[2.6] Pure Chaos (CI BV Occultist Obliteration) Shaper & Uber Atziri

Hi,

With the Witch, how do you scale the scale Obliteration explosion damage to 100%?

With Berserker, we only need around 60% increased damage (area damage, chaos damage, generic damage) to achieve 100% damage scaling.

Thanks,
Would it be possible to swith one Obliteration wand to Apep's Rage and use Kitava's Thirst to auto-cast curses?
Looking forward to this for breach, i ran the KB version that was floating around when the wand came out, but hated how bad it felt on single target, this looks much more fun, especially with the breach gem being usable to spawn adds for us to pop.
"
Hi,
With the Witch, how do you scale the scale Obliteration explosion damage to 100%?
With Berserker, we only need around 60% increased damage (area damage, chaos damage, generic damage) to achieve 100% damage scaling.
Thanks,

My calculation for the berserker:
100% / 40% more damage = 71.4 %
71.4 / 25% base explosion = 2.85
That would be roughly 185% increased damage needed.
considering the target has 0% chaos resist.

The witch has more trouble indeed.
Rallying cry and Decay help alot.
If the explosions overlap you only need half the damage,
so for big packs you won't notice the difference.

"
156Thelema wrote:
Would it be possible to swith one Obliteration wand to Apep's Rage and use Kitava's Thirst to auto-cast curses?

It's hard to drop a weapon.
Could be nice though, try it out and let us know :)
The mechanic is not ideal.
You want to spin up before you run into monsters and keep moving.
You don't want to take your time cursing monsters while they can attack you while standing still.

"
ply447 wrote:
Looking forward to this for breach, i ran the KB version that was floating around when the wand came out, but hated how bad it felt on single target, this looks much more fun, especially with the breach gem being usable to spawn adds for us to pop.

the single target KB was abusing the frost wall mechanic.
That can no longer be done.
Vaal breach looks certainly good fun!
@Minstrelshadrak
Yeah, i hated frostwall for that, this just looks much more fun to play.
Can I ask where you get your life leech from to use Vaal Pact? I'm planning on making this build, but I do not see any life leech nodes in the tree and this will be my first CI character, so I'm a little confused.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed you are using Warlord's Mark Blasphemy aura. Morning stupidity at its finest, lol.
Last edited by EuphoricLife on Dec 4, 2016, 2:34:14 AM
can Crit work with this build?
Freezien
your setup/tree seems optimized for Decay ?
What would you change for going obliteration x 2 versus 1 obliteration + 1 wand with Decay ?

I suppose with Decay you don't care at all BV damage, hence better for reflect map ?
"
EuphoricLife wrote:
Can I ask where you get your life leech from to use Vaal Pact? I'm planning on making this build, but I do not see any life leech nodes in the tree and this will be my first CI character, so I'm a little confused.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed you are using Warlord's Mark Blasphemy aura. Morning stupidity at its finest, lol.

Atziri's Promise gives alot of leech.

"
reliq wrote:
your setup/tree seems optimized for Decay ?
What would you change for going obliteration x 2 versus 1 obliteration + 1 wand with Decay ?

I suppose with Decay you don't care at all BV damage, hence better for reflect map ?

You said it; less dmg over time, more phys / chaos dmg. There are plenty free nodes to take.

If you're worried about reflect maps, can Always swap controlled destruction with added chaos for the occasion.

"
azndecoy101 wrote:
can Crit work with this build?

It could work, but it would be a large investment. You'd go glass cannon mode.

One thing I've noticed is the explosions are perfect for the breach league. You can easily keep up with all the spawning monsters.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Dec 5, 2016, 7:30:24 AM
Can you add more stuff to first post (bandits, how to level ascendancy) ?
hard for new players like me
thanks ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info