Clear Speed meta is good and isnt even yet where it needs to be

Clear Speed meta is good and isnt even yet where it needs to be

So, Blade Flury is bugged right now and it attacks with the main hand attack speed ( ideally Brightbeak ) while scaling damage only of the supported off hand ( See Reddit post ). This leads to a skill with a screen wide range with an insane attack speed / damage and as a result ridiculous clear speed.

Now many people complained about the clear speed meta - and I was tempted to agree to their arguments. But ...

Due to this BUG I ultimatly realized :
a) clearing super fast is really fun
b) clearing fast doesnt make the game easier
( bosses as well as mob affix combinations as well as the clear speed itself impose quiet a thread to die still )
c) current clear speed meta isnt even close to where it starts to feel good

Ultimatley I hope Blade Flurry doesnt get fixed / nerfed and Breach will be the most fun league ever breaking speed clear limits and raising fun to new heights.

Just my 0.02$.

In case you want to try my build it is on my character list ( BinoFury ) - I chose Champion since this skill comes with good enough damage ( which is good, nothing I ever played felt that good ) to focus on defense with Ascension. Tearing threw Red Maps right now. Going for 6k life, Fortify, Acrobatics, Arctic Armour, Evasion, 4% life leech - ideally Atziri's Acuities.

Blade Fury being so strong allows to focus on defense and suddenly the game actually feels ballanced for a life character.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 19, 2016, 4:46:37 PM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 7:36:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
so you found a skill that plays itself and you are happy with that?

anytime you say 'skill does not require any scaling because it does enough damage by itself' is a clear proof that this skill is TOO STRONG. bug or not (esp when people were playing with it 1h/shield as well where this bug does not apply

if skill A requires passive tree investment to play while skill B does not require investment - then we have Blade Vortex or previously Flame Totem/Incinerate all over again

any monkey can make a build for a skill that plays for itself..
"
sidtherat wrote:
so you found a skill that plays itself and you are happy with that?

anytime you say 'skill does not require any scaling because it does enough damage by itself' is a clear proof that this skill is TOO STRONG. bug or not (esp when people were playing with it 1h/shield as well where this bug does not apply

if skill A requires passive tree investment to play while skill B does not require investment - then we have Blade Vortex or previously Flame Totem/Incinerate all over again

any monkey can make a build for a skill that plays for itself..

The skill doing enough damage by itself is what you say - which is absolutely absurd ( just a foolish exaggeration to try to convince people of your opinion ). It just is powerful enough that it leaves room to go for a defensive build and still be able to enjoy the game. I still have to get 400% damage from the tree as well as 100% attack speed and 350% cc and 4 jewel sockets. Thats probably as much as other more offensive builds get. Its mostly that the skill leaves the option open to go for Champion instead of having to go for Assassin to deal an enjoyable amount of damage.

The skills clearspeed just shows that high clear speed is fun and does not make the game easier.

BTW I usually do not play meta builds. I didnt touch Blade Vortex till weeks into the league when I tested some things ( I usually test things, my own ideas and never go for go to builds which own the game ). Blade Fury just shows that high attack and clear speed beyond what is in game right now actually is fun.
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 19, 2016, 5:23:56 PM
Honestly you can oneshot the Atziri Clones with Blade Flurry and almost the trio guys if you charge up 6 charges (which is a bit harder at the trio^^).

I doubt I will get that far when I test it with new chars, but I'm pretty sure you can oneshot things like Piety or Dominus, which was already possible with other skills.

But honestly I wouldn't even use Dual Wielding. Using a Shield for Shield Charge seems better. Of course the bug is hillarios, because it is easy to get a high AS non usable weapon, however overall it might still be better to get a Deaths Hand, since I'm pretty sure the Power Charges and Unholy Might are still global and it is not that hard to get a dagger or claw that is moderatly fast right away.

However I'm not sure if it is good. I noticed with my BV char that it is basically entirely brainless. And even though it was super easy I couldn't play him anymore. He isn't even that great, but with the Guardian he has about 8k ES despite having terrible equip and enemies just die while you essentially walk around.

So I went back to my RF-Totem char, who does much less damage and actually has to think about smartly positioning his totems sometimes. He got a nice little buff with Scorching Ray too and it is overall more enjoyable, because I can still do a lot of things (and I could propably do harder content if I would actually equip him properly^^). The Pathfinder just got boring, you watched your flasks more carefully than the screen, because basically nothing on the screen could kill you, while losing track of your flasks could kill you.
what a surprise.. an overtuned skill is 'fun'. or maybe it is just so strong that it can be used to compensate for lack of other stuff? it can make people 'feel good' about themselves

not that it is pure cheating because anyone can be good with this skill. but it still works

and if Skill A 'has more room' than Skill B then these skills are poorly balanced and playing Skill A will ALWAYS create better results

player's skill, effort, creativity etc means ZERO when Skill B is just plain worse choice

yet somehow players feel good about themselves because their 'creativity' told them, after much 'effort' to 'skillfuly' pick skill A.
"
sidtherat wrote:
what a surprise.. an overtuned skill is 'fun'. or maybe it is just so strong that it can be used to compensate for lack of other stuff? it can make people 'feel good' about themselves

not that it is pure cheating because anyone can be good with this skill. but it still works

and if Skill A 'has more room' than Skill B then these skills are poorly balanced and playing Skill A will ALWAYS create better results

player's skill, effort, creativity etc means ZERO when Skill B is just plain worse choice

yet somehow players feel good about themselves because their 'creativity' told them, after much 'effort' to 'skillfuly' pick skill A.

^Absolutely on point
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Your clearspeed is high, you're getting more drops, exp, accumulate currency faster. How its not easier? What is easy then? Are you kiting bosses? Monsters? Forced to use multiple skill setups? Need to read bloodline packs and Nemesis rares properties? If no, then its easy.
BTW the title of the topic is clear speed meta is good - not BF is good. Its only the skill that showed me how fun clear speed meta is.

"
sidtherat wrote:

Just your assumptions - Blade Vortex is the strongest skill in game but its horribly boring to play. I dont play a skill because it is strong ( and if I would why would you care - you wouldnt have to ). However BF is fun. Its not even as overpowered as people assume. I get as much damage / clear speed with a bow build.

"
heedkid wrote:
Your clearspeed is high, you're getting more drops, exp, accumulate currency faster. How its not easier? What is easy then? Are you kiting bosses? Monsters? Forced to use multiple skill setups? Need to read bloodline packs and Nemesis rares properties? If no, then its easy.

Yes one has to read packs, react to corrupting blood, react to reflect and right now I cannot facetank most of the bosses - I maybe could with Acuities, but many builds could with Acuities...
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 19, 2016, 5:57:41 PM
"
Emphasy wrote:
Honestly you can oneshot the Atziri Clones with Blade Flurry and almost the trio guys if you charge up 6 charges (which is a bit harder at the trio^^).

I doubt I will get that far when I test it with new chars, but I'm pretty sure you can oneshot things like Piety or Dominus, which was already possible with other skills.

Just wondering - if you didnt get there you didnt see that on Blasting caps stream ? He on shots Atziri with any build because he owns mirrored gear of any kind and insta kills any boss with several builds. With my build and a Bino's I am far away from achieving that - despite BF's power. BF doesn't make the game easy - mirrored 600 DPS one handed weapons do.
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 19, 2016, 6:07:04 PM
bad news for you:

this clear speed is nothing new. it is new only to people that werent able to reach it without help of cheats (yes, BF is akin to cheating right now)

anytime when you 'get better' not because YOU changed but you WERE GIVEN something - you are in fact standing in place

note: this isnt YOUR build. youve copied an exploit from someone. hardly an achievement worth mentioning tbh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info