[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Undermonk wrote:
It's not the traps as I can handle/avoid easily :)

Izaro is one shotting me, with the use of flask and other such. This is with me playing and dodging but I seem to keep getting one shot.
I have even changed my gear slightly and added a few passives, but if I'm struggling with him I don't think I'll survive high map bosses.

My gear and passive tree can be found at
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Undermonk/characters

Also trying to see why I am at around 4.4k life but in the video it says I should be around 6k? Does the 6k come at a higher level?

The first thing I note is that you don't have either of the hysteria items. Hysteria sceptre is the dominant source of the DPS. It's not a "oh, here's a funny little extra for the bleeding edge player", it's a "this is the entire reason this build works". Well, okay, it's claimed that it works without it, and I think it does, but it's a night/day difference between having one and not.

Leveling up more would be suggested. You're missing an early jewel slot on the way to the scion life wheel, which is 7% life plus extras, and you haven't taken the Tireless wheel, which is another 20% life, and at some point you'll unlock one or two more jewel slots for their life bonuses.

If you ditch/refund the six nodes you spent to get the Cruel preparation life nodes, you could get the tireless wheel (same amount of life, but you lose a small amount of +resistances), that missing jewel slot, and still have a point to spare. That's a net gain of +7% max life, and the jewel slot might make up for the lost resistances from Cruel Preparation (it's entirely possible to get +6-8% to all resistances on the jewel) plus more.

Yea when originally putting this build together, I didn't realize the essence went for 1ex.. I would of bought that if I didn't already buy the amulet for 60c.

Is the missing essence sceptre the reason for getting one shot? Or is that a mixture of low life and such?

Also thanks for the reply, I'll check out the tree once I'm home!
"
Undermonk wrote:
Izaro is one shotting me, with the use of flask and other such. This is with me playing and dodging but I seem to keep getting one shot.
I have even changed my gear slightly and added a few passives, but if I'm struggling with him I don't think I'll survive high map bosses.

Also trying to see why I am at around 4.4k life but in the video it says I should be around 6k? Does the 6k come at a higher level?

The first thing I notice is Tabula Rasa... what makes you think you can face the likes of Izaro in that nightgown? ^^

FYI, in the video CrispieD is using Kaom's Heart for Izaro (and other fights), which gives a massive boost to our health pool. These "Tabula stunts" you can pull at lvl 90+ for lawls but be prepared to get one-shot even then.

Buy Belly of the Beast (5L = 25c) and get rid of Tabula. We don't need six links, four or five are perfectly fine for our needs.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 5, 2017, 9:14:50 PM
"
Undermonk wrote:
Is the missing essence sceptre the reason for getting one shot?

That too... the damage from Fire Burst heals us instantly after a Savage Hit.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Undermonk wrote:

The first thing I notice is Tabula Rasa... what makes you think you can face the likes of Izaro in that nightgown? ^^

FYI, in the video CrispieD is using Kaom's Heart for Izaro (and other fights), which gives a massive boost to our health pool. These "Tabula stunts" you can pull at lvl 90+ for lawls but be prepared to get one-shot even then.

Buy Belly of the Beast (5L = 25c) and get rid of Tabula. We don't need six links, four or five are perfectly fine for our needs.

Agh, I thought in the video he was using a Tabula as that's even what he listed in his current gear setup. and I can not find a BOTB for 25c on Standard lol They are all 50c or upwards... Must be looking at the worst times.

and I am currently working on getting the essence now :)
"
tomay wrote:
"
Undermonk wrote:
Is the missing essence sceptre the reason for getting one shot?

That too... the damage from Fire Burst heals us instantly after a Savage Hit.

I finally crafted it!! :) Is this a good roll?
Hey, im using a 5 link Belly and i was wondering:
should i use Controlled Destruction or Chance to ignite?

Also im using 2x Mokous.. Should i try to get atleast Mokous + Emberwake?
Im just wondering if its worth it or if switching to Emberwake (without Taming)
would slow down clear speed..

greetings
Can someone explain the advantages of the non AoF build? I understand that you need fire damage to spells on the sceptre, but what are the advantages/disadvantages to this?
"
Undermonk wrote:
I finally crafted it!! :) Is this a good roll?

None of the mods are particularly great, unfortunately, other than the one you crafted (and the hysteria one, of course). You shouldn't be using the gems for a CWDT, though. They should all be supports for the Fire Burst.

"
Can someone explain the advantages of the non AoF build? I understand that you need fire damage to spells on the sceptre, but what are the advantages/disadvantages to this?

Saves one passive point, and opens up the possibility of ditching the nodes at the top of the tree and investing them in life nodes or other things along the bottom left of the tree. There's a nominal damage boost to your spells (mostly the CWDT ones, but also Fire Burst if you've got any non-fire spell damage added in), but this isn't particularly meaningful. It opens the possibility of turning the chest skill into a shocker skill, giving you the damage boost from shock status without the need for Vinktar's (but only, of course, if they survive the first hit).

It costs you a little bit of leech from the Eye of Innocence, and can result in lower burn damage (due to dealing less fire damage). That's usually not important, as usually we only care that the burn happened at all, but can be relevant to Fire Burst burns inflicted against bosses.

It also means that physical reflect maps can now be used to turn you into a god of destruction, and not just elemental reflect ones, giving you a few more options in maps to roll up or buy.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jan 6, 2017, 3:33:13 AM
Got this yesterday :

- now I'm trying to play without faster attacks but with HoA. Killing trash sometims ignites everything around them and some extra fire damage for phys spells.

"
lapilesos wrote:
Got this yesterday :

- now I'm trying to play without faster attacks but with HoA. Killing trash sometims ignites everything around them and some extra fire damage for phys spells.

Culling strike is an interesting implicit to work with. You could also try that one with my Vengeance idea a few posts up. Vengeance + Fortify + green gem (Additional Accuracy, maybe?), or leave the green as whirling blades if you feel like you're getting by without faster attacks already. That'd make it a defacto pair of three links and retain your movement skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info