Clear Speed meta is good and isnt even yet where it needs to be

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Also Im getting tired of people just bragging about how game is easy after copy pasting a build and brainlessly using 3 buttons, doesn't help.
It's where we all want to be eventually. Not so great when it's achieved at medium levels with cheap gear. Should be more of a Mirror thing.

Kinda agree here. The feeling of being "all-powerful" is something that should be earned by way of working towards it, rather than picking skill A over skill B.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
One thing to clarify on that previous statement: once a player gets there, they're done. Everything past that point is non-gain; in a way, the game is won and therefore over. I view it as an asymptote - something to be approached, perhaps even within a hair of achieving, but never quite achieved. At least as far as the game's most difficult content goes.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
One thing to clarify on that previous statement: once a player gets there, they're done. Everything past that point is non-gain; in a way, the game is won and therefore over. I view it as an asymptote - something to be approached, perhaps even within a hair of achieving, but never quite achieved. At least as far as the game's most difficult content goes.

I think that it definitely should, yeah.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Something is inherantly wrong with the game when bosses melt and you dint even know they were there except for the lootsplosion.
Moving at lightspeed and one shotting the entire screen is fine because of the 200 mechanics only 195 might as well not exist; 5 can still kill you. Quality thread.

Thread made out of fear not to get his broken build nerfed.

Don't worry, it will get fixed and nerfed soon. Better not spend those exalts for nothing.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
Thread made out of fear not to get his broken build nerfed.

Don't worry, it will get fixed and nerfed soon. Better not spend those exalts for nothing.

I dont care if the skill gets nerfed ( other than it mechanically being such a well done skill that it would be very sad to gut it to an unusable state ) - I will test Blade Flury in 2.5 Standard and if it is not viable anymore I will just do a bow build in the new league and wipe the screen with it instead. Its just the first melee skill that mechanically feels great and can compete with bows and has a comparable clear speed.

First all complain melee is bad in PoE but once a melee skill can compete with bows its bad because it is OP because it is melee and melee is not supposed to be as strong, fast / ranged as a bow build. Melee by nature can not compete with anything non melee unless people are open to great skills that are melee by being scaled of melee weapons but not neccessarily have to punch enemies in the face.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 21, 2016, 8:02:33 AM
"
AdFinitum wrote:
Its just the first melee skill that mechanically feels great and can compete with bows and has a comparable clear speed.

That was fun. The skill feels mechanically good cause its range is bigger than some bow skills. Let's not even talk about the real melee skills.
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
what a surprise.. an overtuned skill is 'fun'. or maybe it is just so strong that it can be used to compensate for lack of other stuff? it can make people 'feel good' about themselves

not that it is pure cheating because anyone can be good with this skill. but it still works

and if Skill A 'has more room' than Skill B then these skills are poorly balanced and playing Skill A will ALWAYS create better results

player's skill, effort, creativity etc means ZERO when Skill B is just plain worse choice

yet somehow players feel good about themselves because their 'creativity' told them, after much 'effort' to 'skillfuly' pick skill A.

^Absolutely on point

Let us not forget that GGG continuously rolls these 'overtuned' skills out. They (GGG) even roll out overtuned items all the time. What this does is to attract many people to try skill A - which is then re-tuned with the hopes that many of those who tried it will continue to play it later (bait and switch).

Poorly balanced, as you say. I say that I refuse to play these new skills until they are fixed months later and wish that somewhere far away in New Zealand someone would do their job and test these skills before letting them loose.
🐢
There is no escape from the clearspeed AoE meta , on the bright side I enjoy and prefer this playstyle :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info