[2.5] The Critfall Trapper | Life/CI/LL | Insane 2M+ DPS (Uber / Uber Lab) | twitch.tv/Dygnity

can do uber with this build?
I am playing this build in hcb but it is mana problems. Like I can throw one trap then I have to use Mana flask to throw the next one. This is frustration. Any idea how to fix this?

Character: DotaIsBetter
As I said before it's too dependable on mana and cooldown and random trap throwing..I've died 3 times in lunaris temple on merciless with overcapped resists and over 7000 ES. Cause damn traps miss or don't trigger. even with chain reaction and I traid with hair trigger.. I think I'm gonna respec if I can

EDIT: aaand RIP. good luck to you all
Last edited by utvara11 on Dec 12, 2016, 3:41:12 PM
Agree with some of the posts above... throwing and triggering traps is too unreliable w/o sunblast or multiple hair triggers (which gimps your dmg because you lose coated shrapnel).

Also this build is terrible for breaches because you will run out of trap charges as monsters continue running towards you and you will be eventually overwhelmed and die.

Honestly this build is better as an occulist w/ sunblast... without your traps auto detonating you will run into many occasions where you throw your cluster traps and none of them detonate because they all land around the enemy instead of on them.

I have been playing this build since beginning of league and I am planning to re-roll. If you want to do a BF trap build occulist is better for CI/LL. The ascendancies for this build don't really do much except for Chain Reaction. I honestly regret doing this build but at least I was able to farm a decent amt of currency up from low level maps to fund my next char.

TL;DR - Build not good for breaches, traps do not reliably detonate w/o sunblast, go Occulist if you really want to do this. Otherwise I would recommend a different build
"
dumbnut wrote:
Agree with some of the posts above... throwing and triggering traps is too unreliable w/o sunblast or multiple hair triggers (which gimps your dmg because you lose coated shrapnel).

Also this build is terrible for breaches because you will run out of trap charges as monsters continue running towards you and you will be eventually overwhelmed and die.

Honestly this build is better as an occulist w/ sunblast... without your traps auto detonating you will run into many occasions where you throw your cluster traps and none of them detonate because they all land around the enemy instead of on them.

I have been playing this build since beginning of league and I am planning to re-roll. If you want to do a BF trap build occulist is better for CI/LL. The ascendancies for this build don't really do much except for Chain Reaction. I honestly regret doing this build but at least I was able to farm a decent amt of currency up from low level maps to fund my next char.

TL;DR - Build not good for breaches, traps do not reliably detonate w/o sunblast, go Occulist if you really want to do this. Otherwise I would recommend a different build

I Agree... unfortunately for me this was my second failed character this league and I spent all my currency on this one :) Gonna figure something out with this gear I bought.

Before you guys give up keep in mind this needs 1 hair trigger jewel and 2 of the other ones as long as you have chain reaction.

A 6l bow is cheap AF. Get one for 20-30c and give it the spell enchant essence. Pair it with some either hybrid life/es gear for cheap or some pure es and go ci and try that out.

If running hybrid life and ES, use temporal chains blasphemy and maybe herald of ash for more damage.
"
robmasterflex wrote:
Before you guys give up keep in mind this needs 1 hair trigger jewel and 2 of the other ones as long as you have chain reaction.

A 6l bow is cheap AF. Get one for 20-30c and give it the spell enchant essence. Pair it with some either hybrid life/es gear for cheap or some pure es and go ci and try that out.

If running hybrid life and ES, use temporal chains blasphemy and maybe herald of ash for more damage.

The hair trigger is good QoL (at the cost of 1 jewel) but the fundamental issue is that this build does not work for BREACHES. The whole concept of breach is that monsters constantly run at you and with 3 trap charges you get quickly overwhelmed even on maps that are 3-5 tiers lower than you can normally clear (w/ almost 9K ES).

The build is great for single target boss killing (prob not as good and warchief totem), but in a clear speed meta you are really disadvantaged running traps. It does nothing particularly well while having many disadvantages.

Even if you want to run a BF trap build... CI/LL Occulist is VASTLY SUPERIOR. The ES and regen, additional curse etc. are FAR worth using a sunblast. So the point I'm making is that this build guide is flawed... there is an obviously better ascendancy / build that belongs in the Witch / Occulist section (and this one should be taken down or link to there).

Coming from multiple people who have invested A LOT of time in trying to make this build work from this guide... it is SUB-OPTIMAL even for people who want to play a BF trapper build
"
dumbnut wrote:
"
robmasterflex wrote:

The hair trigger is good QoL (at the cost of 1 jewel) but the fundamental issue is that this build does not work for BREACHES. The whole concept of breach is that monsters constantly run at you and with 3 trap charges you get quickly overwhelmed even on maps that are 3-5 tiers lower than you can normally clear (w/ almost 9K ES).

The build is great for single target boss killing (prob not as good and warchief totem), but in a clear speed meta you are really disadvantaged running traps. It does nothing particularly well while having many disadvantages.

Even if you want to run a BF trap build... CI/LL Occulist is VASTLY SUPERIOR. The ES and regen, additional curse etc. are FAR worth using a sunblast. So the point I'm making is that this build guide is flawed... there is an obviously better ascendancy / build that belongs in the Witch / Occulist section (and this one should be taken down or link to there).

Coming from multiple people who have invested A LOT of time in trying to make this build work from this guide... it is SUB-OPTIMAL even for people who want to play a BF trapper build

So I've played this build up to tier 10 maps. I clear breaches with a vaal ice nova trap, usually after dropping one it fills up enough to drop another. Meanwhile I can still drop bf traps; I almost always spawn a breachlord. Given, it can be rippy af, if you get surrounded. So I've changed the build quite a bit, I've taken more jewels and also some trigger detonation radius (not a fan of sunblast). With soulstrike and shitty 550 es chest I am at 8k ES as occultist. This is my current build. I decided to go for decay mod on bow as each hit from bfall inflicts a seperate decay isntance and the damage scales with trap damage, skill duration and chaos dmg. Most thing melt; one trap will be enough to kill a rare if it crits.

But, I am thinking of changing the build to something like this and then using trap - bfall - ctrap - trap and mine dmg - void manipulation - added chaos

I just dont have the currency to respec atm. Also when I hover over my bfall trap skill in the offensive page my crit chance doesnt change with power charges it stays at around 30% anyone know whats up with that?

edit: So I've changed my setup once again. I dropped controlled destruction in favour of trap cooldown, and my clearspeed is much higher now. I feel the dps loss a bit, but I have way more traps to throw, I can easily thow 8 and have 2 sets still to throw. I think the 50% cd reduction is similar to a 50% dps increase; more traps = more dmg. Also when fighting bosses I used to end up having to kite them around with not having any traps to throw; now I can constantly throw traps. FeelsGoodMan. Its also much better for breaches!
Last edited by thevdende on Dec 13, 2016, 9:43:51 AM
"
dumbnut wrote:
"
robmasterflex wrote:

I make clear that Occultist can outperform Sab at higher levels of gear. I went Sab for Chain Reaction but you dont have to. The different between the 2 trees is a pair of points at the start.

The post after you is quite accurate in how this build handles breaches. With Decay and Trap Cooldown Recovery, youll have no problem melting everything and keeping up enough traps to do so. Vaal Ice Nova is how I achieve over 300M/hr in dried lake, and that also applies decay to breaches. Temp Chains should keep everything around you slowed and you could even enfeeble as your second curse for that much more safety.

I dont think you made any adjustments to the build or playstyle and just ran head first into breaches thinking all would be well. Make a few minor changes and I am sure youll find your build climbs out of sub-optimal pretty quickly!
Can someone guide me as to why this build uses power charges? Aren't traps their own "being", so like totems, don't benefit from your power charges?

Playing this build, lvl 31 at present.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info