[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Gentlemen I need advice, I totaly sacrificed movement for this set up.

Was this a good idea?

You forgot some "minor" details here... the sacrifice of Fortify and Arctic Armour which provide a great deal of damage mitigation, a big blow to your EHP. Then there is the sacrifice of the high-level CWDT setup which is essential to heal big blows.

Then I see three curses in your setup (Elemental Weakness, Warlord's Mark, and Flammabilty which btw is one level lower than it could be and lacks quality, source of 10% increased Ignite duration) and yet you do not have Whispers of Doom in your skill tree?

If I'd try something like this, I'd do it with a 6L Belly of the Beast using CWDT, Chance to Ignite, and four spells. Keep WB, FA and Fortify in Razor. The high-level CWDT setup goes into the Helmet. Put 20% Blasphemy into the boots linked with max Flammability and Elemental Weakness (to be swapped for Enfeeble when heeded) as well as Arctic Armour. Then I'd chance another Hysteria on Fingerless Silk Gloves (praying to the RNGesus for life and some resistances), making it effectively a 5-link BV setup.

Of course this setup will reserve a massive 91% of Mana which could be awfully tight. In this case I'd move AA elsewhere (at the expense of one spell, probably in the helmet) and add lvl 4 Enlighten to the Blasphemy setup to reduce the Mana overall reservation to 83%. Or use only Flammability while clearing and activate the second curse aura at bosses.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 15, 2017, 7:59:26 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
Gentlemen I need advice, I totaly sacrificed movement for this set up.

Was this a good idea?

You forgot some "minor" details here... the sacrifice of Fortify and Arctic Armour which provide a great deal of damage mitigation, a big blow to your EHP. Then there is the sacrifice of the high-level CWDT setup which is essential to heal big blows.

Then I see three curses in your setup (Elemental Weakness, Warlord's Mark, and Flammabilty which btw is one level lower than it could be and lacks quality, source of 10% increased Ignite duration) and yet you do not have Whispers of Doom in your skill tree?

If I'd try something like this, I'd do it with a 6L Belly of the Beast using CWDT, Chance to Ignite, and four spells. Keep WB, FA and Fortify in Razor. The high-level CWDT setup goes into the Helmet. Put 20% Blasphemy into the boots linked with max Flammability and Elemental Weakness (to be swapped for Enfeeble when heeded) as well as Arctic Armour. Then I'd chance another Hysteria on Fingerless Silk Gloves (praying to the RNGesus for life and some resistances), making it effectively a 5-link BV setup.

Of course this setup will reserve a massive 91% of Mana which could be awfully tight. In this case I'd move AA elsewhere (at the expense of one spell, probably in the helmet) and add lvl 4 Enlighten to the Blasphemy setup to reduce the Mana overall reservation to 83%. Or use only Flammability while clearing and activate the second curse aura at bosses.

Most of oneshots not from phys. Ele reflect, crazy 110+% map mods and u being oneshotet in 90%. If u farm rare 50-60% t11-15 maps u dont have drop that all.
Last edited by Arp0 on Jan 15, 2017, 3:21:34 PM
"
Arp0 wrote:
Most of oneshots not from phys. Ele reflect, crazy 110+% map mods and u being oneshotet in 90%.

I don't die in reflect maps... 80% fire res plus AA taking care of that.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 15, 2017, 3:57:58 PM
Hi so Im doing this and am at lvl 86 now and have no problem with up to t8(thats just the max ive found) maps and done uber lab as well (using enfeeble and the phys protection flask).

I need an opinion on my tree and on arsonist/explosive impact.

The version I currently use it is changed a bit compared to the original. Mostly, I went for the hp nodes to the left of marauder instead of the hp nodes around scion and the increased duration ones. This is the lvl91 tree im working towards,

www.poeurl.com/0n1

Ive dropped avatar of fire, BUT, if I add it again, is arsonist and explosive impact worth it instead bloodless and an extra jewel slot?

something like this

www.poeurl.com/0ob

Lastly.. is going for Bloodess a better idea than going for Blood Siphon and Trickery?
Last edited by Parapapam on Jan 16, 2017, 5:32:14 AM
Hello Been Having fun with budget afk build

I just got my hands on the vaal molten shell rat's cage setup. But it feels really bad doesnt proc many explosions and terrible damage. I am using the 2 Mokou's Embrace rings as video guide said.

Do I need to use different rings to get maximum effect? If I need taming then pretty screwed.

Any help would be appreciated.
"
Parapapam wrote:
Text

www.poeurl.com/0n1

www.poeurl.com/0ob

Lastly.. is going for Bloodess a better idea than going for Blood Siphon and Trickery?

I would not get any damage nodes just for the damage node's sake, this build needs all life it can get, since it is life based and not es based. The only damage nodes I have picked in my trees are travel nodes to either ignite nodes or something else.

"
xdanniboyx wrote:

I just got my hands on the vaal molten shell rat's cage setup. But it feels really bad doesnt proc many explosions and terrible damage. I am using the 2 Mokou's Embrace rings as video guide said.

Do I need to use different rings to get maximum effect? If I need taming then pretty screwed.

For the vaal molten shells to trigger a lot, you need to have many spells hitting the enemy. On the clips from the guide and montage, either the bosses have hit me very hard and triggered many of my spells, or I have charged up a 1s blade vortex to max stacks to start the CWDT looping.

Then if the looping is powerful enough, the VMS will increase the ignites per sec with ca 50% and drive the looping and also making all the dmg. So be sure you have lots of spells hitting the enemy and your looping started, before pushing the VMS button.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
Parapapam wrote:
Text

www.poeurl.com/0n1

www.poeurl.com/0ob

I would not get any damage nodes just for the damage node's sake, this build needs all life it can get, since it is life based and not es based. The only damage nodes I have picked in my trees are travel nodes to either ignite nodes or something else.

"
xdanniboyx wrote:

For the vaal molten shells to trigger a lot, you need to have many spells hitting the enemy. On the clips from the guide and montage, either the bosses have hit me very hard and triggered many of my spells, or I have charged up a 1s blade vortex to max stacks to start the CWDT looping.

Then if the looping is powerful enough, the VMS will increase the ignites per sec with ca 50% and drive the looping and also making all the dmg. So be sure you have lots of spells hitting the enemy and your looping started, before pushing the VMS button.

Thanks for Input do the rings matter at all for vaal molten shell proc speed/damage? wondering if I should keep with double Mokuo or Mokou/emberwake.

Cheers :).
"
xdanniboyx wrote:

You don't have a "Hysteria helmet"... replace lvl 5 Flammability in your boots with another Chance to Ignite gem until you can afford another Essence.
"

On that note :) ... is blood magic + the 35% max life behind it worth it? (obviouslly arctic armor would have to go and we would go completely naked in battle :D)

I think going for blood siphon is better than all other life node options (for the same amount of points) because of the extra str. Furthermore you get more dex which makes you more flexible with your jewels and equips. I would take Trickery for the crit chance and the 10 dex. Is that wrong?

www.poeurl.com/0oR

here is my gear at 86 btw

"
Parapapam wrote:
On that note :) ... is blood magic + the 35% max life behind it worth it? (obviouslly arctic armor would have to go and we would go completely naked in battle :D)

It's not just AA. I use Purity of Fire in reflect maps, Purity of Lightning helps a lot against certain bosses with insane lightning damage... some folks swear on Blasphemy for curse application, Anger for moar damage. All this is out of the question with Blood Magic.

"
Parapapam wrote:
I think going for blood siphon is better than all other life node options (for the same amount of points) because of the extra str. Furthermore you get more dex which makes you more flexible with your jewels and equips. I would take Trickery for the crit chance and the 10 dex. Is that wrong?

We don't need Trickery to trigger Elemental Overload reliably and with Emberwake critical strikes don't deal extra damage anyway. As CrispieD just explained, increased damage nodes are of no concern to us, our aim is to maximise the health pool. Around level mid-90ies 10K is possible with Kaom's Heart which is a pretty good insurance against one-shot rips.

Blood Siphon has been mentioned a few times already. My two cents: sure, 20% max life is excellent, the 20 DEX on the way might come in handy too, however, you'll hit a dead end there while the Barbarism route has a lot more potential as it is followed by another jewel socket, Juggernaut, and Bloodless. As for the dexterity, I'd rather grab a 30 DEX node along the the original tree or resort to lower level Blade Vortex (we don't kill with BV, we use it to generate hits/ignites).
Last edited by tomay on Jan 16, 2017, 9:55:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info