Blade Flurry

Currently, the skill has only two problems:
1) sometimes it stuck in channeling animation (sticky key -like bug)
2) you'll nerf it to shit tier like you did to spectral throw in 1.2 patch.

Channeling feature 'feels good' only with 7.15+ attacks per second.
88% AoE setup is great for trash clear. Conc effect makes AoE so tiny it almost uncomfortable to use, but damage boost (even for non-DoT build) worth it.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
I've been using Blade Flurry in a Cast While Channeling setup with Bladefall. I have 8 frenzy charges and a support player running haste/vaal haste (I attack very, very fast...)

I've found a serious lag issue with it, when hitting boxes or breaches the game will drop to .5fps and turn into a picture slideshow. What's more this isn't only me, my support aurabot friend has also experienced this lag and it's resulted in his deaths several times during particularly crowded breaches.

There are also situations where the "hit" animation is hitting a monster, but deals no damage. This gets worse the more mobs that are in front of you being hit - if there is a small pack it's not too big of an issue, but during a breach every mob not taking damage is another mob crowding the screen and causing this .5fps lag...

I'm not sure if this lag/no hit is due to Blade Flurry alone, or if it's the combination of Blade Flurry and Bladefall causing so many individual hits/calculations the game engine can't keep up with it.
its bugged...Doesn't care about accuracy, 100% chance to hit with exception of block/dodge mechanics.

Bug report thread with a bad video showcasing said bug
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1805097
I've worked out what's wrong with Blade Flurry's evasion testing, we'll get that fixed for a future patch.
People calm down i just end testing scourching ray and now want to go for blade flurry but when i read -

Path 2.5.0

"Blade Flurry's "More attack speed" modifier has been reduced from 65% more to 60% more attack speed at all levels. Blade Flurry's targeting range has been reduced by 16.6%, and the damage radius of slashes has been reduced by 14.2%"

Great work guys skill allready nerf before i have chance to play it. Really congratulation people for complaining.
"
pro_zealot wrote:
Great work guys skill allready nerf before i have chance to play it. Really congratulation people for complaining.

And it's still good. Imagine that.
I'm using predictive mode and the skill is basically unplayable in parties. If you try to "re-cast" the skill shortly after unleashing 6 stacks you'll be stuck in some weird loop like you're repeatedly pressing the skill key rather than holding it. I've noticed a similar bug playing solo where my mana will continually drain without any animation or attack happening.
I am elementalist using Hand of Wisdom and Action. I have a level 19 Blade Flurry and a level 20 quality 20 blade flurry that I just bought as an improvement. When I switch out my lvl 19 blade flurry with my level 20 blade flurry, the average damage calculation does not change. I understand that the increased attack speed from the quality would not show any difference as it is average damage, but the base damage on the level 20 gem is higher, so the average damage should be higher. Is this a known defect or do I not know how to math?
Please make a good animation for that skill. Current one is very, very bad, mildly speaking.

My proposal is to pick one of 2 variants:

1) Make the character "dematerialize" (e.g. like phasing) during skill channel. When dealing strikes, that shadowed/blurry forms of character should strike the targets, but thet should look like the character, not some green crap.

2) Keep the character in fully material form when channeling. Dealing strikes should look like whirling blades or cyclone or some hybrid. So some whirl moving from the channeling place to the target very fast. The animation should make it clear that the character moves from the channeling point to the target, but it can look like just a whirl, because of the overall speed.

For heaven's sake, please get rid of that green, shadowy crap! This is attack, not a spell. This is probably the worst skill animation from all I used so far. It is the only one that is so bad that it is really annoying.
Last edited by Fnts7 on Mar 18, 2017, 12:50:44 PM
Since Legacy, Blade flurry is unable to deal any damage during certain conditions.

Bug, with more details, has been reported here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1869035

I mention it here for reference

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info