[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Phiro wrote:
I'm doing something wrong with only armor? - since sometimes i die and i want to prevent this.
Thanks

What's an example of what you're dying to? Unless the damage is physical your armor won't mitigate it. Are you actively leeching at the time of death or is everything else dead in the area? Are there DOT effects near you or elemental damage like firestorm, storm/frost/flame bearers, etc? Have you been silenced? What's your max life at?
Hey there, I am trying your build as a legacy starter right now.

There are some things I don't understand:

1. where does the afk damage come from?
2. isnt the weapon suffix 'adds xx-xx fire damage to spells' more efficient for incinerating and dps than Avatar of Fire?
3. why do you have Arctic armour and Flammability in CWDT? afaik those dont work with CWDT

thanks for the guide, it's fun although i had twice as much damage with Ice Crush meelee and ancient warchief before conversion...
Hi, would someone mind explaining to me why vinktar's flask on this build? Because of avatar of fire wouldnt we not benefit from most of the flask (except the shock enemies around you)?
Please guys tell me. With what luchshe? Sparkle, Incinerate, Blade Vortex Belly Animal 6L
Any cards I run without problems difficulties on the bosses
Last edited by Cpt_Bourbon on Apr 2, 2017, 7:33:37 AM
Hello. So i've been utilizing this build and I like it. So this is a huge regard to the OP and I would definitely like to continue mastering some gear for it!
Which brings me to my next question: could somebode more experienced with this build review my gear and advice on what to aquire and move on two? My biggest concern at the moment is a question if using a chain lighting "ARK" in boots was a right call (as far as I understand the damage source is secondary its just has to be there and the output is approx the same as in the original guide).

And another question I just came up today: Should I level CWDT gems to max or just to support the spells that are ought to be triggered?
I am planning to hit Atziri later today and for what its worth the biggest problem so far is that I am sometimes getting instagibbed. Other than that I live to leech and i'm fine.

Another cute aspect if you receive low damage instances over an extended time you also can die which is kinda funny.

Also on single targets bosses or regenerating/corpse eating foes I sometimes struggle for mana. Any common knowledge how to fix that?

Sorry for the stream of thoughts I just need some third-party look upon all that.
As for jewelry I'm using The Taming, Eye of Innocence and Emberwake

Last edited by zlobaaaaaa on Apr 2, 2017, 3:23:15 AM
"
Phiro wrote:
Not sure if there already was such a question:

Is it better to go for armor or evasion?
I run this build at the moment and it's working well ty!

But im still not sure for which base i should aim.
At the moment i go for armor and also run a determination aura + arctiv armor of course.

I'm doing something wrong with only armor? - since sometimes i die and i want to prevent this.
Thanks

Go for what is easiest for you to get the sockets you like.

Having 1k armour or 1k evation isn't going to make any difference in terms of surbivability. Best of luck!
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
yummie wrote:
Hey there, I am trying your build as a legacy starter right now.

There are some things I don't understand:

1. where does the afk damage come from?
2. isnt the weapon suffix 'adds xx-xx fire damage to spells' more efficient for incinerating and dps than Avatar of Fire?
3. why do you have Arctic armour and Flammability in CWDT? afaik those dont work with CWDT

thanks for the guide, it's fun although i had twice as much damage with Ice Crush meelee and ancient warchief before conversion...

1. Fireburst from sceptre.
2. Yes, as you can path out of avatar of fire and the life nodes/chaos res next to it. By not having chaos resists you can activate savage hit when using doedre's elixir.
3. Arctic armour will not activate on CWDT, but be active at all times and prevent damage when we are standing still. Flammability will work with CWDT in the links used.

Tooltip isn't everything.
"
SeeDy13 wrote:
Hi, would someone mind explaining to me why vinktar's flask on this build? Because of avatar of fire wouldnt we not benefit from most of the flask (except the shock enemies around you)?

I think we mentioned on the video guide that you can really use any flasks you like. Vinktars is only used for its shock in my case which means 2.25 damage multiplier on burns and 50% more damage on initial hit.

However, nowdays I use the more expensive dying sun instead, which is also not necessary, just for the lolz.
"
Please guys tell me. With what luchshe? Sparkle, Incinerate, Blade Vortex Belly Animal 6L
Any cards I run without problems difficulties on the bosses

A google search of luchshe showed me that it means superior in Russian or something like that.

There is no superior active setup, but the setup that fits you the best.

The most versitile setup is using Cast when channeling+incinerate+firestorm+increased duration+chance to ignite+concentrated effect, together with taming and emberwake and dying sun, as it has excellent clear speed but also very powerful boss kills.

However, you can't roll 5 blue 1 red on a 6L belly, but would need to get a 6L chestplate and craft it with essence of greed.

For belly of the beast, use spark, incinerate or blade vortex setup. I rate those setups like this:
1. Incinerate (needs much mana)
2. Spark (most relaxed to run)
3. Blade vortex
"
zlobaaaaaa wrote:

Good post with clear questions and good info with pictures of gear, thanks!

First I want to say that we are going to release the expensive version of the build and with some in depth video's afterwards which cover the different clearing setups with their ups and downs, with clearing clips.

You are using the pure incinerate setup which is mana hungry. On single targets, it is hard to sustain. This makes the single target not the best.

The closes setup to this is using sparks, but they use a lot less mana.

If you have the three duration nodes in the tree my suggestion would be the following.

On map clearing:
Incinerate+CWC+lmp/gmp(depending on mana)+firestorm+concentrated effect+chance to ignite

On bosses switch out incinerate to scourching ray and on some bosses maybe lmp/gmp to blind or culling strike or something.

Secondly, you are using high lvl CWDT setups in both boots and in gloves. You are aware of that your high lvl CWDT setups requires you to hit yourself 100 times by igniting enemies before they trigger, which is equal to activating 10 firebursts.

As most rares go down in 1-2 fire bursts, this means that your flammability in this setup is utterly useless for normal map clearing, as it won't activate unless you are hit by mobs hard. Change it back to the setup I run with a low lvl CWDT with flammability.

Also get a basalt flask instead of rumi's (we're not a block build and don't want to block) and change witch fire brew to anything else, like wize oak if your fire res is your highest. If you do as I mentioned in the post before this one with fire spell damage on sceptre and speck out of the life/chaos res nodes, doedre's elixir is very nice. Overflowing chalice makes it more reliable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info