Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

why people use CwDT + Immortal Call in the first place?

Also, if you happen to be using Daresso's Defiance (I do on several builds), you are going to lose your endurance charges anyway when you are hit. So the choice is, do you want to get Onslaught or IC in exchange?
The answer is obvious. It helps against rapid bursts of physical damage, especially in maps where monsters have 4 additional projectiles, and it also helps physical damage characters against reflect monsters and killing yourself.

And it pairs very nicely for people who use Blasphemy and Warlords mark, which so many do these days. You replenish the spent endurance charges on the next pack anyway.

If that's not worth it for you, then don't use it. But you pretending that the masses of people who do use the set up are wrong is just plain weird.
"
skuadak wrote:
What blue can I use in 4L with CWTD-ID-IC- seutp? Ranged chars. Used to use Enfeblee which is 8/10 imo, but mayby there are better options? hex-proof immune for example?

I usually put my Vaal summon skeletons in my CWDT setup because of the increased duration gem is already there.

Vaal summon skeletons is the most overlooked and under rated gem in the game IMO. You cast it right before you see the boss on screen, and it gives you 5-10 seconds of time where you barely get attacked at all. The gem seriously makes nearly all boss fights trivial.

well....maybe not what you're talking about but, I facetank minotar on my lv 100 support (meaning no leech) in std with only 17k armor. How? cwdt immortal call with auto power charging + end charge conversion mechanics used with high pool/damage mitigation.

From a support's PoV i always tell everyone on the team to put on a damn cwdt immortal call when they with me, cuz i am able to conduit them full charges 24/7. if they have 4 end charges; lv 16 IC + maxed increased duration gem will last 3.02 seconds and will immediately reproc upon the first time damage intake threshold is reached. This is particularly vital in HC. For carries, in that 3 seconds of immunity you have more than enough time to heal back up the life you lost to physical damage even if you are not on a vaal pact build, saves ALOT of ass.

And then there are other reasons for burst damage like other ppl mentioned. for example if you up in the shadow start, your armor value is pretty much going to be shit, a cwdt immortal call even when procced without charges will save you from porkie spines, titty barrage, etc that you did not see coming. Or for example reflect mobs, if you are reliant on a high dps fast attack physical damage build and you come across phys reflect, in the short burst of cwdt even without charges you can delete the reflect mob or at the very least get extra time to react to the mob. With your avg human reaction time being .25 seconds, every bit of extension on the survivability of your character is going to help allow you to react to the thing that might have killed you otherwise.
Last edited by SIQI on Oct 26, 2016, 8:55:21 PM
It also help with bleed, you cant just stand there sometimes and if your bleeding it gives you a get away window. Late on pot, out of pot etc

I combine mine with molten shell since it absorbs damage. Ic takes care of the phy so it will only absorb the element.
Last edited by Chadwixx on Oct 26, 2016, 9:23:56 PM
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:
What blue can I use in 4L with CWTD-ID-IC- seutp? Ranged chars. Used to use Enfeblee which is 8/10 imo, but mayby there are better options? hex-proof immune for example?

I usually put my Vaal summon skeletons in my CWDT setup because of the increased duration gem is already there.

Vaal summon skeletons is the most overlooked and under rated gem in the game IMO. You cast it right before you see the boss on screen, and it gives you 5-10 seconds of time where you barely get attacked at all. The gem seriously makes nearly all boss fights trivial.

That's nice idea actually. I used to have them on my ranger, at lvls 12-ish, and I always been curious how they do at 20lvl. Now I have enough Int to check it out and I don't mind running them manuly too. And I really could use some kind of decoy totem on seroids for my whitch . Probably Enfeblee/Warlords mark in CWDT and V. Skeletons manualy then.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Oct 26, 2016, 9:42:22 PM
"
Chadwixx wrote:

I combine mine with molten shell since it absorbs damage. Ic takes care of the phy so it will only absorb the element.

Huh? Neither Immortal Call nor Molten Shell prevent non-physical damage. Are you sure you read Molten Shell description correctly?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Huh? Neither Immortal Call nor Molten Shell prevent non-physical damage. Are you sure you read Molten Shell description correctly?

Summons fiery elemental shield

Shell breaks after X damage is prevented

Seems to work well for me, im immune to phy with ic up, so molten sheild only sees elemental
Last edited by Chadwixx on Oct 26, 2016, 9:41:45 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
edit: nevermind. You asked a question, it was answered. I don't want to start arguing what you think is the right or wrong way to play.

agreed ^^
Spend points to get dps to kill shaper and hp to survive damage hi doing to you. thats how game work.
If you happy to run t15 you can do it.

ppl use CwDT+IC usually with 0 charges, to protect themself for a random death (which is extremly rare)
basicly this setup of gems could be rejected specialy in soft core couse the chance it rly save you is very small but point is any way you got space for 2-3 gems and u can use it who know when it happends to safe your life on hc or save your exp on sc.

Tanky builds and (my build can do t15 and some of the guardians with easy mods on it) is kind of newb trap.
key is cap resists and ballance between hp/es to survive very hard hits, like 10k+ and damage with life steal to insta recover after very hard hit. no need armor/evasion etc, in early stages of your build you can go for Stibnite Flask + Jade Flask, thats all u need even u have 0 evasion form tree and gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info