[2.5]Life based Elemental Inquisitor, Blade Flurry

Have you considered a hyaon's Fury? The ele dmg is huge, but the base crit is lower. You might have to go ele overload instead of power charges.
Have you considered transitioning into CI?
hyaon's fury isn't really ideal, since we want to have as much crit chance on the weapon as possible (for inevitable judgement).

if we do some math: assuming we have 600 increased crit chance from skill points and gear.
both hyaons fury and a good rolled foil have both average elemental damage of 300 (not dps!). both have the same attack speed.

5 base critchance from hyaons fury + 2 from lvl 21 inc. critical strikes gem = 7 critchance.

7 base critchance from foil + 2 from lvl 21 inc. critical strikes gem = 9 critchance.

7+7*6.00 = 49 % chance to crit with hyaons fury.

9+9*6.00 = 63 % chance to crit with a normal foil.

assuming we have a map with monsters who have all resistances of 50% (each element).
we hit 100 times.

with the hyaon: 49*300 + 51*300*.5 = 22350 (total damage of 100 hits)
with a rare foil: 63*300+ 37*300*.5 = 24450 (total damage of 100 hits)

so the foil wins.

the build is crit based anyways, so using elemental overload is bad.

you have 240% extra crit multi from the skill tree alone, so its 240% more damage on critical strike, elemental overload gives only 40% more, which is puny. the multiplier can be increased by jewels. I think i had around 600 crit multi in the end, which boosts my damage heavily, since the multi applies on crit, i.e. both ignored resistances and high crit multiplier just shred everything.
"
Recovary wrote:
Have you considered transitioning into CI?

CI isnt really ideal for dual wielding, you have to reach very far for the both sword and dualwield crit nodes and cant grab any %ES on the way. I would go CI only if you are ok with way less dps, means you play one handed sword/dagger with shield. IF you have an BiS dagger (400 edps) and shavs i would consider a low life ES build.

Just CI and a good edps dagger i would suggest:

For low life build:
maybe i'll try it next league, but it's gonna be hella expensive for sure^^ need shavs, heretics veil and skyforth to make this really BiS.
Last edited by Contractor on Nov 25, 2016, 2:28:58 PM
is ur built like this uber atziri/ shaper viable?
one question bro!
which is better bro?
1> Physical dagger/ claw + physical to lightning + CI tree
or 2> Elemental Sword + add lighting/cold dame + life tree?
i never played CI before so i just want to try in new league
thank you so much
"
joshrose wrote:
Have you considered a hyaon's Fury? The ele dmg is huge, but the base crit is lower. You might have to go ele overload instead of power charges.

I put up a post with Blade Flurry and Hyaon's. It's a great starting weapon for the cost (1 chaos or less), but it'll be inferior to a 1-2 exalt rare ele sword. Even with the lower base crit, my crit rate was in the 60-65% area with 4 power charges. Add in diamond flask and crit will be respectable.

"
ILIAS wrote:
is ur built like this uber atziri/ shaper viable?

should be. well i didn't do it myself but im sure it's possible. I tried the shaper, the dps was enough, but i didn't know the Shaper fight and let him explode his white orbs in the mid (those vortex thingies), which made me impossible to finish the fight. But i got the Shaper down to 40% of his hp so it definitely should be possible.
uber atziri i dont know for sure.

"
THANHPOE wrote:
one question bro!
which is better bro?
1> Physical dagger/ claw + physical to lightning + CI tree
or 2> Elemental Sword + add lighting/cold dame + life tree?
i never played CI before so i just want to try in new league
thank you so much

elemental sword for sure. i wouldn't recommend a phys to lightning gem and a phys dagger.

but if you really want to play CI, better get a dagger with all three elemental damage types (i.e. fire, cold, lightning), preferable with the highest rolls as possible.

But starting a new league, a life based build could be better. Your Choice ;)
Last edited by Contractor on Nov 28, 2016, 5:56:12 AM
Is acrobatics necessary to this build? I ask because you have a very inefficient pathing to get it, when you could use the BV Berserker pathing and go through Reflexes and get Vaal Pact and the Shadow nodes easily, and get True Strike / Hired Killer to grab back some of the crit and life you pathed over there for. Tree.

BV Berserkers use that pathing to efficently get to Vaal Pact and I wonder if it isn't as effective here as well.

[e] If you do this version you can get Graceful assault for +31% total attack damage and even path over to Ambidexterity and Iron Reflexes if you wish to, grabbing some efficiently close defenses and that juicy IAS + attack damage for a few slightly inefficient points before it.
Last edited by EJBLanky on Nov 28, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
acrobatics isn't necessary. but it's an good defensive option for evasion based builds, since when a monster tries to hit, the chance of getting hit is "double-checked", so both evasion chance and dodge chance are being checked, more about it: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion

But your pathing is an interesting idea, i will take it into consideration, it's a more offensive option.

In my opinion graceful assault isn't that strong, a silver flask will do. And when doing bossfights, i doubt that the buff will be helpful, since it needs to be triggered by killing a monster, and has only 10% chance to be triggered. I would prefer to invest the skill points in Jewel and life nodes instead.
Last edited by Contractor on Nov 28, 2016, 3:21:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info