[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
BruceWirris wrote:
"
Keisuke102 wrote:
Can you post a leveling tree guide for this build? And what ascendancies to take first.

Traverse the tree fully grabbing life along the way as needed.

Focus on life and stats until level 70+ - Once you hit 68 and can use fire burst, the damage is just fine without skilltree buffs and you wont die constantly.

Get your ascendancy.

Get Overload, AoF and Vaal pact as soon as you get the fireburst weapon.

Enjoy care free AFK mapping. (lightning warp is decent to get around with in a CWDT setup and will help avoid damage when you're under 4k HP).

Thanks for the reply. Should I go rush for Cloaked in Savagery first or does it really matter?
"
Keisuke102 wrote:
"
BruceWirris wrote:
"
Keisuke102 wrote:
Can you post a leveling tree guide for this build? And what ascendancies to take first.

Traverse the tree fully grabbing life along the way as needed.

Focus on life and stats until level 70+ - Once you hit 68 and can use fire burst, the damage is just fine without skilltree buffs and you wont die constantly.

Get your ascendancy.

Get Overload, AoF and Vaal pact as soon as you get the fireburst weapon.

Enjoy care free AFK mapping. (lightning warp is decent to get around with in a CWDT setup and will help avoid damage when you're under 4k HP).

Thanks for the reply. Should I go rush for Cloaked in Savagery first or does it really matter?

I went for that first. It's the essential ingredient to getting the survivability and leeching back to full in a flash. The other 4 nodes are entirely about getting the damage boost.
"
BruceWirris wrote:
Guys... you seriously need to start using Vaal Cyclone.

So damn good in breaches.

They should just play Breaches in general. Oodles of fun.
"
tomay wrote:
Refunding the five passives for Breath of Flames is a quite interesting aspect... 45% increased damage is nothing to write home about and the 10% Chance to ignite can easily be mitigated with good Jewels. Looking at my tree, with these five passives I could grab two more max Life nodes (4% + 3%) and another jewels socket (left from Tirelsss with 16% incr Armour along the way), that's another 7% max life, 3% Chance to Ignite and one or two damage modifiers. This might well be worth it...

Jewels are a possible way to open up a lot of alternatives in both the tree and gear. The problem is in finding the jewels that have the right modifiers. Getting jewels with 3 modifiers you need can be expensive (sometimes you can find them for a few chaos, depending on how useful they are for popular builds and how difficult the seller realizes that combination is to get, other times it's 30c+ each, or all the way up into exalted orbs for one).

I've been using jewels to resolve the Dexterity issue. One way is to get a big chunk of dex on your dex/boots/helm, like the OP did. But that's a suffix slot which eats up a potential resistance contribution (and even if you're overcapped anyways, why not get some chaos resistance?). That or, in a new league, you just might find it difficult to find such an item with the dexterity and everything else you want. So you can instead get Dexterity on your jewels. You can get up to +26 dexterity on a single jewel (up to +16 to one stat from one mod, and +10 to two stats from a second mod; there's also a mod that boosts all attributes by up to 8, but I'm not sure if you can get that with the other two even with corruption; they're all suffixes). About three jewels in the +16 territory and you should have all the dex you need when combined with the Eye's implicit--and if you're really gungho about the idea, you might try getting a corrupted Eye with +1 curse or something and getting more dex jewels.

We pretty much always want the +max life % modifier. A +Str modifier is good for yet more life; dex modifiers are good for opening up that suffix on your gear; chance to ignite is also solid for us if you aren't already (near) max, or want to spec out some ignite nodes without losing too much ignite chance in the end; any applicable damage modifiers are nice; etc. We've got options on what is a good combination of 3 or 4 jewel mods, it's just hard to find these combinations for sale (and it's actually fairly expensive to try to roll one up yourself; getting two might not be too costly, as that's just alt orbs for the most part, but getting the third is regals).
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 19, 2016, 4:03:04 AM
7% max Life is the one mod we really want on jewels, the rest is pretty much bonus material...

Resistances help with over-capping.

Attack Speed for faster whirling.

We all love Chance to Ignite.

If you're using BV you probably need some Dexterity on the jewels ((155 required @ lvl 20), as a Marauder we start with 14 dex, 70 from tree and 24 with max implicit on Eye only gets us 108 dex which isn't even enough for lvl 20 Faster Attacks (111). And there's no shame in grabbing the 30 DEX node in the tree. I'd rather have lots of STR on gloves or boots (50 STR = 105 Life in my case, hard to get that from one passive).

... and then there is Damage, Fire Damage, Area Damage, Spell Damage for a bit more Ooomph. But increased damage is the least of our concerns. We clear maps just fine and our capability to take on high-tier map bosses depends on survivability not kill speed. Anything that cannot kill us will die... eventually. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Dec 19, 2016, 9:43:45 AM
How hard is crafting a sceptre like that? (Send me a message if someone would craft one for me and charge me for that service). I never crafted anything.

My sceptre has:
40% elemental damage.
52% spell damage.
25% attack speed.
2 to 33 lightning to spells.
0.29 phys damage leeched as mana.

I couldn't find one with 10% chance to cast fire burst.
You will need two Essences of Hysteria, this is essential for this build.

One for the sceptre:

"
Weapon: 10% chance to Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit

One for the helmet:

"
Helmet: Socketed Gems have 50% chance to Ignite
"
tomay wrote:
"
micke101 wrote:
Hey i have a question.. What chest piece armor do u suggest instead of a tabula?

This question seems to be asked on every other page of this thread... :D

Kaom's Heart* offers the highest increase to our Life pool (and up to 40% increased Fire Damage), followed by The Rat Cage and Belly of the Beast. Failing that, any rare chest with lots of Life (maybe essenced with Greed) will help, armour and resistances are always a nice bonus.

And then there is The Brass Dome, however, it has no Life or Resistances and we only get 70% increased armour from the tree which isn't really enough to take full advantage if the insane amount of armour from this chest. But not taking extra damage from critical strikes makes it a viable choice nevertheless. As with all exclusively STR-based chests, the costs of colouring the sockets for our needs can be quite significant though.

*Kaom's Heart has no sockets so you will have to play without any active skills really, not that it matters much, clearing maps this way takes a bit longer but it is entirely possible if not boring. So ideally you want to have Kaom's Heart in reserve and switch chests for the really hard hitters in late game.

So we dont really need the 6 link? i've found that the active is good for rares with alot of hp that doesnt go down so fast but maybe thats not needed at all? and thanks for the answer :)
"
micke101 wrote:

So we dont really need the 6 link? i've found that the active is good for rares with alot of hp that doesnt go down so fast but maybe thats not needed at all? and thanks for the answer :)

It depend's on your playstyle and now safe you want to play it. Tomey seems a bit chill on the clearing speed which isn't necessarily a bad thing. After all he/she has reached lvl 96 playing the build in that way! I have not.

I on the other hand am clear focused on all my builds (part of the reason I went with fire burst) and therefore go with blade vortex. If you check the newly published build guide, most of the boss killing material is killed with dual moku's embrace and a 6l belly (tabula rasa works just as well). You can see that in the brand new build guide video, which has some boss kills from 3:18 in the clip. T13 Plaza that some have reported issues with goes down in 2.5-3 secs with shock on it, T13 scriptorium map that some have stated can't be killed goes down in 2 secs. No vaal molten shell action, no nothing except shocking them.

The clearing material in that clip is also done with dual moku's embrace mostly.

So I recommend going 6L tabula rasa (10c) or maybe 5L belly.

Many have asked about the 4 blue colours belly of the beast. In those boss kills I just mentioned I am using: BV+echo+chance to ignite+conc effect(for boss fights, otherwise inc. aoe) + added fire damage+fire pen. That is GBBBRR. It is fine as well.

If I would drop one gem for a 5L it would be fire pen. Best of luck!
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Dec 19, 2016, 1:55:49 PM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
Many have asked about the 4 blue colours belly of the beast. In those boss kills I just mentioned I am using: BV+echo+chance to ignite+conc effect(for boss fights, otherwise inc. aoe) + added fire damage+fire pen. That is GBBBRR. It is fine as well.

If I would drop one gem for a 5L it would be fire pen. Best of luck!

That's a double-dipping burn setup, right? I haven't tried that yet.

Just did an ele reflect Vaal Temple (gods I love ele reflect; if only every map I ever rolled or vaal'd had that...), and the bosses were melted down in a hurry. I actually lagged up for maybe a second after the kill of the first one and ended up dying partially because I was on the degen pile. But the second boss had less than 10% HP when I died; and the third one, who had whirlwind'd half a screen away, only had 30% left. Took out 90% of his HP in one second of standing still due to lag! Incidentally, the lagginess of this season plus the crumminess of my mouse/keyboard is one of the main reasons I wanted to play this build this season, and it has not disappointed once I got it rolling. It's nice when you can lag spike or lose all control of your mouse/keyboard for a few seconds and go "yeah, everything but me is probably dead by now, hope I got some good loot".

I'll check out your Plaza and Script vids later; I haven't tried those in a while, but they were annoying. Script due to massive damage spike and Plaza because most of her damage doesn't trigger CWDT. The other boss I've found pretty annoying and deadly is the Waterways boss, since he goes full immune + full reflect at times. I've heard the Dark Forest boss can be tough, presumably because he goes Full Immune as well (though I suppose if we've got enough DPS to burn him down before the form change...).

"
Angach wrote:
How hard is crafting a sceptre like that?

Like Tomay said, you just need a rare or normal sceptre, and then you use an Essence of Hysteria on it. Same for the helmet. If you get ilvl 83+ bases you'll have a shot at getting the highest tier mods, though it's a total crap shoot beyond the guaranteed mod. For the most part, all you need is that one special mod on each; anything else you get is a bonus. You could attempt using multiple Essences (you only need the one base, but if you get one you kind of like but think you can do better you could pick up a second base).
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 19, 2016, 2:21:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info