[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

--- AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 - also great clear speed ---

3.0 AFK Gone Balls - Montage Video - with shaper kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHHUffkc9Q

Footage from 2.6 and earlier

Spoiler
*****|| - AFK GONE META montage - ||*****
Bit more expensive with 1 shot on minotaur and AFK minotaur and phoenix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLX19tE0bE&feature=youtu.beplace

*****|| - WATCH THE MONTAGE VIDEO - ||*****
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvA95dNCMM
From 3.49 in the clip u have a fast guide of what is important to the build

*****|| - WATCH THE BUILD GUIDE VIDEO - ||*****
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCXbn1nL_U

*****|| - IN DEPTH VIDEO CLIPS : BEHIND THE SCENES - ||*****
8 In depth video clips. Check it out! Added 2017-04-11
Spoiler

Choosing clearing setup:
https://youtu.be/ZmwuNrcwsHQ

Vaal righteous fire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy4Js71XDsY

Vaal molten shell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMsktmq8KkY

Reaching high life and avoiding one-shots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWpLnXv52Cs

The Minotaur and Phoenix AFK Setups:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkhvzbG9x2U

Leveling and endgame: Damage issues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI-vwhgyOU8

Pricing variation and crafting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ikk6cFOFbM

Off colouring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMrxTczHEKU

Big thanks to Chilifreak, the producer and creator of those videos!

Welcome to the official "AFK Gone Cheap" build guide and discussion thread. This build utilizes the interaction between ignites, cast when damage taken setups and the uniques eye of innocence, razor of the seventh sun to afk most of game content and to clear with fast speed actively. By being berserker, you also have a powerful afk capability against high impact damage that doesn't one shot you. For the more in depth concepts of the build I recommend watching the build guide video under the spoiler "Footage from 2.6 and earlier" on top of this page. If you want even more info, watch the in depth videos under "Footage from 2.6 and earlier".

3.3 tree and poedb
POEDB
https://pastebin.com/yFbPWQrE
Tree:
http://poeurl.com/bXpz

3.2 Montage - based on 3.1 fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JviNxRnjKg

3.1 Fix

In 3.1 I have changed ascendency to Scion Ascendant slayer/juggernaut. This is for great leech effects and immortal call. Also I have tried using the ring Ngamahu's sign + Watcher's eye with life gain on hit while affected by vitality to open up using any weapon setup in the world, instead of razor of the seventh sun. I use dual poet's pen, which is insanely fun and I've taken down all guardians, red elder, dual core bosses, dual dark forrest etc. You activated the socketed spells by using frenzy attack, which is supported by faster attacks from my elder gloves. The cost to get this upgraded version started is -18-01-06 around 2 exalts. You can easily farm to this with the cheap setup by selling all catogrophers, offering to the godess etc.

I have also afked minotaur, T15 kitava etc with weapon swith to dual razor of the seventh sun.

Here I quickly show you my experimental setup till I have a montage clip ready. Use with caution.

Current path of building pastebin
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/kfr7H4C3

Gear
Spoiler

Don't forget Watcher's eye vitality life gained on hit in skill tree.

Skilltree and bandits

Pantheons
Spoiler

Major: Soul of solaris
Minor: Soul of Gruthkul
When doing labs to get offering to godess (woth 5c each) use Soul of Ryslatha

3.0 Fix

Ignite has been heavily nerfed, so now we have to rely on something else as fireburst ignites will do low damage. For active setups I will use magma orb or dark pact, working on both currently. The fireburst sceptre will no longer be necessary, but may be kept, or changed for rare sceptre or daryani's catalyst.

2.6 FIX

As you only can have 1 kind of blade vortex at time from now on, you should drop your blade vortex (BV) setup in chest.

3.0 AFK Gone Balls - Magma orb clearing setup

In 3.0 we use an active clearing setup when we feel like clearing as it is much faster and it utilizes magma orb. This build can afk up to T16 guardians and can kill all content in the game actively, including shaper. The budget ranges from under 1 exalted orb to loads of exalted orbs. The higher the budget the faster the clear speed.

Gear
Spoiler

Gem links
Spoiler

OBS!!! LEVEL ON THE GEMS IN THE "CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN" SETUPS NEED TO BE THE EXACT SAME LEVEL AS MINE, DON'T LEVEL IT MORE!!!

Helmet
Spoiler

Razor of the seventh sun
Spoiler

Sceptre
Spoiler

Armour active magma orb setup
Spoiler

When clearing maps:

If you want more projectiles, switch faster projectiles
to greater multipler projectiles

When killing bosses, switch faster projectiles
to slower projectiles

Arcane surge is an alternative for fire penetration

Gloves

Spoiler

Boots

Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Placement of jewels:

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill all.

Pantheons

Spoiler
Major:
- Soul of solaris on bosses without spawns
- Soul of lunaris when clearing maps and bosses with spawns
Minor:
- Soul of tukohama minor god if I wanna AFK.
- Soul of gruthkul minor god if I wanna clear actively.
- Soul of Yugul on elemental reflect map for extra safety.

Skill tree - Magma orb:

Pastebin magma orb to use with path of building application:

Leveling

Spoiler

leveling tree 45 points - 1 ascendency points

Leveling tree 75 points - 2 ascendency points (right before meciless lab)

Skill gems
Spoiler

Spells to use:
From level 1: use magma orb
From level 12: use firestorm
When you have socketed inevitable jewels in the two jewel slots, use magma orb again

Support gems to consider: faster casting, controlled destruction, echo, elemental focus, concentrated effect and lesser multiple projectiles.

Later on immolate, fire penetration and faster/slower projectiles for magma orb.

Leveling uniques:
Spoiler
Lvl 1: Dual life sprig
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lifesprig
Lvl 1: Tabula rasa

Lvl 5: Stone of lazwhar amulet (for intelligence) or karui ward for damage

Lvl 16: Dual emberwake

Lvl 24: Reverberation rod if not using 4 link or tabula rasa

Lvl 32: Dual dark seer

Killing uber atziri
Spoiler

Gear switch:
Spoiler

On atziri, use in your offhand:

or

Flask switch:
Spoiler

Before tripple boss:

Before Atziri:

Get two vaal clarity (level not so important) + increased duration in your boots instead of the ball lightning setup. The vaal clarities allows you to precast magma orb before the bosses spawns.

Mob clearing:
On mob clearing keep your distance on the slow zombie like mobs, since their crits can one shot and there are loads of crit packs as well. Vaals are not dangerous at all what so ever, you can face tank everything they do except their slam. I have never died to them.

Tripple bosses
Before the tripple bosses, basalt flask or extra life flask can be useful. On the tripple boss, the killing order is insanely important.

Best order is:
Fire dual striker, titty b**ch and lastly the cycloner. Second worst is Titty bi***, then dual striker and last the cycloner.

Important note! When the dual striker goes into fire form, do not attack him if you killed titty first, if you do you will die eventually. Also, your CWDT setups will kill you on his flame form, so you might wanna remove the low CWDT setups if you plan on killing him second.

If you kill them in the right order, everything will be fine and you can even do it deathless. To not die of titty, whirl after every magma orb cast (cast magma orb towards center). To kill the cycloner, just face tank him with anti bleed pots, he can't kill you ever.

Atziri
Uber atziri herself is cake, you almost never die of her, however the quad phase is living hell.

Before the fight you need to prepare some things. Either you run dual ruby flasks, dual topaz flasks with anti bleed or just ruby flasks (I ran dual both).

Then you either run saffel's frame in weapon switch or rise of the phoenix (then you have to dodge lighnting storms). Heartbreaker weapon is used as it enables whirling blades. Then I used purity of fire and purity of lightning as auras and dropped anger. Purity of lightning isn't needed if you dodge lightning storms.

Activate your vaal clarities on the quad phases only. On atziri herself, cast normally without vaal clarity. On the ad phase cast as far as possible so the last orb bounces hits the pack and then keep on spamming till atziri herself comes back. The mana usage will keep you from hitting full mana making you keep leeching mana, this way you can precast on atziri without using vaal clarity!!!

This setup made me die once on the whole fight against uber atziri herself. If was against the mirror phase, I precasted with vaal clarity and sadly the mirror eded up there and I thought I could tank the 100% reflect, which I apparently could not as I also took damage from the other clones. After that I did not precast and it worked perfectly. I would say it is very possible to do it deathless, though the 200 chaos cost of every run doesn't make me so happy about doing the runs...

The guide from 2.6 and earlier:
Spoiler

Q&A - Questions and Answers

Spoiler
Any leveling tips ? I've never done a marauder before
Spoiler
Raskofshadows wrote: "Level to 16 and then facebreakers shield charge till 28 and then ancestral warchief till 68."
Flame totem is also an alternative if you like the safe playstyle.

What about bandits?
Spoiler
Normal: Save Oak[ (for life)
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

Is this build still under 1 exalted orb?

Spoiler

In essence league:
Right now as I write this on poe.trade:

1ex costs you 71c

Eye of innoscense:
44c

Razor of the seventh sun:
9c

Essence of hysteria:
8c x 2 = 16c

Random 5L chestplate:
1 alteration orb
------------------------
sum: 69c, that is still under 1 ex

The question is however, does it really matter if it costs 1 ex + 15c? ;)

In the previous patch when I did Mjölner goes phone compatible, the gear you needed costed 30ex+ just to be able to go AFK. This was maybe achieveable by less than 1% of the league players.

Now with costs around 1 ex, about every league player that reaches endgame on its first league char can do this build. The prices have "skyrocketed" only means that it has gone from extremely cheap to reasonable :)

What about atziri/uber atziri? And lab/uber lab?

Spoiler

I can AFK uber Itzario as shown in the video, so np ;) The traps however I do not like too much.

Havent tried atziri or uber atziri. They should work as long as you dont get one shot. My previous AFK build afked normal atziri, this one I don't know as I havent tried.
You might wanna avoid mirror atziri, but also maybe you can hit the mirror as you leech 100% of your damage when you've taken a savage hit. I don't really know. Might be something for you to try out ;)

The Taming is pretty expensive. Seems like this can significantly boost your build, but otherwise, what's the alternative?

Spoiler
The Taming is the item you get last of everything, when you have decided that you love this build so much that you want to invest that last bit, to get faster boss kills and somewhat faster rare mob kills. The rat cage is also a fun item that combined with vaal molten shell speeds up boss kills when switching it in.

So I would start by getting cheap resistance rings. If you then like the build and want somewhat faster boss kills, get taming :)

One alternative is eg. doedre's daming and getting one second curse: elemental weakness linked to CWDT. Moku's embrace is one alternative with high ignite chance roll. If you want rare rings, unset rings are good as you can put eg. anger aura in one as you mana pool allows it. So there is no best replacement ring, which ones to get you decide :)

What about guardian? And shaper...

Spoiler
Havent acutally tried any guardian more than the minotaur. Of what I have seen when it comes to shaper fights with these kind of builds is that it should go down if you are good with the mechanics. You can even load up your vms for the fight several times. Also saw one on reddit who did a takedown with vms, with a build with similar aspects, but on a 4l bladevortex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmJiUGBzD8&feature=youtu.be

On top of that I have instant leech and poe cloaked in savagery (100% of damage leeched).

But this is just speculation. You could always invest in finding out ;).

When it comes to the other guardians, I havent seen anything that scares me off. Maybe phoenix will be hard, but at the same time if it activates savage hits, it should be safe (non AFK of course).

What about Atziri and others ignite immunes?. How can you deal with them?

Spoiler

I just kill without going AFK. She will make savage hits with leeches me back to full life in an instant. The razor of the seventh sun only really matters on small hitters and not so much on big hitters like atziri. That is piece of cake. Uber I have yet to try, but should work as long as I dont get one shot by her lightning things.

What gives the Helmet - "socketed gems have 50% chance to ignite" and the sceptre - "10% chance to cast level 20 burst on hit"?
Spoiler

Both mods are creating by crafting with the "essence of hysteria" in helmet and scepters.

You chose elemental focus for the scepter. Why didn't u choose to use Fire penetration so that the Fire Blast can ignite?

Spoiler

I think that my reasoning was that I wanted as fast clearing speed as possible on white, blue and rare mobs, and my flammability curse applies on every pack giving them -29% fire resistance. Which means that lvl 20 firepen gives 29% more dmg on 0% resistance mobs. On mobs that have 80% fire resistance, it will do 79% more damage. I thought therefore that elemental focus 49% more damage would help me more. As I have no usage of the ignites as I have emberwake the damage of them, it doesn't matter which one I choose.

However non emberwake/taming users can try elemental proliferation or firepen as you will gain more from that.

Are there any other spells which can link to the higher CWDT set up instead of Artict Armour?

Spoiler

Higher lvls of any of the spells you have in low lvl, for eg. glacial cascade, blade vortex, ball lightning, firestorm. Firespells will do the most damage (as avatar of fire removes half of the damage of all other damage types). There is one risk though, that the spell won't activate when you need it the most (as using the same spell will mean that they will share the sam cooldown).

If you feel that it's a waste to use two of the same spells (as they share the same cooldown) you could use skills like fire skills like fireball, magma orb, flame surge.

How to level maruader

Spoiler
Raskofshadows gave us great tips which I will repost here:

Level to 16 and then use facebreakers with the skill gem shield charge till your reach level 28. Then use ancestral warchief till 68.

To improve the results of anchestral warchief Raskofshadows got the following items:

Belt
At level 9 - Meginord's Girdle

Quiver
At level 19 Skirmish Two-Point Arrow Quiver - this makes it so you can use 2 warchief totems

Helmets
Goldrim
At level 35 The Three Dragons - 30+ to all resists, but has weird mods your choice
At level 60 - Equip Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet

Rings
At level 16 Mokou's Embrace - If you can't afford taming
At level 16 Emberwake
Could also use Pyre Sapphire Ring at level 11 then once level 16 equipt the rings above

Amulet
At lvl 8 - Ignomon

My own, ChrispieD's comments

As amulet you can also get rare amulets with added physical damage or unique amulets like:

At level 24 - Karui Charge Jade Amulet
At level 55 - Bloodgrip Coral Amulet

When it comes to rings, I would recommend rare rings with physical damage or:
At level 30 - The Warden's Brand
It gives a very high physical damage base to facebreakers, with an attack speed downside that is covered partly by Karui Charge Jade Amulet or the support gem faster attacks.

Skill tree

Spoiler

Conversion from ancestral warchief at lvl 68 tree:

Endgame tree at lvl 89

Abberath's Hooves tree (AFK GONE META) at lvl 92:

Jewels

Spoiler

Prioritize max roll 7% increased life on all your jewels before anything else. If resists are missing you get that as well. Damage that helps our build is spell damage, area damage, elemental damage, fire damage and increased damage, where the last four double dip. Chance to ignite on the jewels is also very useful.

In the top left jewel slot after the elemental nodes, next to whispers of doom, an 8% anatomical knowledge unique jewel can be plased as it gives a a bit more life than a rare life jewel.

Example on a rare jewel search on poe.trade:
http://poe.trade/search/kukazuniahihih

My Gear

Spoiler

My Gear - Abberath's version

Spoiler

Note: the 4 off colour belly of the beast used for vaal RF can be replaced with a more budget friendly 5 linked es chest or hybrid es chest (any ilvl), crafted with deafening essence of greed. I lose about 200 hp with it, which is allright. To not have to off colour the abberath's I mention an alternative setup under the title "My Links - Abberath's version".

Vaal RF Gear and weapon switch:

Flasks on guadrians Vaal RF:

My Links - Abberath's version

Spoiler

NOTE:
If you don't want to run 4 off colour abberath's hooves (bit expensive), there is an alternative setup. Put blasphemy+flammability+elemental weakness in razor of the seventh sun (3 blue with vorici) and blasphemy+flammability+elemental weakness in the same order in the doryani's catalyst in off hand that corresponds the place of razor of the seventh sun, so the blasphemy works with the weapon switch. Keep the increased area of effect in abberath's and add a 3 link high level CWDT setup. Put cyclone+fortify in gloves and a 2 link high level CWDT setup. Best of luck!

Helmet:

Razor of the seventh sun:

Fireburst sceptre:

Chestplate:

Gloves:

Abberath's hooves:

My setup in off hand dual doryani's:

and

Vaal RF links in extra 5L chestplate:

My active gem setup in chest

Spoiler
Spoiler
5L

6L

or

Non AoF 6L Blade vortex

Spoiler

Incinerate
Spoiler

5L

6L

or

or

Spark
Spoiler

Gear upgrades

Spoiler

OUTDATED. THE EXPENSIVE VERSION OF THE BUILD FROM PATCH 2.6 IS "AFK GONE META" or as we also call it, the abberath's hooves version of the build.

Chestplate

Spoiler

My recommended choice, gives a lot of life and lets us keep our active skill gem setup. Gives me 7k life with my skill tree (from 6.3k from tabula).

Recommended for afking or maybe in combination with abberath's hooves. Overall slower clear speed if no active setup, but better protection against one shots.

Rat's cage is only for the lolz. As it lags too much, I rarely or never use it. Vaal RF is probably more useful now when I think about it. It is however very fun to watch minotaur go down with one skill :). Not that I only put this one on just in the boss fight, not in the entire map.

Brass dome is not recommended, however you are free to try it. The armour won't protect us from one shots at all without wasteful tree investment, and even then, the effect is useless if you ask me. When it comes to the crits it might be useful if you run a lot of crit multi maps. If that is not the case, indomitable from the tree reduced the crit multi of mobs from 130 to 110. Enfeeble takes care of the rest. So, I would say no to brass dome.

Rings
Spoiler

On a budget 2 moku's embrace

or maybe

for boss kills.

For faster boss kills but overall slower clear speed, upgrade to:

Example setup on how to take down guardians

Spoiler

We have Vega06 to thank for sharing the following text, which is a direct citation of him/her.

As some of You asked, I'm going to write couple of tips how to success with ANY T15 mods [even refl.] and T16.

At first : You need to have 6 more sockets.

~Wat?

You need second pair of weapons [+1ex on std, cuz of 60C for Hysteria]. One for mob clearing and second for boss kills. [You swap them via X button before boss fight]
It should look like this [Check gems, they are important]:
Hands for mobclearing.

Hands for boss kills.

~Okay, got that, what's next?

You need all gems to be level ~19-20.
Expections -> Must have 20/20 Molten Shell and 0/20 or 0/21 Anger. [ Great dps improvement ]
So You lose next couple of C, even an Ex.
~And that's it?

Phew. No, it's just a beggining.
For mob clearing i recommend spark, cuz with good gems it spreads very fast [ignite] and you see all the mobs even in dark corners. My cheap 6L for it. [ Took it in tabula's price ]

For boss kills, we need Kaom's. Normal 1 ex Kaom's work well. I have 8450 hp with it.

~Okay, but 8450hp is not enough for Mino / Mala hit with some nasty map mods, like +100% cold etc.

For that, we have to increase our EHP pool to 11-12k. Its easy to do it. If you have already checked gems in boss killing weapons we get fortify for 11s each 4s [ hit cannot be evaded ] and we use Molten Shell for additional armour and dmg prevent pool + we use a flask
I use flask when i feel dangerous, like mino's stacked falling rocks, it gives u some time to run from these circles.
By using Vigilant Strike while its on cooldown we can do additional ignites with our normal hits [ I recommend that on T15's] In T16's we use molten shell each time it breaks, so its skill cast each 1-2s.

~Where comes dps from then?

I assume that You are already well geared boy, and You own

Mechanics of these rings are explained in build guide.
We have to maximize our ignite chance then. I have 54% flat ignite chance. Its 16% more than in build tree probably. You can get it by jewels. They should be maxed in life too ofc. [Don't know how to link em from tree, anyways 7% Max HP + 2/3 % chance for ignite] They are farily cheap, 5c to 20c for each on standard actually.
If You already maximized your ignite chance You have 104-105% chance to ignite at helmet skills. It gets mino and chimera with max 300 ignites in about 15 sec from fight start.
With that amount of ignites we get our dmg up to x2.2 ~ approx [it scales before tree does, sadly]. Anger gives each spell good dmg boost, and each molten shell blows for a fair amount of dmg. While we have 300 ignites and 100% ignite chance on BW / Firestorm , we get Fire Burst from Opal Spectre each ~0.5-1.0s, it hits approx for 15k.

~What about map mods?

You can run any map mod but. Ele ref is annoying, boss is easy cuz you savage hit yourself with fire burst. But some mobs may cause you get injured, if i vaal ele ref i just get 2 more hp flask instead of Atziri's Promise and instant heal one.
Which mod i avoid? 90% chance to avoid status aliments. It means your ignite chance is 90% decreased. 54% -> 5,4 etc. It slows you dps a lot.

~T16's , T15's. What about shaper , atziri , lab?

I'm not Atziri viable. She's ignite proof. I just left a map after dealing 5% dmg to her...
Shaper is not that hard, You just have to avoid lazor and know a basics of his attacks.
If You get 5x HP flask, you can do lab. I just don't. You cannot survive at traps with Vaal Pact.

My notes :
You will die at Chimera a lot, until You get more HP flask with youself [His smoke shrouds]
Until You have less than 10k EHP do not facetank mino for longer than 30s. [4 stacks of falling rocks can snipe You]
Hydra is easy, but she is trying to evade You. You have to follow her and facetank hits with Molten Shell.
I use Kaom's on first phase of malachai to survive, then I switch to normal plate for spark, to kill his hearts from distance.
Twinned bosses are easier. Why? Cuz they give You more things to heal, and 2x 9k Hit is still 2x9K not 1x18K. You won't die while You ignite faster. [CWDT's]
And remember, always move in hard bosses. Avoid 1/2 hits etc, cuz You might get killed by bleed, posion , ignite , anything. [ DoT can take You down to 80% hp and You are already Instakill-able]
My actual gear:

I'm tired a bit, if i miss something or You have questions feel free to PM me in game. [Skomma] or PM here / Forum.
I will try to answer to everyone.
My profile and characters are public, You can check my equipment and tree. [very similar to build one]
Sorry for my english if i've made mistakes. [You can PM me where i did so i'll change it]

Example of more budget focused Gear
Spoiler

Thank you "Kilsum" for posting your gear example!

Test of what active setup to use in chestplate
Spoiler

EDIT: A bit outdated. Watch the clearing video in the "in depth video" section of the guide for footage from each clearing setup.

Just decided to test active BV vs Incinerate vs Spark again, however (this is a big but), I did keep avatar of fire since I can't respec this char without losing my whole total tree respec.

Important note, this is in not way a scientific study, just a quick comparison. I would recommend you all to test for yourself which setup you like the most with tabula, to then decide if you are in doubt.

Description of how I did it:

Spoiler

I also did moku's embrace vs taming. I cleared in normal pace, with my normal technique. If something extraordenary like a 20 sec screen freeze happened, I paused the timer right in beginning and then put it on when it was over. I picked up items as normally. Big backtrackings or things that I didn't account for in the timer was noted down.

The map of choice was T11 chateau map, mainly because I had 6 of them so I could do the comparison. This map shows the positivity from the increased whirling speed from moku's in a bad way since it has lots of obsticles. I didn't feel that the room layout was bad however for spark as it bounces more.

The test:

Spoiler

Taming+emberwake
Spark + Gmp+echo+ele prolif+chance to ignite+faster proj
3:30 - 20 left
Incinerate+GMP+Faster proj.-Faster cast - Chance to ignite+Ele prolif
2:40 11 left
- Had a bit of backtracking, maybe lost 15 secs
BV+added fire+echo+contr destr+chance to ignite+inc aoe
2:45 17 left

Dual moku's
2:40 22 left
with maybe 10 secs backtracking

Incinerate+GMP+Faster proj.-Faster cast - Chance to ignite+Ele prolif
2:45 11 left
maybe 15 secs backtracking + rare that made screenfreeze for 10 secs
2x slower boss kill than bv moku
elemental prolif here was stupid, clear speed should have been a bit higher

3:45 - 34 left
Had a screen freeze for maybe 15 secs so I stopped the timer right away
Also had smaller screen freezes maybe 3-4 times. Would have probably shaved off 20 secs if it wasn't for the lag. Maybe 3x the boss kill time of bv moku's.
elemental prolif here was stupid, clear speed should have been a bit higher

My own thoughts:
Spoiler

Before the results I want to tell my personal experience. When it comes to boss killing with taming, bv (without concentrated effect) was a bit faster (maybe 20-50%) than spark and incinerate, which were about equal. With moku's embrace, bv (without conc. effect) was maybe 100% faster than incinerate, and incinerate was maybe 50% faster than spark. I was standing on boss during the whole battle so all my CWDT spells would hit it including BV.

When it comes to map clearing with taming spark with taming felt pretty good as I didn't have to run after single targets. But it also lagged a lot, which brought down the experience. Incinerate also felt even better than spark. Blade vortex felt the fastest, but wasn't. If accounting the backtracking, incinerate was maybe 15 secs faster. Spark was the slowest, ca 40% slower than incinerate. This is with avatar of fire however.

One very important thing with moku's and spark and incinerate that I kept elemental proliferation on, which actually reduced their damage and gave them notiong back. This means that spark and incinerate would have preformed a good bit better than they did in this part of the test.
When it comes to moku's clearing, as dmg reduced with spark a lot, the lag became inbearable.

If there would have been flame bearers in the map, it would have been 4-5 occations where I could have died due to screen freeze. Incinerate felt just as good as before. Blade vortex felt a bit better.

Want to give special thanks to everyone keeping this forum thread alive and helping out new players in need. You all show that there are many ways to play this build, but we all still share the same con, LaaAaAAaaaAAAaaaAaaAAAaG ;)
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Jun 6, 2018, 3:22:11 AM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2018, 5:28:18 PM
Any leveling tips ? I've never done a marauder before.
whats about bandits ?
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"

level to 16 and then facebreakers shield charge till 28 and then ancestral warchief till 68.
"
guggelhupf wrote:
whats about bandits ?

Probs oak, kill, kill, this is a life based build and it doesn't focus on crit.
"
raskofshadows wrote:
"

level to 16 and then facebreakers shield charge till 28 and then ancestral warchief till 68.

Sounds like a good way of doing it. I lvled last time 2 years ago with my mara, probably with facebreakers.

"
raskofshadows wrote:
"
guggelhupf wrote:
whats about bandits ?

Probs oak, kill, kill, this is a life based build and it doesn't focus on crit.

Correct. If u want faster attack speed for whirling blades you can get it in cruel, but I don't recommend it as you can get it on your jewels.
Really good job on the build, but how tanky is it really? Only 7k life means you will get one shotted to a lot of stuff especially with nasty map mods I think.

I was going to try this in EHC but I can't imagine it will survive the really big hitters.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Really good job on the build, but how tanky is it really? Only 7k life means you will get one shotted to a lot of stuff especially with nasty map mods I think.

I was going to try this in EHC but I can't imagine it will survive the really big hitters.

I never recommend my builds for HC. This one is dangerous for a couple of reasons. One is that it has less hp that 10k, which always is risky. Second, since you have lots of effects on screen, bearers are hard to see. I have a red-green colour vision defect, but I think people with normal colour vision will have a hard time as well.

But if you look at many of the hc builds, it's not unusual to have 6k ish life. Though you also see these builds rip sooner or later.

Also note, that if you would lose connection and the game doesn't log you out instantly the build should save you from dying for those reasons.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Oct 23, 2016, 3:36:47 PM
The prices for the unique's and essences have gone up quite a bit - meaning its no longer a under 1ex build.
Unfortunately.
What about atziri/uber atziri? And lab/uber lab?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info