So basically GGG only wants us playing CI builds

"
Lynerus wrote:
Its not BS because never said i had a char with the build i just said i had a build... its still doable so it can be real if someone had the currency to make it

Also im not sure you can get 20k hp even with leg kaoms and every node on the tree but i didnt try

Yes you can get 20K Life with legacy Kaoms. It's been done.

Yes your near unplayable shit build does nothing to advance the argument of ES superiority. It stops mattering completely at like 18K. 20K ES functionally = 40K ES. Take it from someone who has used some pretty high ES builds, and never bothered to stand near a guardian.
FYI, Souls Strike nerf:

Before: ES recharge starts after 0.8 seconds
After: ES recharge starts after 1.111 seconds

A lot of happen during that 0.311 seconds, but frankly doesn't seem like big deal.
Not a signature.
The best possible items crafted with soon-to-be-legacy essence of woes give ES as follows:
Chest 1007
Boots 363
Gloves 354
Helmet 548
Shield 693
Belt 131
Rings 51 x2
Amulet 51
Heartbreaker 50

I'm not sure if it's possible to get +2 levels to all gems, but I'm going to guess +1 to all and another +1 to supports or some such combination is possible. Socketing a level 4 empower with level 21 discipline and vaal discipline would make the auras level 27. The given tree has 10% increased aura effect. This results in the following base ES values:
Discipline 447
Vaal Discipline 1339

The tree also gives 54 base ES. In total that's 5085 base ES.

The tree gives 380% increased ES. The screenshot has 908 intelligence which gives another 181% increased ES. Rings and amulets can give 20 + 20 + 22 = 62% increased ES. Total increases come out to 623%.

Finally there's the 15% more ES node behind CI.

That brings the final value to 5085 * 7.23 * 1.15 = 42279 ES. That's a couple thousand short of the claimed value, but I'm just going to assume I forgot something. Maybe there's a better ES weapon, or maybe I forgot some piece of unique armour. The tree could also have energized armour jewels socketed near the armour nodes (not sure if this would show up in the offline planning tool). At any rate the claim is plausible for a theoretical build if not for a practical one due to the insane luck requirement for hitting the absolute best ES mods together with everything else that's needed.

"
Lynerus wrote:
Also i have an CI ES BV build that has 45k ES and doesnt even use energy from within

(Emphasis mine.) I think most people would interpret your statement as "I have an existing character with this build", when in fact you only have planned the build.
> So basically GGG only wants us playing CI builds

and how it is an issue ? You play what you want, not what GGG wants to.
IGN TylordRampage
Who was using Soul Strike? Everyone who realized how strong it was combined with Occultist...
U MAD?
"
databeaver wrote:
The best possible items crafted with soon-to-be-legacy essence of woes give ES as follows:
Chest 1007
Boots 363
Gloves 354
Helmet 548
Shield 693
Belt 131
Rings 51 x2
Amulet 51
Heartbreaker 50

I'm not sure if it's possible to get +2 levels to all gems, but I'm going to guess +1 to all and another +1 to supports or some such combination is possible. Socketing a level 4 empower with level 21 discipline and vaal discipline would make the auras level 27. The given tree has 10% increased aura effect. This results in the following base ES values:
Discipline 447
Vaal Discipline 1339

The tree also gives 54 base ES. In total that's 5085 base ES.

The tree gives 380% increased ES. The screenshot has 908 intelligence which gives another 181% increased ES. Rings and amulets can give 20 + 20 + 22 = 62% increased ES. Total increases come out to 623%.

Finally there's the 15% more ES node behind CI.

That brings the final value to 5085 * 7.23 * 1.15 = 42279 ES. That's a couple thousand short of the claimed value, but I'm just going to assume I forgot something. Maybe there's a better ES weapon, or maybe I forgot some piece of unique armour. The tree could also have energized armour jewels socketed near the armour nodes (not sure if this would show up in the offline planning tool). At any rate the claim is plausible for a theoretical build if not for a practical one due to the insane luck requirement for hitting the absolute best ES mods together with everything else that's needed.

"
Lynerus wrote:
Also i have an CI ES BV build that has 45k ES and doesnt even use energy from within

(Emphasis mine.) I think most people would interpret your statement as "I have an existing character with this build", when in fact you only have planned the build.

8 x 8% es jewels and ephemeral (50% es) but this isnt using that sword since it loweres BV damage to much

Also 70k DPS BV is higher damage then my sunder build as it is (but not when i have full buffs but i dont have them all the time) and i only have 12k armor and 5.3k life

And since im not sure if melee totems give bonus damage to BV i didnt add that in (they dont on pathofbuilding at least)
Last edited by Lynerus on Nov 30, 2016, 1:41:46 PM
"
databeaver wrote:

Saying you have a build for a character generally implies you actually, you know, have the character. If I were to say "I have a crit sweep build with 8k life and almost 1 mill tooltip with conc effect" then people would generally ask to see my character, in which case I would actually show them my character. Although technically he is right, he never actually said he has the character at all. But that being said, so what? Bragging about a theory craft is about as impressive as bragging about seeing someone post a 1k ES chest into global chat.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:

Saying you have a build for a character generally implies you actually, you know, have the character. If I were to say "I have a crit sweep build with 8k life and almost 1 mill tooltip with conc effect" then people would generally ask to see my character, in which case I would actually show them my character. Although technically he is right, he never actually said he has the character at all. But that being said, so what? Bragging about a theory craft is about as impressive as bragging about seeing someone post a 1k ES chest into global chat.

It wasnt bragging it was to show that you can get 234234234 es and still get damage when my sunder life build as -90% the life this build would have and less damage for the same amount of nodes

thus life/armor and melee need buffs... and the only thing they did was make life and armor builds worse by lower block/armor on map mods
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:

Yeah, I'm willing to call you out on that. 45k ES is either total bullshit, or you have some godly gear/passive tree that's never been discovered before and you're a genius. Either way, I'm intrigued to see your response.

The highest ES character I've seen was Dy'Ness' ES regeneration tank, which didn't have nearly as much as you claim to have, only having around 20-something thousand. Dy'Ness' tank also couldn't really function very well offensively, and is mainly based around cast when damage taken setups. Even if they aren't the highest possible ES character, which I know they definitely aren't, you still claim double what they have. And, you're claiming it's a Blade Vortex character, to me implying it has a reasonable damage output.

I also had a quick peek at your character page, none of them had any es gear that would be able to come close to 20k, let alone 45k, but maybe you have an alt or something. I dunno, I mainly just wanna see your 45k ES character :^)

Its 46.4k now i think but i lost like 20k BV damage

edit: this build isnt made its just what could be i dont have this char as it would take to much to make the items for me :P

edit2: also here is the tree (2 nodes need to be removed and 1 int node and placed into the 3 reduced mana/buff effect nodes) https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDABzcQYdZ848aN4P56Oq6gOCnKzdmNsVmVLiT74iExYXF7-uhLxslxPZXyUuuFdeGrh8CcqnsGNfPlS6-ir0nf8ZmnhhWBAc0Cg18X2oqOENjr2ysql3yKPq3aMHzES-TJ0PITwSSKwFv34rQ0BFQ8NXBxabr6QKQ1sauVmOCx746lSCDCdsaC2EYPKUYjHZMsyy_SbGLerQMlG-P-jW5m7UHHhB7Qkuio4PMDkhxTW0Z2Vsi6ujWtzFcilxrg1--gMEAcg-az35saPJtbOtjKwp71xGWPC1rF8NtSVEdmU5S-TfQH4RI53SxkJ48LR_K08M6LKbi97VI_QAdT0Zxtz71Sy2o

lmao. CI and paint attunement. Nice build
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
Shazamarang wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:

It wasnt bragging it was to show that you can get 234234234 es and still get damage when my sunder life build as -90% the life this build would have and less damage for the same amount of nodes

thus life/armor and melee need buffs... and the only thing they did was make life and armor builds worse by lower block/armor on map mods

No shit lol. If we're talking hypothetical situations, I've theory crafted a crit staff character that gets 15k life and deals more than 1 mill area damage, and almost 2 mill single target damage. Of course it uses a legacy Kaoms, mirrored jewelry and an Onslaught Song (the mirror staff), which is gear I'll very likely never even touch. You can't say "you can get <x> life/shield and still deal <y> damage wow it's so OP!" when you take into account mirror tier equipment that you're never going to get, and 99.99% of the games population will never come close to getting. You're basing your character build and saying it's OP based off of the literal top percentage of gear, which is retarded, sorry to say.

It's the exact same reason people judge GGG for their balance decisions. I'm not siding with either GGG or the community on this argument, but basing everything off of literally the top 0.01% is absolutely absurd.

I've made a "build" with more than 9k energy shield and more than 60% block at level 40, and one of my friends has a level 40 that's actually been made with more than 8k ES at level 40. I've cleared Uber Lab solo on a level 40. I've cleared Atziri solo on a level 40. I've killed level 95-100's in merciless Sarn Arena in standard on a level 40. Does that make my specific build or mechanics overpowered? No. Of course not. Because it's only achievable using near perfect equipment that I guarantee no regular player at that level will have access to, and it's absurd to even consider balancing anything around what those characters have achieved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info