[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

@Chris I've reached lv 85 , doing T15 atm and the build is unstoppable .
but i've been having a hard time reaching your cast speed .
I've played around alot with path of building and i added max cast speed jewels and still i couldnt reach your cast rate which is (5.1 cast rate).
Can you tell me how did you reach this number without having cast speed on your sceptre?

Profile Name: YouHitMeYouLag
you can see i got all the required items except for the green dream.

Edit: nvm i bought the green dream and played with the config in Path of building and i managed to reach 4.5 cast rate without the jewels .
Last edited by LunarArcanee on Sep 10, 2017, 9:15:50 AM
so first update, killed phoenix by replacing flam curse with enfeeble and running glitter disc. at 7.5k hp you cannot face tank his discharge so gtfo of he will kill you. killed first 4 bosses in shaper map, merv, spider, cursed king, cyclone guy. they were easy no way they could kill me. shaper on the other hand was a different story, this was my first attempt at him so i didnt know the mechanics 100%. with enfeeble you can tank the beam as long as you have high enough cast speed, tanked the slam first 3 times, not sure how exactly i think arc saved me or MS they are the only 2 spells i run that are instant. the odd part is that after he got to 60ish percent the slam started to 1 shot me. so, if you do him make sure u gtfo out of the slam. now that i know the mechanics i would guess that you could do him with the glitter disc setup, but it is going to be a longer fight and you will have to know the mechanics, the hard part is that the build drops fps very low so its hard to make out when he does his pansy twirl and dissapears so make sure u have a move flask up and get out of the way. if you can get out of the way of the slam i would think that this build would be able to do him without an issue other than the fps drop. i will farm up some more maps and attempt him again and post with the results. i am level 90 still so a couple more levels wouldnt hurt either. the helm would probably be the best option because you would be able to run an offhand and speed the fight up a bit because of the dps increase, but if you can manage to avoid the slam glitter disc would be the cheapest option by far, only 1 chaos.

current setup, gems etc.

https://pastebin.com/Xjk0kL25

with lvl 20 q20 gems and a lvl 21 magma orb max dps with enfeeble is 151k ish, i tried it with lvl 19 gem and without a wise oak so its possible that with a lvl 21 magma orb and an oak that the fight would go a bit faster but not by much i wouldnt think. this is also without green dream because with the disc i dont think you would be able to burn him fast enough to keep the charges up between phases and for 5ex you could get a claw/sword that you could build a boss killer with. keep in mind i was trying to keep this as budget as possible, so with enchants the helm and jewels with life, cast speed and spell dmg it would probably go rather fast and as long as you dont get slammed it should be easy. hopefully this helps.

Last edited by Velynis on Sep 10, 2017, 1:09:20 PM
"
ThisisFreak wrote:
have u tried chayula? can it do chayula?

I haven't tried her as I don't have the set, but I tried all the other breachlords. They were cake and I even afked the xoph I think. On Uul netol I had like 1 or 1.5 mins margin when clearing.

I've had feedback on chayula before, and the boss fight itself hasn't been a problem according to the reporter. However, clearing fast enough was a problem with the old passive version.

Important note is that the version I am running now should deal with the breach clearing a lot better.

Sadly I can't test chayula right now as I am testing another build on my char, but I am almost 100% sure you can take down chayula, as it has been a piece of cake for all builds I have tried it on.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder

Great post! What is killing you on minotaur is getting two shot. If you really want to face tank him, high lvl CWDT firestorm is pretty neat as it hits the boss all the time, even when your CWDT setups are on cooldown. Alsom, use physical mitigation flasks.
"
MadPamperz wrote:
"
OBS!!! LEVEL ON THE GEMS IN THE "CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN" SETUPS NEED TO BE THE EXACT SAME LEVEL AS MINE, DON'T LEVEL IT MORE!!!

Hi, but can I up the Quality of these gems?

Yes.
"
anthouwgame wrote:
First I want to say thanks to ChrispieD for the build!
This build saved me from boriness of farming. I like it a lot, but I got the question - which quality of gems I should have, because I've seen some quality on gems? except main magma orb setup
Spoiler
(obviously coz of 20% might be there)

Except the main 6l setup, whirling blades and faster attacks have some use of quality. All other setups are close to useless to quality.
"
Dalzienar wrote:
Thanks to the guys Chilifreak and ChrispieD for a really enjoyable build. Having great fun with it and hoping to hit 90 soon!

A couple of questions - in the 2.5 video guide you take Avatar of Fire, but it's not in the 3.0 skill tree - I'm assuming it's not now needed. Q2 - are there any map mods we need to avoid?

Finally, I've got a bit of work to do on my gear, so any advice appreciated.

Q1: Avatar of fire, added fire damage to spells on sceptre or anger are 3 different ways of adding fire damage to all spells, so all spells can ignite. My first version used, the first alternative, my second version used the second alternative and my current version uses the third alternativel.

Q2: Any map mods that in combination with one shot bosses might lead to one shots are generally bad. No leech is a bit bad but not impossible. Ele reflect with minus max res combo is bad.

Q3: Can't have a look right now, maybe some1 else can help u.
"
f0nko wrote:
What to u think about change immolate for arcane surge?

Less damage.
"
Velynis wrote:

Nice post.

Generally on phoenix:
Get phoenix close to coruner so he can't whirl behind you and cast your magma orb till he dies, nothing he does can kill you in that position.

To not get one shot by his explosion, get 50% overcapped fire res as the explosion works like a flammability reducing your resistance by 50%, so if you are overcapped, you will still be capped on fire res. I think his explosion does like 5k dmg or something when I am using rise of the phoenix.

Generally on shaper:

Unless your hp is around 10k, or you use mitigation flasks, you should not tank the smash as it will kill you. The beam can be tanked. The small barrage balls can be tanked, but some times it can kill you, so don't tank it.

Since the whirling speed is so high, avoiding his smash is generally cake, just needs some practice. The hard part begins in the last phase when the shaper copy hits you, but he generally does less damage wit his attacks, so your CWDT setups usually handle it as long as you focus on the real copy.
Swapping immolate to concentrated effect on bosses, good or bad?

Also to contribute to the build - if you want more single target dps and boss can't 1-shot you or change stances(become invulnerable, move around etc.) it is possible to do the following:

- swap your razor with an ele/spell damage scepter that is socketed with righteous fire
- get a dousing HP flask

As for using righteous fire regularly in map in a high level cwdt setup it is a huge risk at some map mods so not worth it.
Last edited by GreatThree on Sep 10, 2017, 4:09:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info