[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Then after using Hysteria on a item, What if the item has terrible? Throw it away and buy more helmets or sceptre and do it again until I get what I want on items?
"
Broadmoon wrote:
Then after using Hysteria on a item, What if the item has terrible? Throw it away and buy more helmets or sceptre and do it again until I get what I want on items?

Hysterias can reroll rares, so no need to scour it or get a new base. You can just hysteria it again. That said, if you check the OP, the enchants on his sceptre and helmet are pretty garbage. The scepter gave him basically nothing he actually wants, except for the one mod which was guaranteed by the hysteria. I just managed to get two "useful" ones on my sceptre: +5-58 lightning damage to spells (more damage), and +35% fire resistance (one less resistance to worry about on rares I have more control over), and a slot available for +spell damage master craft. Neither of which is optimal by a far stretch. But I think it's pretty solid compared to the one the OP began this thread with.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 8, 2016, 7:58:28 AM
And here's a cheap idea for a sub-optimal substitute while you wait to get an Eye of Innocence (and probably a Taming, too):

Use this ring:

And put a low level Summon Skeletons gem into one of your low level CWDT combos. The skeletons will die pretty easily and can even get over-summoned (and thus killed) if they manage to tough it out, and the ring will then tick you for physical damage hits to trigger CWDT combos (and Vaal Molten Shell, or even regular Molten Shell, if desired). This is one of the useful benefits of the Eye, giving CWDT triggers without directly relying on getting hit by monsters, but duplicated for the cost of maybe an alchemy orb. It doesn't help you get self-ignited or give you additional fire leeching, but I believe it should be fairly functional.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 8, 2016, 8:07:18 AM
"
Broadmoon wrote:
What if the item has terrible?

You'll have to be extremely unlucky to get a 6-mod item with 5 mods being entirely uselss. As long as you can craft something useful like spell damage or flat fire to spells on the sceptre and life/armour/resist on the helmet you shouldn't worry too much for now. You will always get Fire Burst and Ignite Chance and that's all you need for this build to work.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 8, 2016, 9:13:05 AM
Yea very cheap build, eye of innocence is oly 2.5 exalts now

are there alternatives to do this real cheap?
"
09aflames wrote:
Yea very cheap build, eye of innocence is oly 2.5 exalts now

are there alternatives to do this real cheap?

I just mentioned one like two posts ago.

That said, prices are inflated due to the fresh economy. A razor will currently cost you around 1ex in this league. In standard it's like 9c. Similarly for Abyssus (which this build doesn't need, but if you check the prices you'll see what I mean). That's because demand is higher than the supply, and people want these items to make their builds work right now. With time the prices will fall. Luckily for me, I got an Abyssus to drop, so I basically cashed that in and got a razor. I'm still short the taming and the innocence, but my idea above of using cannon fodder skeletons should work. I haven't yet tried it specifically around this sort of set-up (though it shouldn't be long before I do), but I've seen other builds use it effectively with essentially the same ideas.

So, yes, it may not be a cheap *starter build*, but if you're looking for a new-sounding idea that's a cheap starter build, then you are most likely on a fool's errand. Stick with your cookie cutter builds if you want cheap starters.
For better sustainability without Eye and Razor and you might as well throw in a life leech gem or two, link it to the manual cast and/or high lvl CWDT setup (move AA into the Faster Attack socket for the time being). This should make life a bit easier.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 8, 2016, 10:39:16 AM
Thank you for replying! It helped me a lot :) And this build is awesome

Also what gives you life leech on this build? I keep dying because my character doesn't leech life enough :(

Sorry for keep asking many questions XD

@Lys1gen thank you! And it is much better with sceptre and gems :)
Last edited by Broadmoon on Dec 9, 2016, 12:19:22 AM
Thanks for answering the stuff here tomay ;)
I'm running this build fine without eye of innocence (I do have razor though). The damage was quite bad without the hysteria'd scepter, but now I'm rocking everything I've encountered so far (even though it has absolute craprolls). Especially fun in breaches.

@Broadmoon, the life leech comes from the ascendancy points. And razor of the seventh sun.
Last edited by Lys1gen on Dec 8, 2016, 11:23:43 PM
Without a source of self-inflicted CWDT's I'm still doing pretty well. Mostly as a Cast When Channel build combined with the Fire Burst on the sceptre, but otherwise with the same skill tree. The only uniques I'm using are

the first two of which (the rings) are cheap. I do have a fairly nice chest for this early in the league, which contains my main CwCh setup

The Blind gem is just sort of there "because", but it's proving pretty effective from a defensive standpoint. This way you're shooting out 5 incinerates and fireballs in a rapid fire cone, and you'll basically blind everything you hit. Blind gives everything a 50% miss chance against you, and very few things are actually immune to it (there's an act 4 mob that has Resolute Technique which therefore ignores blind, but many bosses are not immune, which includes Uber Atziri). Very convenient when Incinerate requires you to stand in one place.

The reason I don't put another spell in there is because of the way CwCh works. It doesn't cast *all* of the spells whenever its counter ends. It casts only one of them each time, in order. So linking a second spell would mean I'm getting each of the linked spells only once very .7 seconds at best (alternating between each one every .35), instead of getting one of them every .35 at best.

No idea if incinerate+fireball is the optimal channel here, though. Scorching ray is always attractive, and firestorm instead of fireball may be smart as well. Mostly I like the combo because they're both projectiles, which opens up things like GMP for a cone effect and projectile damage modifiers on jewels. Also fireball has an intrinsic ignite chance, which is nice, especially to recoup lost health via the Razor.

I'm running AA and a Flammability curse aura with my reservations, and only have two labs completed. Still, going for Cloak of Savagery ensures you pick up some life and mana leech along the way, and you either need mana leech or a lot of mana regen to continually run Incinerate in a 6-link (I currently run out sometimes if I try to reserve any more).
Last edited by TimeDilation on Dec 9, 2016, 12:50:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info