2.4.2 Effect Artifact / Disco Inferno

Hey guys, no news to report right now but did want to jump in and say that we're certainly aware of this issue and are working on finding a fix. Many users report that using --noasync or switching to DX9 / DX9Ex causes this problem to no longer occur. While these are temporary workarounds, they should help out for now until we get a proper fix in place.

Thanks for all of the details reports everyone - they've been very helpful.
"
kompaniet wrote:

any updates on this issue?

We've been testing a potential fix for this. Hopefully testing continues to go smoothly. Unsure on a timeline for this fix going live though, but wanted to pop in and give an update.
Yep, patch should be out with what we hope is a fix for this issue. Would love to hear from people that were experiencing the disco party prior to the patch. Are you still experiencing issues or does it seem like things are back to normal?

Thanks guys!
Thanks for the responses guys. I've passed on the reports so that our programmers are aware that there are still some lingering issues here.

"
kompaniet wrote:
which patch version has a fix for this issue. i was unable to find anything in patch notes or i overlooked it.

"
Qarl wrote:
2.5.2 Patch Notes
  • Parallelised the rendering of the DirectX 11 client. This allows multi-threading for scene rendering, improving performance.

This is the patch with a fix for the issue.

To those of you still reporting issues, they're being passed on, thanks for the feedback guys!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info