2.4.2 Effect Artifact / Disco Inferno

Happens to me too.
@Meme

I've been having the described issues as well on the DX11 client. This is a picture of a bloodline bonds of chaos pack that were invisible and had this crazy effect going on.

My GPU:
Sapphire Radeon R7 260X (AMD Radeon R7 200 series)

CPU:
Intel i5 4460
On the new DX beta and artifact is happening to me near water (Solaris Temple in screen shot), Near waypoints, and is possibly part of my MTX (the new sweet purple flames maybe?)

Didn't start happening until act 3. I went from half way through act 2 to act 3 in one session, maybe 1 hour 1.5 hours of play time before it started happening? I hope the bug report has computer config in it. It's reasonably old but not ancient/toaster.
Last edited by Briliu on Nov 20, 2016, 12:36:41 AM
Got it first in lab and then throughout multiple maps. Rebooted after 3-4 lab runs. Same effect.

CPU:i7-6700K
GPU: AMD Sapphire 7870 x2 in Crossfire

Update: Going back to old client for now. The game is unplayable with the dx11 version once this starts to happen for me. Reboots and settings changes have not had any effect.
Last edited by KrazyEd on Nov 20, 2016, 3:47:21 PM
This is definitely an issue related to AMD/ATI cards, probably some incompatibility of the driver DX11, that's why we did not see this until now as we were using DX9.

Hope GGG can fix this somehow, overall performance with DX11 is way way better.
I got it too but not as bad, GTX660
http://imgur.com/a/Db3Ct
www.lunaz.com/poe-fashion
www.lunaz.com/poe-filter
www.lunaz.com/poe-hidouts
Work In Progress
Getting the same thing sporadically, AMD 6950, Intel i5 2500K CPU, only on the DX11 client.
Getting something similar with the 64-bit client. Running w7, 980ti and i7 4790k.
Last edited by badjuju on Nov 20, 2016, 4:57:06 PM
I have been having these bloom issues as well, and it seems to be an issue from 2 sources. Was able to somewhat isolate the issue through some testing in solaris when I was levelling a new character yesterday

Had a full set of mtxs on my levelling gear. Was a fire theme with infernal helm, Phoenix gloves and boots, and cloak of flame xmog. Entering solaris was fine, until I went through the first door and encountered a pack of ribbons, and the strobelight kicked in.

I originally thought it was a local issue to do with the the new physics on cloak of flame, but removing it only stopped some of the glitching. it seems to be a combination of issues to do with rendering reflections.

I went back to my hideout. it's elreon, so it is a dark area with light sources, and in certain places the blooming would happen. I started removing the clothing mtxs, helm down to boots, and with each one some of the blooming disappeared. Once the boots were off, the issue stopped. I still had both weapon mtxs on, both with the steampunk sword skins, and ghostflame effect, and these no issues at all, so is unlikely related to the light source.

I started toying with different combinations, and found that reflections were the main thing that was causing the issue, and would cause terrible blooming and tearing. Any mtx with a bright base that will reflect (phoenix, chimera, carnage, and the like) would trigger it. Using cloak of flame, and I assume the same issues with ribbons, would make the bloom flutter because of the new physics.

No reflections from the character made all the difference, and swapping out to full darkness set resolved the issue completely. Likely removing all mtx would also have the same effect, but I was on a Templar... I was then able to continue through solaris without any more issues and did not encounter the problem again. I did not keep playing much longer after that though, so not sure if there are other issues that will pop up. will see tonight.
~Not To Be Taken~
"
Archerazor wrote:

I started toying with different combinations, and found that reflections were the main thing that was causing the issue, and would cause terrible blooming and tearing. Any mtx with a bright base that will reflect (phoenix, chimera, carnage, and the like) would trigger it. Using cloak of flame, and I assume the same issues with ribbons, would make the bloom flutter because of the new physics.

No reflections from the character made all the difference, and swapping out to full darkness set resolved the issue completely. Likely removing all mtx would also have the same effect, but I was on a Templar... I was then able to continue through solaris without any more issues and did not encounter the problem again. I did not keep playing much longer after that though, so not sure if there are other issues that will pop up. will see tonight.

in my elreon hideout with literally nothing equipped I still get it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info