[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

thanks to crispieD for build. thanks to tomay for kaoms advice. thanks to timedilation for some different gem setups.

currently i can carry 5 man uber lab fully buffed izaro with kaoms heart afk (except last phase because teleporting into traps).

to reiterate what dilation said. since we use vaal pact, basalt flasks are essential and the only thing that can kill you in lab. when i do uber lab runs i do 4 life flasks (bubbling/seething/bleed) + 1 basalt (2 uses+ movement speed). 3 life + the consecrated ground unique flask + basalt (for faster izaro clears)

i finally got a guardian map to drop so will be attempting tonight or tomorrow. t15 bosses and below havent been an issue. i do have a problem with reflect though. how are you guys that have no problem countering that?

also, chripieD just posted a YT video with a few differences than OP. the helmet and sceptre gems have changed. i will test tonight but wanted to see reasoning behind it.

i will link my items later when i get home. thanks again to all for a fun build. did BV, RF, FB (manual and totems), AW last league and this league wanted to do something different and really like the effects.
"
chotaBK wrote:
i do have a problem with reflect though. how are you guys that have no problem countering that?

Kaom's Heart + Purity of Fire works just fine for me.

"
chotaBK wrote:
the helmet and sceptre gems have changed. i will test tonight but wanted to see reasoning behind it

Using Shock Nova in the helmet when whirling into a pack generates more ignites than Ball Lightning... but maybe that's just me.

IMO Fire Penetration in the sceptre just works better for bosses with elemental resistances... and as for all the rest, meh. As long as they don't kill us, our own damage output doesn't matter much. They will die... eventually. :)
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
micke101 wrote:

So we dont really need the 6 link? i've found that the active is good for rares with alot of hp that doesnt go down so fast but maybe thats not needed at all? and thanks for the answer :)

It depend's on your playstyle and now safe you want to play it. Tomey seems a bit chill on the clearing speed which isn't necessarily a bad thing. After all he/she has reached lvl 96 playing the build in that way! I have not.

I on the other hand am clear focused on all my builds (part of the reason I went with fire burst) and therefore go with blade vortex. If you check the newly published build guide, most of the boss killing material is killed with dual moku's embrace and a 6l belly (tabula rasa works just as well). You can see that in the brand new build guide video, which has some boss kills from 3:18 in the clip. T13 Plaza that some have reported issues with goes down in 2.5-3 secs with shock on it, T13 scriptorium map that some have stated can't be killed goes down in 2 secs. No vaal molten shell action, no nothing except shocking them.

The clearing material in that clip is also done with dual moku's embrace mostly.

So I recommend going 6L tabula rasa (10c) or maybe 5L belly.

Many have asked about the 4 blue colours belly of the beast. In those boss kills I just mentioned I am using: BV+echo+chance to ignite+conc effect(for boss fights, otherwise inc. aoe) + added fire damage+fire pen. That is GBBBRR. It is fine as well.

If I would drop one gem for a 5L it would be fire pen. Best of luck!

So Tabula with double mokus u mean then? Shock nova is it you mean?
thanks alot for the answers! :D really nice build, i love it! <3
Last edited by micke101 on Dec 19, 2016, 4:46:08 PM
"
chotaBK wrote:
thanks to crispieD for build. thanks to tomay for kaoms advice. thanks to timedilation for some different gem setups.

currently i can carry 5 man uber lab fully buffed izaro with kaoms heart afk (except last phase because teleporting into traps).

to reiterate what dilation said. since we use vaal pact, basalt flasks are essential and the only thing that can kill you in lab. when i do uber lab runs i do 4 life flasks (bubbling/seething/bleed) + 1 basalt (2 uses+ movement speed). 3 life + the consecrated ground unique flask + basalt (for faster izaro clears)

i finally got a guardian map to drop so will be attempting tonight or tomorrow. t15 bosses and below havent been an issue. i do have a problem with reflect though. how are you guys that have no problem countering that?

also, chripieD just posted a YT video with a few differences than OP. the helmet and sceptre gems have changed. i will test tonight but wanted to see reasoning behind it.

i will link my items later when i get home. thanks again to all for a fun build. did BV, RF, FB (manual and totems), AW last league and this league wanted to do something different and really like the effects.

For reflect:

Cloaked in savagery nodes, eye, AA, and somewhat my use of Warlord's Mark (though it's not necessary), plus Vaal pact should give you everything you need. Even without the 100% leech from cloaked, you've got 1% base (2% if you've killed recently), plus you should be ignited so that's another 2% from Eye. An 18% reflect with 75% resist means you're taking 4.5% of the damage dealt. A level 20 AA gives 13% less fire damage taken, so that's 3.915%. You should be leeching 4%, so you should be leeching a net positive and rapidly hitting Cloaked in Savagery for a substantial overleech.

For helm gems:

The point here is basically to generate as many ignites and hits as possible. The ignites are so that your Eye ignites you and starts triggering your CWDTs, as well as gives you the boosts from Mokou's and the Eye itself. The hits are so that you trigger Fire Burst as soon as possible as often as possible, which the CWDTs themselves feed into. The use of BV as the main skill is basically a choice of skill that can generate lots of hits rapidly. What gems to use in your helm becomes a question of which ones will generate the most hits and ignites in the situations you most need them in. Skills that can hit an area or otherwise pierce/chain through targets are highly desirable in this regards. Novas hit an area around you, which synergizes well with your BV area; Arc chains around a bunch, can strike at range, and acts quickly; Firestorm and bladefall hit repeatedly in an area;glacial cascade and freezing pulse pierce and hit everything in their way, but unfortunately that's basically a line and mobs usually aren't that nicely lined up (but they can be good for quick hits against ranged attackers, like arc); so on and so forth. I've not yet checked exactly which gems the new guide is using, but I think these are the sort of considerations to keep in mind.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 19, 2016, 5:21:58 PM
So, what about breach lords?
I've tried Tul yesterday. My actual setup is tabula with BV, 1 mokou, 1 emberwake. Got something arround 5.4 life... 1 shot by tul everytime. Have anyone tried Tul or the other breach lords with sucess?
Love the build. As soon as I saw the updated video I did as I commented and I spent all day converting my Warchief Totem build to the GG version of this build using Kaoms + Taming/Ember + etc. Question tho, how do you craft spell damage on a mace? I can't find spell damage anywhere except catarina who doesn't do spell damage for maces.
"
micke101 wrote:

So Tabula with double mokus u mean then? Shock nova is it you mean?
thanks alot for the answers! :D really nice build, i love it! <3

Yes, dual moku's and tabula. What shocks the mobs in my case i the flask vessle of vinktar. Vask lightning trap would have the same effect, but much cheaper.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
fuinharlz wrote:
I've tried Tul yesterday. My actual setup is tabula with BV, 1 mokou, 1 emberwake. Got something arround 5.4 life... 1 shot by tul everytime. Have anyone tried Tul or the other breach lords with sucess?

My char is sadly om Std. If getting one shot is the issue, try 2 whirl through the boss every now and then, for extra mitigation. Some1 else probably has a good way.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
fuinharlz wrote:

Tul appears to be exploiting old school shotgunning. The cheater. There is a highly telegraphed attack of his where he fires out a ton of icy orbs out at once in a cone (and he can rotate it to track you). If you stand right next to him, apparently (almost) every single orb will hit you and do full damage. And possibly it's actually counted as a DoT or something as I don't recall my CWDTs ever triggering from this massively cheesy attack, basically preventing me from leeching myself back to full. However, if you pay attention you will notice the tell on the attack and you can start moving out of the way. While he can rotate to follow you, he's not very fast at it. Also, you won't take nearly as much damage far away (possibly he has Point Blank for this attack, not sure, otherwise it's just because you're avoiding his shotgun cheat), so even if you mess it up a little bit as long as you got away from him you should be fine.

That said, Tul is my least favorite of the three elemental Breach lords so far. Very easy to rip to him because of his shotgun BS. Esh seems the easiest, at least with shock immunity, as you can pretty much just stand on top of him and not care. With Xoph you might actually need to move, as the DoT effects he spawns in the arena are pretty severe.

Another general tip is that little breaches will randomly appear in the boss rooms, and stepping on them will add extra monsters. For some builds these are more trouble than they're worth, but for us they're lovely: they give extra hits for extra leech and Fire Burst proc chances, as well as flask charges. Don't be afraid to throw up a TP in the boss room and make a quick exit as soon as your flasks get a little low or things otherwise get a little dicey.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
For reflect:

An 18% reflect with 75% resist means you're taking 4.5% of the damage dealt. A level 20 AA gives 13% less fire damage taken, so that's 3.915%.

All well and good... in theory. But do keep in mind that AA only provides damage mitigation while being stationary, i.e. AA does sweet eff all for us while whirling around the place. Better have your Ruby flasks up or use Purity of Fire in reflect maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info