Largest-ever expansion 3.0.0

My hopes are for what happens next. Let them have their way with 3.0, but after that work on making the difficulty of the core game more even.
I'd like to see...

*Balance changes that don't require me to reset my skill trees across my whole stable of characters all over again

*A sitting animation MTX to make all those Throne MTXs worth buying

*Pet functionality that works like Portals currently do: You select the pet(s) and they appear with the character on log-in, whatever that character happens to be

*Non-exclusive pet naming, with a mouse-over functionality so that others can see "Raycheetah's (Petname)" or what have you

*Improved Stash and MTX Stash functionality (it gets off-putting to add new MTXs to a tab system which isn't even remotely user-friendly, and I'm dead tired of Remove-Only tabs from defunct leagues AND all my Race Reward tabs splattering randomly all across my otherwise organize stash every time they appear)

*New boss battles that don't involve a phone-booth sized arena

='[.]'=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
If MTX and some QOL issues are your only gripes with this game and such a rework covers all of your expectations and needs, you are blessed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:
"
JakeCourtney wrote:

We're currently working on our largest-ever expansion, 3.0.0, which will be released next year."

I hardly believe they will deliver, unless by largest-ever expansion means largest-ever content gating, cause so far (ie from 2.0 onwards) GGG rather failed in providing anything but that

Gated content ? What ? there is no gated content dude... There is build that can kill shaper and uber atziri on a budget if you are unable to then you just need to get better at the game.

You just don't get what "gated" means.

Build to kill Uber: Costs 1 exalt (or whatever, not sure)

Fragments for Uber: Currently 2.5 exalt or so on Standard.

The content is gated by wealth. You cannot run Uber unless you have enough currency. Because the fragments are so heavily RNG gated that they get very expensive.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
torturo wrote:
If MTX and some QOL issues are your only gripes with this game and such a rework covers all of your expectations and needs, you are blessed.

I'm just speaking about the stuff I don't expect to be addressed. GGG will wrestle with balance issues and the like in their own, inimitable way. Meanwhile, I'd like some QoL, yes. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I don't think there's any reason to doubt GGG's word that this will be the largest expansion. They have proven themselves to be the masters of content creation regardless of whether or not people actually enjoy the content. I'd expect the new act to be larger than Act 4, and be absolutely riddled with bugs. But that being said I don't care about bugs on release as long as I get my content. Make the story awesome, make the rewards great, add skills, add items, change the tree a bit and I'll play the heck out of it. Then fix the bugs that pop up.
It's really not that hard for it to be the "largest-ever" expansion, all they have to do is add more stuff than they did when 2.0 landed.

Adding in a new act, reworking all the other acts to work with only 2 difficulties, adding a few new skills, and maybe a few new maps will be plenty to hit that "largest-ever" qualifier.
So long as there are MAJOR trade improvements, I am happy. That is the only part of this game that I find truly lacking.
If the lab is still mandatory, the expansion is a dead duck imo.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Miazga wrote:

I hardly believe they will deliver, unless by largest-ever expansion means largest-ever content gating, cause so far (ie from 2.0 onwards) GGG rather failed in providing anything but that

Gated content ? What ? there is no gated content dude... There is build that can kill shaper and uber atziri on a budget if you are unable to then you just need to get better at the game.

You just don't get what "gated" means.

Build to kill Uber: Costs 1 exalt (or whatever, not sure)

Fragments for Uber: Currently 2.5 exalt or so on Standard.

The content is gated by wealth. You cannot run Uber unless you have enough currency. Because the fragments are so heavily RNG gated that they get very expensive.

to be honest you are both incorrect when it comes to definition of gated content.
I dont mean that one can or can not kill a certain boss in game. Its about blocking your progression by adding rules and special conditions that needs to be made to allow for progress. In poe case its the end game mapping:
You used to be able to get any map anywhere (within the framerate of drops ofcouse), now you need to run specific maps multiple times for a chance to get a map connected to that map. There is no other way to get it, unless you buy one. This is content gating at its finest.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info