, dodge, evasion and armour in half?

Soooooooooo

You can get 8% es jewels along with other stats

Wasnt energy from within like 6-12%? its not even that big of a nerf

Also i have an CI ES BV build that has 45k ES and doesnt even use energy from within
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
ES was nerfed though:

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Content Update 2.5.0
Unique Item Balance Changes:
  • Soul Strike's faster start of energy shield recharge has been reduced to 80%. A Divine Orb can be used to reroll the stats within this new range.
  • Energy From Within's additional energy shield has been reduced to 3-6%. A Divine Orb can be used to reroll the stats within this new range.

based on what I heard, Soul Strike nerf is massive, wish I had a legacy Soul Strike to sell for $$$mega exalts$$$

Who the heck was actually using this item? I'm so confused, is there some sort of secret SS meta?

This nerf is on par with blood dance life regen nerf in surprise factor.

Secret?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1725492

or you know Bow SRS CI...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrP1N2I-q40
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Nov 30, 2016, 4:18:13 AM
"
Lynerus wrote:
Also i have an CI ES BV build that has 45k ES and doesnt even use energy from within

Yeah, I'm willing to call you out on that. 45k ES is either total bullshit, or you have some godly gear/passive tree that's never been discovered before and you're a genius. Either way, I'm intrigued to see your response.

The highest ES character I've seen was Dy'Ness' ES regeneration tank, which didn't have nearly as much as you claim to have, only having around 20-something thousand. Dy'Ness' tank also couldn't really function very well offensively, and is mainly based around cast when damage taken setups. Even if they aren't the highest possible ES character, which I know they definitely aren't, you still claim double what they have. And, you're claiming it's a Blade Vortex character, to me implying it has a reasonable damage output.

I also had a quick peek at your character page, none of them had any es gear that would be able to come close to 20k, let alone 45k, but maybe you have an alt or something. I dunno, I mainly just wanna see your 45k ES character :^)
"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:

Yeah, I'm willing to call you out on that. 45k ES is either total bullshit, or you have some godly gear/passive tree that's never been discovered before and you're a genius. Either way, I'm intrigued to see your response.

The highest ES character I've seen was Dy'Ness' ES regeneration tank, which didn't have nearly as much as you claim to have, only having around 20-something thousand. Dy'Ness' tank also couldn't really function very well offensively, and is mainly based around cast when damage taken setups. Even if they aren't the highest possible ES character, which I know they definitely aren't, you still claim double what they have. And, you're claiming it's a Blade Vortex character, to me implying it has a reasonable damage output.

I also had a quick peek at your character page, none of them had any es gear that would be able to come close to 20k, let alone 45k, but maybe you have an alt or something. I dunno, I mainly just wanna see your 45k ES character :^)

Its 46.4k now i think but i lost like 20k BV damage

edit: this build isnt made its just what could be i dont have this char as it would take to much to make the items for me :P

edit2: also here is the tree (2 nodes need to be removed and 1 int node and placed into the 3 reduced mana/buff effect nodes) https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDABzcQYdZ848aN4P56Oq6gOCnKzdmNsVmVLiT74iExYXF7-uhLxslxPZXyUuuFdeGrh8CcqnsGNfPlS6-ir0nf8ZmnhhWBAc0Cg18X2oqOENjr2ysql3yKPq3aMHzES-TJ0PITwSSKwFv34rQ0BFQ8NXBxabr6QKQ1sauVmOCx746lSCDCdsaC2EYPKUYjHZMsyy_SbGLerQMlG-P-jW5m7UHHhB7Qkuio4PMDkhxTW0Z2Vsi6ujWtzFcilxrg1--gMEAcg-az35saPJtbOtjKwp71xGWPC1rF8NtSVEdmU5S-TfQH4RI53SxkJ48LR_K08M6LKbi97VI_QAdT0Zxtz71Sy2o
Last edited by Lynerus on Nov 30, 2016, 6:57:20 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
ES was nerfed though:

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Content Update 2.5.0
Unique Item Balance Changes:
  • Soul Strike's faster start of energy shield recharge has been reduced to 80%. A Divine Orb can be used to reroll the stats within this new range.
  • Energy From Within's additional energy shield has been reduced to 3-6%. A Divine Orb can be used to reroll the stats within this new range.

based on what I heard, Soul Strike nerf is massive, wish I had a legacy Soul Strike to sell for $$$mega exalts$$$

Who the heck was actually using this item? I'm so confused, is there some sort of secret SS meta?

This nerf is on par with blood dance life regen nerf in surprise factor.

Soulstrike was unbelievable for bow ES users, if it was your only faster start item your recharge started in ~ 0.7 seconds instead of 2.

Lots of people used it
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:

Its 46.4k now i think but i lost like 20k BV damage

edit: this build isnt made its just what could be i dont have this char as it would take to much to make the items for me :P

Your edit note proves that it's total BS so. Taking a guardian build with +380% es as example is quite funny. You can also create a build with 300%+ life, legacy kaom and reach 20k life with at least 50% armor mitigation against big 10k+ hits. Physical EHP would be 40k ish with life then.

My point is, current meta is ES indeed, but I don't feel like life is actually any weaker than ES. The fact that most top streamers player ES characters doesn't mean life is bad. Imho life is overall weaker against elemental damage but better against physical damage. People tend to forget that Life builds come with quite a bit of other mitigation sources, like armor, pure reduction (Soul of Steel/endurance charges), evasion, dodge). And by the way, dodge/evasion is still a thing in hc leagues.

Although you can of course keep going with the current meme, "Nerf ES, Buff Life". You'd basically just follow some random streamers point of views.

To get back to the subject, in my experience (I have been playing poe since the open beta release, skipped some leagues, but played most of them, always in hc) in the current state of the game, life and es are kinda balanced. It is as easy to get 10k es as it's to get 6.5k hp with any lvl80+ character. Given the additional mitigation I found that life builds are much better against physical, and quite a bit weaker against elemental. What makes ES builds feel so strong is more the instant leech with vinktar than anything else imo.

Last point, the highest es pool I have seen so far (I mean in the real game) was around 18k es, while the tankiest life build was around 14k... not that big a difference after all.

ps: English is NOT my native language, sorry in advance.

edit: As for stoulstrike quiver, I do agree it is a BIG nerf, occulist's passive + this quiver was so freaking strong defensively speaking. I say it as someone that actually used it with several characters, but of course you can keep believing that no one was using it ^^ who am I to disagree ?

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Nov 30, 2016, 7:20:06 AM
Its not BS because never said i had a char with the build i just said i had a build... its still doable so it can be real if someone had the currency to make it

Also im not sure you can get 20k hp even with leg kaoms and every node on the tree but i didnt try
Regardless of GGG decisions, I'm going to play life armor/evasion based character and you won't see me complain that it is bad, cause it isn't.

After playing ci for whole essence I figured it is not my thing and I was actually far more limited on map mods than with life chars.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info