Blade Flurry

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2023, 5:53:17 PM
Great skill so far with a high ceiling.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 18, 2016, 1:34:13 AM
Question:

The attack you do when you release your 6 charges: if you dual-wield, does that do 3 quick attacks with main hand and 3 quick attacks with off-hand?

2nd Question:
Again regarding the attack you do when you release your 6 charges: Do all those 6 attacks get 120% more dmg bonus?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Nov 18, 2016, 7:00:55 AM
The skill is way too strong..

I don't have to invest into Aoe and with a inc. Aoe gem i can reach the end of the Screen.

This allow's pure dps. pathing in the tree.

I think the damage output as it is, is good for a boss killer, so reducing the Aoe to force the player to invest into it in the Tree / Gear seems fair for map clearing.

Otherwise nobody will play Reave or any Melee Skill except Flicker Strike.
It's just to easy to clear / kill mobs with it.. stand still and hold the attack button.
"
Toma_Hawk wrote:
The skill is way too strong..

I don't have to invest into Aoe and with a inc. Aoe gem i can reach the end of the Screen.

This allow's pure dps. pathing in the tree.

I think the damage output as it is, is good for a boss killer, so reducing the Aoe to force the player to invest into it in the Tree / Gear seems fair for map clearing.

Otherwise nobody will play Reave or any Melee Skill except Flicker Strike.
It's just to easy to clear / kill mobs with it.. stand still and hold the attack button.

Maybe, because as stated by many ppl so far, it's not a true melee skill, just an attack that looks like a spell (in mechanics) that requires a melee weapon to be used.

If you put flying daggers or whatever into that animation instead of green lines, it could be called telekinesis with the ability to multiply an object. Mages can do that sort of stuff.

It's the next Blade Vortex (almost everyone will have one next league), maybe it should have the spell tag instead of attack, just like BV. I said "maybe".
Well yeah the look of it sure does make it feel more of a spell rather than attack :D

If the Char. itself turned ebony / black as the "projectiles" then you could try to sell it as melee lol

Like he meditates to achieve the fast attacks and as he reaches higher levels he attacks more often something like that.

Either way the aoe is just insane and its idiot proof play-style wise.
Bladeflurry should not be able to trigger CoC, or cospri's Malice, at all. That is just broken, like I don't even know what to say.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
If i use a scepter in off hand will it work just like reave does with incompatible off hand weapons?
Can smn explain, please? What Faster Attacks increases if I use it with Blade Flurry? Does it only increase speed of reaching maximum stacks or it increase dps after I've reached maximum stacks too?
Last edited by ZaLom on Nov 18, 2016, 1:26:19 PM
Streamers slap the skill on their 50+ ex end of league geared builds and make it look OP ( e.g. Blasting Cap with his mirrored 500 something DPS dagger - which is completely absurd - like every skill looks OP in such gear ). It needs high AoE since most melee classes can't get any AoE nodes. It needs high single target damage because its AoE only hits one enemy ( and a few neighbours ) at a time. If someone was to compare BF damage to reave damage the result would have to be divided by a certain multiplier taking into consideration that Reave hits half a screen of enemies at once, while BF has to actually hit several individual enemies one after another.

I am fine with critizising a skill if it is truly overpowered. But before doing so someone at least has to do some reasonable testing - e.g. compare clear speed with a comparable skill in comparable gear, same for single target ( e.g. compare the time needed to bring shaper from full to second stage with different skills )...

Personally I think BF is a fun and interesting skill ( e.g. when to release stacks for more damage and when not to not interrupt leeching ) and in theory I can think of a viable build using it for every class in game. This is actually pretty unique - most skills are only viable on certain classes.

I can't judge if it is overtuned or not because I actually level a new character with it and it feels good but not OP right now - just as any other good melee skill.

Edit : Reached level 56 and admittedly with Death's Hand off hand and Increased Area of Effect damage as well as range overshadow other skills now by quiet a margin ( a.k.a. definatly OP - but please don't nerf to oblivion ... ).[/b] Pretty fun though. Furthermore I see a possible risk here : even if Vessel of Vinktar gets reballanced next league, Blade Flury combined with high life gain on hit might break life leech once again - its high attack speed might raise the life gained per second to a level comparable to Vinktar's currently broken level of leech...

Edit 2 : Blade Flurry is currently bugged and I hope it wont get fixed / nerfed at all, see my resulting topic at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1769679 for my reasons
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 19, 2016, 4:30:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info