Announcing the Breach Challenge League and Path of Exile 2.5.0

"
nikoon wrote:
"
Yorhen wrote:
nikoon, well poe is a very decent game, but it never was a hardcore one, if only for casual gamers it should look like that. And hardcore with just 1 life without other changes is'n what makes it hard, not close to DMC 3 Hell & Hell. There are people who even call Dark Souls a hard game now a days, they sure didn't see real challenge for example on snes, but poe has very creative mechanics, to create your own unique builds, that's what makes atleast me, to return from time to time : )

You did not play pre-nerfed Invasion league or Beyond league or Bloodline league?? Did you? Path of Exile USED to be VERY hard game.. Not anymore..

Nikoon, the problem is that people who like that stuff are mostly gone. My favorite league was Nemesis, where they introduced so many new ways to kill us (and the league I rip'd the most). No way the general player base now will go for it. The outrage would be tremendous. I've always defended the difficulty of the game and others used to also...but like I said they are mostly gone and what you have left are the players you'd see in D3 or casual mmo like WoW. I always argued against the people who wanted things easier, because then PoE would become a faceroll fest of how fast you can kill mobs with pretty graphics...oh wait. That's what it's become. If you can't clear a map in well under 2 minutes, your build is shit. *sigh* No danger, no risk.

Also to the other guy: PoE is no longer that creative. The passive tree is stale and builds are all very very similar. You think you are a unique snowflake now? Make an optimized build (not your special snowflake build) and you'll see it's exactly the same as other builds.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
I can't play POE242 x64 full-screen but windowed fullscreen able.

so many poeple same with me

GGG, do you know this serious issue?

wish to pahch it quickly!!

windows10 x64
8g ram
gtx 1050 2g

wish to reply anything from GGG about this serious issue!!
( isn't work x64-full-screen mode )

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i think it doesn't work on x64-fullscreen mode in NVidia 10xx series graphic card.

my main system(win10x64 dx12 gtx1050) is not work.
i've seen so many 10xx user same me
(not work x64-fullscreen mode)

when i test another system (win7x64 dx11 gtx760)
it work well (poe242 x64-fullscreen mode)

ggg. do you have any opinion about this?
Constant comparison to d3 already takes a form of hysterical fear. People wrap themselves in madness by putting punishment on a pedestal of game design, and believing that's what constitutes game difficulty.

Yes, everyone loves random unpredictable spike damage, being able to take pleasure in dying from glacial cascade or 600rpm incinerate is a benchmark for true hardcore player and really promotes true melee builds that everyone wants back so much. Nothing says "no" to fast and safe clearspeed meta as enemies so risky that facing them becomes lottery.
That's exactly what D3 suffered from, if we are to draw comparison.

You would expect "veterans" to be able to tell apart diablo 3 from PoE and use their previous experience to analyze upcoming leagues, instead, they panic, threaten, act deranged and can not tell what they even want.

"
Odoakar wrote:

Singe target damage? Have you been playing PoE in last 2 years? There's no more single target damage, there's only AoE damage. Nowdays you don't even have to have one single target + one AoE skill, you just set up one 70-100k AoE skill and clear everything with it.

What I'm saying is, if you're going to base your judgement of entire game direction on a short snippet, at least read it thoroughly.
"
Romulas19 wrote:
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
Romulas19 wrote:

Amen, I love how their is new content every few months and also new MTX's in between, now if only GGG would take the 10% death penalty out now that exp is much slower that would be Awesome.

Why don't you play an OP meta build and not die at all? I mean the meta is right there, if you don't play the meta, that's your problem.

Um everyone dies at some point pal, and the only problem is your remark.

I don't see any problem with it. Play OP CI BV PF and facetank all the things, and clear so fast that 10% exp loss won't even matter anymore. Just join the meta, enjoy the clearspeed-check-breaches and the DPS-check-breach-lords. What's not to like?
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Haderach: I know that, thats why I dared to ask if GGG would make something challenging for veteran players like beyond or invasion ĺeagues were.. But they are probably busy selling mTXs...
It´s sad that all good and challenging games are always ruined by lazy children who want everything being brought on silver plate for them.. I work with young generation in my real life so I can see how bad situation actually is and it´s getting worse and worse from year to year.. Just my 2 cents.

My favourite quote: Don´t wish it to be easier, wish to be BETTER..
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 20, 2016, 2:36:11 AM
"
nikoon wrote:
Haderach: I know that, thats why I dared to ask if GGG would make something challenging for veteran players like beyond or invasion ĺeagues were.. But they are probably busy selling mTXs... It´s sad that all good and challenging games are always ruined by lazy children who want everything being brought on silver plate for them.. I work with young generation in my real life so I can see how bad situation actually is and it´s getting worse and worse from year to year.. Just my 2 cents.

My favourite quote: Don´t wish it to be easier, wish to be BETTER..

"It´s sad that all good and challenging games are always ruined..." By OP skills and items, which are getting abused for quick and easy results.

"Don´t wish it to be easier, wish to be BETTER" That's why I play bullet hell shmups competitively. They give you direct feedback by way of score. POE does not, skill doesn't matter anymore in this game here, it has become a game of knowledge and luck.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Next step probably would be removing xp penalty on death and they start selling xp boosters for 9,99.. Luckily there are still some things in life that cannot be bought, everything is not lost yet..
Last edited by nikoon on Nov 20, 2016, 2:46:50 AM
"
LoBa wrote:

u have finished only 27/40 challenges and you are saying it is easy? I don't get it.

step uno: roll a bv pf
step twice: put some time into the game
step tree: lube up
step 4: enjoy your 38/40 challenges

You know what should give achievements? Killing shaper without blade vortex anywhere on your character*.
*or without any other meta faceroll skill
I would have a cool idea for PoE 2.5.0 would be cool if each area in PoE would get no later than 3.0 own loading screens, but what I'm already so excited about the new league, and the other changes made in 2.5.0 will come

Go GGG make you best
"
nikoon wrote:
Next step probably would be removing xp penalty on death and they start selling xp boosters for 9,99.. Luckily there are still some things in life that cannot be bought, everything is not lost yet..

I don't know about the xp penalty removal (though I rather doubt they'd do that), but they'll never sell xp boosters. That would be the death of PoE. Plus it also goes against one of the fundamental bases upon which this game was conceived. It wasn't just a labor of love for a certain kind of game (and a homage to Diablo), it was also a bold experiment in trying out a risky business model. Kinda like Wikipedia. If PoE went that way, I suspect a fair number of staff might actually leave in protest. And don't even bother bringing up stash tabs - that's a tired old argument.

Here's something for you to really fear in that regard, though - Tencent and Garena. If PoE ever slides into moral ambiguity, I'm willing to bet they'll have a hand in it.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 20, 2016, 4:57:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info