[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

I am just leveling a Berserker for this build. Thank you for sharing!

While leveling, this pair of boots actually dropped. Do you think they would work well with this build?

HC? Oh dear ... I think it has been mentioned in the guide that this build is not exactly HC material. :D

But as long as you stay clear of certain map bosses you should be fine. My lvl 96 Marauder (with up to 9.5k HP when using Kaom's Heart) still gets his arse regularly handed back to him by some bosses, namely Malachai and Rigwald, and some of the Guardians... never ripped to the likes of Kaom, Piety, Vaal, Oak... Daresso got lucky a few times (with really mean map mods), Dominus in his first form can be very nasty or Shavronne, don't even think of going near them without Purity of Lightning (or topaz flasks). Reflect maps can be done with Purity of Fire... you just have to be flexible and should know what you're up against. Non-Leech or ailment maps are a big NO-NO.

In general I'd say, using this build in HC is a bad idea... it rather belongs into the fun-build category. ;)
"
While leveling, this pair of boots actually dropped. Do you think they would work well with this build?

Sure, this build LOVES ignites but to be honest we benefit more from lots of life on boots and they are a great source for resistances too (with so many unique items capping resistances is a b*tch :).

If you have your Hysteria-essenced helmet and the Chance to Ignite gem linked to you main setup you will get more than enough ignites anyway. If you're still not happy, add some ignite jewels.

"
tomay wrote:
"

Sure, this build LOVES ignites but to be honest we benefit more from lots of life on boots and they are a great source for resistances too (with so many unique items capping resistances is a b*tch :).

If you have your Hysteria-essenced helmet and the Chance to Ignite gem linked to you main setup you will get more than enough ignites anyway. If you're still not happy, add some ignite jewels.

That reminds me, do you have any idea how Elemental Proliferation works when using Emberwake?

I also second the issues with Shavronne (or her map variation in the Scriptorium). Mostly she's a non-issue except when she uses Vaal Spark every 25% or so. Other than that her ball lightning comes in predictable chunks that you can just walk out of the range of, and then channel some firestorms or something over her. But the Vaal Spark seems to drastically out pace what I can currently heal, even with a desperate button-smashing of instant-heal life flasks thrown in. Definitely need that topaz flask. Of course, when I ran that Scriptorium I was running a map with EE (so doing half damage most of the time), monsters have 90% chance to avoid status ailments (so healing from razor is severely nerfed), and hexproof (so no flammability+warlord's mark, or whatever you're using; I'm currently using double-curse with a flammability aura and WM on a low-level CWDT). The non-boss mobs were easy-peasy, even with the Beyond mod also being there, but do not run that many build-nerfing mods against that boss!

Dominus, or his t12 Residence map version, was a push-over, other than that you still need to avoid The Touch of God. I had ~6k HP and AA and it still one-shot me (I might have failed to flask, thinking I had whirl'd out in time; I think with Granite+Basalt up I could tank it). But I could face tank the lightning gun and the Touch of Divinity and the adds no problem.

So, basically, in my Incinerate+Fireball+GMP+Blind combo most of the time the mods don't matter. I've regularly been stuck running EE maps up to tier 12 due to bad luck and things still melt away before me, including breaches, while face tanking bosses (including most of Dominus as above, and twinned Quays, Shaped Arid Lake (with bosses enraged), and Underground River).
"
HC? Oh dear ... I think it has been mentioned in the guide that this build is not exactly HC material. :D

I started T8 maps, with my friend, at level 70 and felt immortal without Razor and Eye :D
Even if it's fun-build, I play for fun despite HC.
Last edited by Glicerin on Dec 12, 2016, 12:32:39 AM
Hi!
I've run into a problem.
I am running pretty low on life. I picked as many nodes as I could on the go and there are maybe 3-5 left to pick up which isn't very much.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zirocnis/characters
You can see my stuff and passive here character is "Dramorien"

I'm at 4325 with a tabula
4606 with a random 95 life 6L
4893 with the rat cage on.

I get constantly oneshot by bosses and sometimes even from posessed rares.

Is there a way to improve on my tree etct to get more life?
The only thing I see are the 2 rares having "low" crafted life rolls on them but I still can't see reaching 6,8-7k even with good rolled rares.

Plz help! :D
Thank you!

-R
"

No, we can not because your profile "has been set to private".
"
Glicerin wrote:
"

Oh yeah, now it should work.
"
Zirocnis wrote:
"
Glicerin wrote:
"

You're missing quite a lot of the life nodes, actually. There's the 3 nodes left on the chaos/life wheel, plus the life/mana regen wheel near Elemental Overload. I would suggest removing the three nodes giving elemental damage and a socket and completing the chaos/life wheel, as that will probably give you more life. There's also the jewel socket near vaal pact, and the three life nodes just to the left of that, and another jewel socket to be had south of EO and that life/regen wheel I mentioned. That's 11 nodes you can get life out of!

You picked up two of the nodes from the burn wheel near Avatar of Fire, and those might be better spent on getting the life.

Additionally, you've converted some of your strength nodes into Dex nodes with one jewel, which will lower your base life pool.

In my experience, you don't really need to focus much on damage nodes until you're running T10+. Prioritize your life nodes until you've got them all.
"
Zirocnis wrote:
"
Glicerin wrote:
"

And as for your gear...

You've got two sockets open in your razor, and your whirling blades in your gloves. Shouldn't you have the WB in the razor with FA+Fortify?

You should also consider upping your helm CWDT combo up to at least level 64 spells. The helm's +50% chance to ignite is meaningless if you can't do enough damage to actually ignite anything. That's a rule to always remember: your damage must meet a certain minimum threshold, based on the target's maximum life and rarity, in order to inflict a status ailment. Low level spells just don't have the oomph you want there.

I'm also seeing questionable resistances, especially since you're using a unique set of gloves that only give a moderate amount to one resist. If you aren't at 75% with all elemental resists in Merciless (and preferably overcapped by at least 30 points, to buffer against curses), you're going to suffer a *lot* of damage.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 12, 2016, 1:30:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info