[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

I'm thinking this is going to be one of my favorite builds! I'm completely unoptimized at the moment because I just respected a level 77 I had in standard and outside of the required uniques the rest of my gear is whatever trash I had laying in my stash to give me capped resists. All cwdt setups are at right levels, but magma orb and links are only level 16-18. Still easily cleared every T6 map and merc Izaro and Argus.

This is the perfect build for me because with 4 kids the main time I get to play is late at night after they've gone to bed so I'm falling asleep and making mistakes. The few times I do play while they are awake I'm constantly interrupted so it's great to be able to walk away without coming back to a respawn message.

One question on the build. What about fingerless gloves instead of armor gloves for the spell damage implicit? Or is the armor better for survivability?
Last edited by stoudtlr on Oct 9, 2017, 11:37:42 PM
I wish more people who post questions would simply READ the original post in its entirety...
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
stoudtlr wrote:
I'm thinking this is going to be one of my favorite builds! I'm completely unoptimized at the moment because I just respected a level 77 I had in standard and outside of the required uniques the rest of my gear is whatever trash I had laying in my stash to give me capped resists. All cwdt setups are at right levels, but magma orb and links are only level 16-18. Still easily cleared every T6 map and merc Izaro and Argus.

This is the perfect build for me because with 4 kids the main time I get to play is late at night after they've gone to bed so I'm falling asleep and making mistakes. The few times I do play while they are awake I'm constantly interrupted so it's great to be able to walk away without coming back to a respawn message.

The same reasons I like it as well!
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
What do u guys think about The Red Dream Crimson Jewel which Gain 5% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage and granting Endurance charges? :> Survive +++ with it no? And dps also coz we r fire damage boyz?
Got your build now complete on my char and what can i say........i love it, makes so much fun. The only contra i crashed the game 2 times till now;)......thank you ChrispieD for divide it to the community
"
stoudtlr wrote:

One question on the build. What about fingerless gloves instead of armor gloves for the spell damage implicit? Or is the armor better for survivability?

It's warming to hear that you guys are enjoying the build! :). So people don't understand me, but I feel quite relaxed when playing POE compared to other games like Overwatch etc.

As for the gloves question, it has been mentioned some times that there are better gloves than those I use and here is my reasoning:
- As for rare glove base: Gripped gloves give most damage followed by fingerless gloves
- As for best essence:
* Deafening essence of greed - gives high life roll
* Essence of hysteria - gives fire damage to socketed gems

If you ask me, I don't find the gloves worth to roll yourself, so I buy them ready. Every factor like a specific glove base or specific essence usage makes the gloves more expensive for a very low reward. So my tip is:
Buy gloves with as big life roll as possible, it is possible with str roll to reach around 140 base life on gloves, which is insane.

"
Khavali wrote:

The same reasons I like it as well!

Nice to hear :)

"
ricks939 wrote:
Got your build now complete on my char and what can i say........i love it, makes so much fun. The only contra i crashed the game 2 times till now;)......thank you ChrispieD for divide it to the community

Cool that you like it :). I haven't crashed the game with this build since 3.0, but several guys have crashed on harbingers apparently.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Oct 11, 2017, 8:35:17 AM
"
MadPamperz wrote:
What do u guys think about The Red Dream Crimson Jewel which Gain 5% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage and granting Endurance charges? :> Survive +++ with it no? And dps also coz we r fire damage boyz?

Red dream can be used, but you lose precious life in exchange for some endurance charges. If you really like it, try it.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
I'm currently running this in harbinger league and loving it. I'm going for a mostly-afk style with no active ability, so I have an extra CWDT + Flame Surge, vaal spark, riposte/vengeance + culling strike, and I run 2 heralds + anger for full mana reservation.

What do you think about getting elemental equilibrium? It's only 3 points away. Since we're doing all 3 elements of damage (ball lightning, firestorm/magmaorb, glacial cascade), that seems like free damage.
"
Ortt wrote:
I'm currently running this in harbinger league and loving it. I'm going for a mostly-afk style with no active ability, so I have an extra CWDT + Flame Surge, vaal spark, riposte/vengeance + culling strike, and I run 2 heralds + anger for full mana reservation.

Uh...How is this at all the same build?
"

Uh...How is this at all the same build?

All I really changed was to remove the active magma orb and whirling blades gems, and replace them with other (passive) stuff that I happened to have. The gear and skill tree are otherwise the same, and the play style (afk, no active damage) is in line with the pre-3.0 versions of this build.

But the question stands regardless- even following the build exactly, I'm still curious about the creator's thoughts on elemental equilibrium in his build. :)
Last edited by Ortt on Oct 11, 2017, 3:49:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info